Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I can see that refresh cape being useful for lowman situations where every bit of refresh counts, ie holding Khimaira with just rdm and pld. No, it isn't necessary to pop a poison fruit 24/7 just for extra refresh. But it definitely gives players a competitive advantage in certain situations where it may be necessary. Kinda funny how people would rather bash one another than focus on this recent discovery of a cheaper alternative to poison pots and an alternate use for this type of item besides resisting sleepgas.

For the record, Cheviot/Umbra cape is a decent idle piece considering alternatives. Idling in some random piece of equipment that does nothing until you cast or use a job ability is not going to give you the same benefit of avoiding damage when you didn't expect it. It's kind of like Paladins that idle in full enmity while standing around doing absolutely nothing until their next JA/flash is up (assuming they're not spamming curekits).

Btw the alchemist who did that lil paragraph rant on the first page made me lolz.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    indeed, a cheaper alternative to poison pots make this so much more affordable for Poison Taster's Cape..
    I forgot I had that for my Blue Mage, love that camp in Nyzul xD

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ishbal massacre at the OP's house! He will know what it means to turn on us alchemists.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also, the fruit only drops off of Vrtra.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Drowning my mule in the fountain in Bastok Markets as she's now worthless to me. I hope you're happy OP, her blood is on your hands!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Ishbal massacre at the OP's house! He will know what it means to turn on us alchemists.
    Also, this is win!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    For the record, nowhere did I state that I don't think people should use it. I said that I'm not sure if it'd be worth the disadvantages associated with it. If they don't apply to you, and you're prepared to deal with the hassle of hauling around fruit, swapping it in and out of your satchel, using a piece every two minutes, etc. etc. then go for it.
    So two minutes is OMIGOSH too fast, but the 3 minutes on poison potions are a-ok?

they just being silly, its still gonna be cheeper to use the fruits than poison pots lol.

poison pots are dead to me now. dead! they are deader than oils/powders!

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by willriker View Post
    they just being silly, its still gonna be cheeper to use the fruits than poison pots lol.

poison pots are dead to me now. dead! they are deader than oils/powders!
    Venom Potions were always better to me >.> 1k vs 2/3k each on poison potions.

On the same topic, id rather pay 1-2k/stack more for Rainbow Powder (when it's up) versus prism just for the certainty of 3min vis vs randomshit Prism Powder. How I wish there existed a Rainbow equivalent of Sneak Oil....

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    On the same topic, id rather pay 1-2k/stack more for Rainbow Powder (when it's up) versus prism just for the certainty of 3min vis vs randomshit Prism Powder. How I wish there existed a Rainbow equivalent of Sneak Oil....
    Just be a rdm! Compusure = 10+min sneak/refresh!
    I know i'll be trying to get this cape fro my rdm and smn soon.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Watch your back OP, us Alchemists are gonna synthesize a world of pain all over your treacherous ass.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Watch your back OP, us Alchemists are gonna synthesize a world of pain all over your treacherous ass.
    http://blogs.lancasteronline.com/the.../09/rocky6.jpg

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    So two minutes is OMIGOSH too fast, but the 3 minutes on poison potions are a-ok?
    Where did I suggest using poison potions to activate the cape?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You commented on the 2 minute duration of the fruit being weak in contrast to poison potions, in the sense that a stack will only last you 24 min, subtling hinting that poison potions are so much better and reliable.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    You commented on the 2 minute duration of the fruit being weak in contrast to poison potions, in the sense that a stack will only last you 24 min, subtling hinting that poison potions are so much better and reliable.
    Come on, if you're going to troll at least make an effort.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Honestly did not expect my cape comment to stretch this thread 4 pages of arguing~

Gimp like a Pro!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

people are lazy. as i know when i am right before an event i don't go there to the npc and buy the items just to save some gil. so i think the "great-alchemist-breakdown" isn't going to happen soon.

.this is just something some people will know. but most will think that poison potions still are the one they need for certain events or such. (suicide-taru-hotline-party)

The taster's cape is great for SMN, who cares about other jobs?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

what the fuck at the excessive damaged stoneskin and other bullshit complaints. are you guys not idling in
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...chi_Nodowa.jpg
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuki View Post
    what the fuck at the excessive damaged stoneskin and other bullshit complaints. are you guys not idling in
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...chi_Nodowa.jpg
    ?
    That doesn't stop it eating stoneskin. Personally, I love my Tastycape™. Over the 5 minute duration of a stoneskin cast, it loses 100 from poison.. still leaves 250 + gorget/mufflers if you have them. Of course, it becomes even less relevant if you recast more frequently than every 5 minutes :s

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Corresapolonia View Post
    people are lazy. as i know when i am right before an event i don't go there to the npc and buy the items just to save some gil. so i think the "great-alchemist-breakdown" isn't going to happen soon.

.this is just something some people will know. but most will think that poison potions still are the one they need for certain events or such. (suicide-taru-hotline-party)
    So buy five or ten stacks of the stuff and ship it to a mule (or Mog Satchel if you've got one). Keep one stack on your main. Replenish your stock as needed. You've just saved yourself ~180k gil.

About these and Stoneskin: If you're using them as Poison Pot replacements for Sleepga you kind of need to cancel your Stoneskin if you get slept for it to work anyway. If you're using it as a preventing stronger poison thing...recast Stoneskin slightly more often if it really matters. Mages usually shouldn't be in AoE range anyway. When I get killed by AoE it's usually massive overkill and 100 more HP from Stoneskin wouldn't have mattered.

If you're using it for a Taster's Cape: First, fuck you for actually having one. Second, it's no different than Poison Pots were, so quit your bitching.