+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What the fuck     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    I currently get 5~8 a day with the filter on not counting today which was surprisingly rmt free.
    Just because YOU had some luck with the filter doesn't mean everyone else has and likewise the filter not doing jack shit for me doesn't prove that the rmt are spamming more.
    My theory is that chatmon blocked off a decent chunk more of the rmt messages than i thought it did previously. Once the filter came in and they started speaking in algebra chatmon didn't have a way to block anything that gets past SE's filter.

So you were using chatmon, which means your comment was inappropriate regarding SE's filter.

SE's filter is blocking a crap load of /tells IMO judging from what it was before and after. People who were using chatmon before, are in no position to judge the effect of SE's filter.

i didn't screenshot it because i could honestly care less(idk why you guys get chatmon, it's not that big of a deal), but an rmt kept spamming me - buy ffxi gil [email protected] for hours. 1-2 tells every 5 minutes

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vodou View Post
    People who were using chatmon before, are in no position to judge the effect of SE's filter.
    You can take that holier than thou shit and just shove it up your ass. All up in your ass. That is all.

Why are they in no position to judge SE's filter? Claiming that it's a windower thing is irrelevant, they can obviously see that SE's filter is bullshit, using chatmon doesn't remove from them that capability at all, I agree, shove the holier than thou attitude, it's pretty idiotic

Quote Originally Posted by Siniroth View Post
    Why are they in no position to judge SE's filter?
    They're basing their assumption of what SE's filter removes off of a flawed environment, say chatmod and SE's filter block the same things: turning SE's filter on when you already have chatmon will do nothing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tankjr View Post
    You can take that holier than thou shit and just shove it up your ass. All up in your ass. That is all.

The irony is that my statement was referring to a scientific condition (obtaining a baseline) that you refuted using a religious reference.

I think what you really to say is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Tankjr View Post
    We have our opinion...keep your facts to yourself.
    So be it: ignore the facts and common sense if it displeases you.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

SE's chat filter fucks with the tells I send my friends and the ones they send me so much that I can't bear to turn it on and break my own conversations with people. I don't use chatmon because I'm too lazy to configure it, so that leaves me with about 10 RMT tells a day, which has honestly stopped bothering me for the most part. I guess I'm desensitized or something by now.

SE's spaghetti code is completely awful, they should just hire the Windower team already and give them free reign to un-shit up the game. They obviously can't do it themselves.

Also, Vodou can gtfo

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post

Also, Vodou can gtfo
    can you read?

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

To answer whatever troll it was, no, I do not play XI anymore, but fuck I'm not retarded. Any filter that also manages to filter legit tells from people that seemingly have nothing to do with RMT in any sort of capacity is completely full of fail. The fact that some RMT tells get through still is more of an "oh, well," (hell you still get them rarely in WoW, or you did when I played) but fucking with legit conversations is fucking lame. And that's something chatmon never did, so OH LOOK Windower wins again.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I had a friend actually have to message me through AIM because apparently asking me some question about Dragoon was considered an RMT-related message by the filter.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I had this happen to me about a month ago while fighting JoL. -.-

"/blacklist add <r>" and it was over. I assumed the RMT bot glitched out when it got to my name.

MaachaQ

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    To answer whatever troll it was, no, I do not play XI anymore, but fuck I'm not retarded. Any filter that also manages to filter legit tells from people that seemingly have nothing to do with RMT in any sort of capacity is completely full of fail. The fact that some RMT tells get through still is more of an "oh, well," (hell you still get them rarely in WoW, or you did when I played) but fucking with legit conversations is fucking lame. And that's something chatmon never did, so OH LOOK Windower wins again.
    I've never had any tells blocked by the SE filter, and only 1-2 RMT tells get through each day. IDK what these people are doing that keep getting their tells blocked... It's only happened 1-2 times ever out of all my friends...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ill add this to the filter in a bit for chatmon

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ps, ALOT of these tells wouldnt be getting through if you guys kept using chatmon....

you know SE isnt going to do as good of a job as i am on the spam filtering lol. I've already got shit in place for these new wave of tells putting special chars in. its the ones where they are replacing shit that still gets through and lil hard to block though.

sadly SE blocked new line chars on spam filter now -.- so no more pasting multiline text into game as itll get blocked by anyone using spam filters.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks for the work Aikar.

I still cannot believe SE didnt take the simplest approach to the problem and just filter by Trial account status.

Just like email anti-spam; If i know IP 1.2.3.X is a massive email spammer; i'm going to blackhole that whole block.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Vodou View Post
    So you were using chatmon, which means your comment was inappropriate regarding SE's filter.

SE's filter is blocking a crap load of /tells IMO judging from what it was before and after. People who were using chatmon before, are in no position to judge the effect of SE's filter.
    You're assuming they don't simply keep trying until a /tell goes through when something is blocked when we've already seen screenshots from people proving that when blocked the rmt simply take 5 minutes to discover a new way past the filter.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

in b4 everyone gets smart and adds "replace" to their chatmon filter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Actually we do. We are saying SE's is shitty cause they are blocking alot of valid messages and not updating fast for the new waves of tells.

We know exactly how many was sent befiore the official implementation too. We have a counter of how many is blocked. I received over 150 in 24 hrs one time.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The real/main advantage chatmon had over SE's filter was the fact that the rmt didn't realize they were being blocked.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    The real/main advantage chatmon had over SE's filter was the fact that the rmt didn't realize they were being blocked.
    Now if we can just get everyone to stop using SE's filter they wont know anymore