BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lag of some sort

Lately my pc has been pretty laggy. Not in the sort of "oh ffxi is slow", the game is mostly fine from what I see.

But shit like folders I open and sometimes mozilla or aim will take extra long or just randomly freeze, not even closing by end tasking (and sometimes task manager doesn't even come up). I have no clue what it is, in all cases my CPU usage is super low, page file etc is all barely used. It's a fairly new computer and nothing much is going on but.. shit just freezes up. I ran CC cleaner today and I defraged last week or so and I just have no clue what it could be at all.

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe a virus of some sort but it would be random to just not let me use folders and stuff after a random amount of time and I do have virus scan so idk.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone have any ideas? D: I keep trying to open new folders and its like yeah nope and pc pretty much stops. Cant even open task manager to end task anything and cant get any new programs open. All I can do is work on whatever is already opened and crap.

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

Looks alot like a problem I had before wich was bad videocard drivers, but don't quote me on that.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I do get random freezes and crap. But then why all of a sudden today is windows acting like such a bitch? A video card thing would be kind of weird for not being able to do anything with explorer or even task manager. This is like the 4th time its happened today, I even did a scandisc and no clue what that did but it's still the same. D:

-____-

BG Level

Does your PC sometimes crash on start, right after windows starts to load? Like, 4-5 or 6+ times in a row?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes it does that a lot. Instead of seeing black + mouse pointer it just stays black or restarts or some crap.

-____-

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Yes it does that a lot. Instead of seeing black + mouse pointer it just stays black or restarts or some crap.
    That's sounds exactly like what I had, what's your video card?

Hate being the one telling you this but my fix for that was format, only thing that worked =/

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well this has been happening since I put the pc together last year. >_>;

Well updating vid card made it change from random crash at start to random blue screen at start. I'm still having random folders completely shut down my computer for no fucking reason, though. Also I really don't want to reformat. D:

My card is ATI Radeon 4870.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Kuno,

I've made you the following flow chart for fixing your problem:
    http://i50.tinypic.com/212zqkh.jpg

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Even if the computer's new, I wouldn't rule out a defective HDD. You should be able to download a free HDD testing app from Western Digital or Seagate's website if you don't already have something else. MHDD also works from what I hear.

-____-

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Senoska View Post
    Kuno,

I've made you the following flow chart for fixing your problem:
    http://i50.tinypic.com/212zqkh.jpg
    I'll be stealing that chart, kthx.

EDIT: I hope you read this before you format, now that I think of it my actual solve for this was to buy a new card altogether because I tried just about everything else, including formatting.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SubzeroDiabolos View Post
    I'll be stealing that chart, kthx.

EDIT: I hope you read this before you format, now that I think of it my actual solve for this was to buy a new card altogether because I tried just about everything else, including formatting.
    This seems to be it. I put in a new HD, did a clean install of windows, have old one as slave, etc etc.

My pc still randomly doesn't start up right. Opening folders at random is making my pc unresponsive. I have no clue if this is some super awesome virus, if corrupt sectors are multiplying taking over both HDs, or what.