Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Present Day CoP Missions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Aihree View Post
    How susceptible to bind/grav are these guys? A friend will be on promy-vahzl soon.
    bio, poison die reraise repeat, doesn't require strategy.

Ah, it's zombie, not kite dot.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Valena View Post
    At some point, you used not to recover full hp/mp between the 3 stages of mission 6-4, and now it's the case I think.

Makes up a lot for the need of Pro ethers and the like before.
    Do you mean you magically got all your hp/mp back, or just that there was a "resting period" between each section?

As you win each phase of 6-4, you get restored to 100% of your current maximum hp and mp. If you're weakened, it sucks to be you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only people I know doing CoP are those doing it a 2nd time, resurrected banhammerees, and the like. You might be able to group up w/ Daichi, he's on Asu and also working on them again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shamaya View Post
    The only people I know doing CoP are those doing it a 2nd time, resurrected banhammerees, and the like. You might be able to group up w/ Daichi, he's on Asu and also working on them again.
    I think Tsuko's on fairy now.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Dooom View Post
    Do you mean you magically got all your hp/mp back, or just that there was a "resting period" between each section?
    there was a resting period, you'd click the door when you're ready to progress.

the full hp/mp thing was a CoP nerf, it's wasn't always there.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    I think Tsuko's on fairy now.
    fffffffffffu

Warrior Tank
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I did airship again recently and it was an absolute joke. Can't believe how easy these missions have become.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by byte View Post
    I did airship again recently and it was an absolute joke. Can't believe how easy these missions have become.
    Airship was quite easy for me both recently and when I first did it. For that mission alone, I'm wondering if the player base in general has simply become better, and/or other updates like sync'd gear and job updates help a lot (when I did it more recently on ninja, yonin made them ridiculously fucking easy to duo tank, and blu beat the shit out of them).

The most important mission that got nerfed was snoll, but again I think the big problem there was people taking in bad set ups (jobs are much more widely available nowadays than they used to be, due to everyone having multiple 75's). That being said, being able to spam salts with no delay is a huge improvement.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've been redoing them for my uncle + a friend and I pretty much just take whatever jobs we have available. Some missions I get set in my old ways and only take certain jobs to (Ouryu I just bring an army of BLM), but for the most party I just grab whoever in my LS is willing to come help and go from there. Promies are an absolute joke. I think we climbed and beat all 3 in just under 3 hours, I had my mule as a healer stand at the entrance so if things got sketchy I'd just walk backwards and exit; the RDM we had was fairly awful and spent all his MP spamming bind during the fight so the monster couldn't get him.

If you were good at CoP before, it's even easier now. It's changed from anyone who was competent could beat it to anyone who can log into the game can beat it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

It was my understanding that the only thing that had really been nerfed was the population of the Promyvions.

Anyone who did them at CoP launch will remember how utterly hopeless it seemed trying to navigate them without getting aggro.

I did CoPs somewhat recently on my 2nd character. The first half was next-to-impossible for every fight. We were like 1/10 or something for diabolos. Then after spending countless nights in Sacrarium trying to kill that dude with the random spawn without clearing fomor hate (our leader said it was a waste of time), our group finally disintegrated.

The 2nd half was a breeze. 1/1 for nearly every fight except the airship battle, the only fight that we didn't win on our test run.

The difference was not that SE nerfed stuff or we found 6 blus to faceroll headbutt. The difference was a competent group of people and a good leader.
    The first group had a fucking retarded leader who refused to listen to anyone, use any items (like polymers or mistmelts), or use his few braincells to come up with plans that made sense. Also, only me and the leader had more than 1 75 job, which made finding viable setups difficult.
    The 2nd group was 5 pther smart, motivated people, each with many 75 jobs (makes a huge difference), and a few that were completing CoP for the 2nd time.

Point is: the people you do it with has a much bigger influence on the difficulty than SE's nerfs.

That said, good fucking luck finding 5 other competent people who are interested in powering through CoP mwahahaha

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    So, I haven't done CoP in years, and I find myself needing to take my new character through them all again. Seeing as how the missions have been heavily adjusted since their initial introduction, and that our strategies for in-game activities have evolved just as much, I was just wondering if anyone could provide any new information that will make things much less painful. Anything from lower-number strategies to different jobs being preferred would be helpful.

Thanks~

EDIT: Also, do people even do CoP anymore?
    Shoulda asked me for a too, i have a spare taru rdm with cop done