+ Reply to Thread

Question about this Credit Card bill

I took out a CC last year, ran up a tab on it and i'm currently paying it back in installments. In order to get a lower APR I opted for their program wherein they automatically deduct the payment each month from my checking account around the sum of 150/month. Now I get bills in the mail still stating I owe them 176ish each month. I thought nothing of it till looking over a bill just now and seeing they have an extra 40bucks pinned on there for a late Oct bill....which can't have been late as its all automated and the money is in my account. Looking back I missed seeing this little extra note and it shows I have a late payment for Sept and Aug. I've had this payment plan going on for about 4months now however.

Has anyone ran into this before? I plan to call them up and get this straightened but i've heard talk of CC companies just tossing shit on your bills and making stuff up at times to nickle and dime your ass.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Yea, that's pretty much what they're doing due to the credit bill taking effect. That's why you don't give them your account information, ever.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Yea, that's pretty much what they're doing due to the credit bill taking effect. That's why you don't give them your account information, ever.
    Paranoid much? Some of us have had no problems with automatic billing for 13+ years, on multiple credit cards.

As to the thread starter. Just call them up and explain what happened, they should remove the late fees and adjust the date that they withdraw from your bank account each month. Also double check and make sure they didn't bump your APR up because of the late payments.

In the future, check your bank account statements at least once a month.

Mother fuckers, so the guy I set up the automated service with basically lied to me. He told me that due to my financial situation my payments would be 156 a month. Well he didnt tell me that they would take out 156 a month but if my bill said Min. Payment was say 176 for that month, I would have to send them a check for 20bucks or pay a fucking late fee. Though there's no point now as my min payment is being reduced per month by next month it will be close to the 156 and I wont incur another fee.

So the fuckers basically screwed me out of a good 200$ by making everything murky and shady... wonderful.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Welcome to Capitalism, aint it grand?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Mother fuckers, so the guy I set up the automated service with basically lied to me. He told me that due to my financial situation my payments would be 156 a month. Well he didnt tell me that they would take out 156 a month but if my bill said Min. Payment was say 176 for that month, I would have to send them a check for 20bucks or pay a fucking late fee. Though there's no point now as my min payment is being reduced per month by next month it will be close to the 156 and I wont incur another fee.

So the fuckers basically screwed me out of a good 200$ by making everything murky and shady... wonderful.
    I don't get it... why would there be a set monthly payment on a credit card. Were you sent to collections or something like that?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Logain View Post
    Welcome to Capitalism, aint it grand?
    compared to what?

Quote Originally Posted by 510Meeze View Post
    I don't get it... why would there be a set monthly payment on a credit card. Were you sent to collections or something like that?
    Job fired me w/o notice a few months ago and I live in an area where there are literally zero jobs, and im talking not just my county but nearby bordering ones as well. So as I finish up my degree im shit outta luck. I called up the CC company and told them this and they set up this plan and told me I would have a static payment of 156.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post

This is why I read every piece of information my CC companies send me and don't sign anything unless it's in writing. You should have called them as soon as you got your first bill saying the minimum was 176.

Also, did you just keep using the card after they put you on the payment plan, or did this happen from the get-go?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferien View Post
    This is why I read every piece of information my CC companies send me and don't sign anything unless it's in writing. You should have called them as soon as you got your first bill saying the minimum was 176.

Also, did you just keep using the card after they put you on the payment plan, or did this happen from the get-go?
    I stopped using the card as soon as I started up the payment plan. There have been 0 purchases with the card since Sept (When I started the plan).

Looking at past bills my min due went something like this:

July - 100
    Aug - 112
    Sept - 408
    Nov - 378
    Dec -276

The reason for the hike in Sept was due to me calling up the CC company to check my "available balance". I was told it was 55 dollars left as "available balance". I then spent 40 dollars of that and did not use the card further, come that month I found out that when they tell you "available balance" that doesnt mean that's there for you to take out. They took the 15 dollars I had left, tossed in a random fee that was over 15 dollars and hit me with a huge penalty for going over my limit plus fees for that as well.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    compared to what?

Capitalism is shitty for the overwhelming majority of Americans. Parecon is really the way to go for the working class. Hell I'd settle for more worker coops like the Mondragon model.