BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

:D Thanks for this info!!

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

4,620 gil for an hour's worth of Refresh... not sure if it's really worth the extra inventory space, the cost (which would add up over time), the perpetual (albeit small) Poison effect and the hassle of having to keep using a new one every 120 seconds. Also consider that you're losing 6-12% -PDT from Umbra Cape in your idle setups, as well as the fact that you won't be getting the Refresh 100% of the time since you'll be casting most spells in a different back piece. Let's not even get into how much effort it takes to get a PTC in the first place...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Regardless, it sure beats Poison pots for sleep immunity... I hate buying poison pots for things like that, feels like it's burning a hole in my wallet. These are awesome.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    I was duped!
    Don't worry LM-17 is coming soon! heyo!

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    4,620 gil for an hour's worth of Refresh... not sure if it's really worth the extra inventory space, the cost (which would add up over time), the perpetual (albeit small) Poison effect and the hassle of having to keep using a new one every 120 seconds. Also consider that you're losing 6-12% -PDT from Umbra Cape in your idle setups, as well as the fact that you won't be getting the Refresh 100% of the time since you'll be casting most spells in a different back piece. Let's not even get into how much effort it takes to get a PTC in the first place...
    Spellcast.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    Spellcast.
    Pudding.

See, I can respond with unrelated nouns too.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Fuck.

Now I have to go get myself a Taster's Cape.

Thanks.

Also consider that you're losing 6-12% -PDT from Umbra Cape in your idle setups, as well as the fact that you won't be getting the Refresh 100% of the time since you'll be casting most spells in a different back piece.
    Don't be stupid. Full timing the pdt cape is even more retarded than full timing taster's cape. If I had to choose it would refresh any time.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Don't be stupid.
    Hahahaha. Brb, found myself a sig.

Anyway, nobody here (other than you, apparently) was seriously considering fulltiming either piece so pointless post was pointless. The OP, on the other hand... nice info, glad it's not considered a food effect.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Then i guess you fuckers need to be idling in darksteel harnesses and Louhi's masks on RDM.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Don't be stupid. Full timing the pdt cape is even more retarded than full timing taster's cape. If I had to choose it would refresh any time.
    Where did I mention full-timing anything? Shut up.

0/194 QQTH, time to idle in a darksteel harness+1 and spend a week in beadeaux(s)

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Come on guys we all know different gear for different situations. Thanks for the info OP.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Pudding.

See, I can respond with unrelated nouns too.
    Not really unrelated, if nothing else it can help with the popping every 2 minutes part, I have something similar in my WAR one that pops a mithkabob every time I gain XP then engage a mob while having no food effect on.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you have the inventory room for Poison Taster's Cape, you are probably missing other important things.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Where did I mention full-timing anything? Shut up.
    The comment was still kinda stupid. Does Duelist chappy suck because you wont have it on fulltime? Morrigan body sucks because you might have Relic body in your precast? Might wear something different for enhancing?wear golliard body for lower recast on spells that arent affected by the morrigan?
    Your logic presented doesn't conflict with what is written above. At the end of the day it's still extra refresh.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sure you're not going to wanna fulltime the cape, and won't use it 24/7, but for stuff like einherjar or maybe salvage if you get a back/waist cell before body or head it'd be nice.

Also if everyone in the alliance is wearing cape with poison effect, you weaken meteor damage by 14%.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Does it give you a food icon? Because I'd rather stick to poison pots if going against a boss that can dispel food effects.
    No it does not give the food icon, the only icon I received was a poison icon. If it can be dispelled along with other foods from bosses I do not know sorry.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    The comment was still kinda stupid. Does Duelist chappy suck because you wont have it on fulltime? Morrigan body sucks because you might have Relic body in your precast? Might wear something different for enhancing?wear golliard body for lower recast on spells that arent affected by the morrigan?
    Your logic presented doesn't conflict with what is written above. At the end of the day it's still extra refresh.
    He didn't say that. He said the Refresh obviously isn't as useful as it would be on paper. That, along with wasted inventory space, unnecessary cost, and depleted HP (hi2u damaged Stoneskin), makes it rather unfavorable to actually use. To be honest, I would never touch this solo simply because I prefer to not have Stoneskin needlessly wasted.

If you're desperate for Refresh and not doing something that is actually important and requires having useful gear in your inventory, and don't mind the extra the cost, by all means..it won't help you that much.

I'll stick to my -6%/-12% PDT, though.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Did you even read my post? Does other Refresh gear cost gil per tick of MP, take up multiple inventory spaces, or give a -1hp/tick penalty? No. They're not comparable. In fact, the combination of the cape and the poison is more comparable to Sublimation than Refresh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast