+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Female Veterans     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    @Beckwin
    Face it, men know that every woman they've ever had sex with...and some they didn't, all have the potential to make their life hell with nothing more than a phone call and a lie.

They resent the power to ruin their lives so easily, and the fact that some women actively exploit it, is not helping their cause.
    I get what you're saying (how the rationalization is formed) but I'm just saying it ain't right. There's also female parallels- not just Archi's "every man they meet can rape them" but also "every man they meet can socially ostracize/shame them."

Your point about some women (and let's face it, it's a very very small number in comparison to actual rapes/abuse/harassment) is concerning because that almost justifies blaming them, even if that's not your point. It's like talking about abuses and discrimination gays face and then saying "but homos like Perez Hilton aren't helping things."

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

It's part of my job in the Army to investigate these kinds of cases. I'm stating a common trend I have seen first-hand, and quite common unfortunately, while the some of you simply just read the article the op posted and argue with nothing but your righteous sense of justice. No I'm not advocating women to be beneath men, just simply saying the majority of rape/sexual assault cases we deal with either involves alcohol with both parties or are completely fabricated because the said victim is no longer getting the "attention" he/she was once receiving while deployed from certain individuals. There's a reason the Army promotes the buddy system when you go out with your friends, male and female, and that's because people are fucking liars when it comes to saving their character.

My statement was really just in response to Arch's "What is this common...etc"... I explained exactly why that happens, men fear womens' ability to cry rape, whether they exercise it or not...it's a form of social identification.

Also I assume most men view it as an unfair balance of power(one of the few for men, thus the insecurity)... cause if a woman cries rape, even if you're never convicted(and were innocent), you can lose your job, your family, your life... gone in an accusation.

Men don't have that same power just calling women sluts.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    It's part of my job in the Army to investigate these kinds of cases. I'm stating a common trend I have seen first-hand, and quite common unfortunately, while the some of you simply just read the article the op posted and argue with nothing but your righteous sense of justice. No I'm not advocating women to be beneath men, just simply saying the majority of rape/sexual assault cases we deal with either involves alcohol with both parties or are completely fabricated because the said victim is no longer getting the "attention" he/she was once receiving while deployed from certain individuals. There's a reason the Army promotes the buddy system when you go out with your friends, male and female, and that's because people are fucking liars when it comes to saving their character.
    This, this, omg, this. There are women some commands even warn you about, lol. "Don't talk to this one, she's sent 9 guys to NJP in the past 11 months," or warnings along those lines. They go out to parties, get drunk, fuck guys, then claim rape. Insane. That's why I talk to civilian snow bunnies.

Little Mother
    BG Level

So the moral of the story is to not sleep with easy, dumb, drunk bitches?

I thought that was common knowledge.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I like how it's impossible for a girl to be raped if she's drunk.

Protip: It makes it way easier.

I wish I was female so I could lie about being raped and get the huge rape prize that all rape accusers get, since falsely accusing people of rape comes with all these benefits and advantages.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Protip: You make yourself look like an idiot when you talk in absolutes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I like how it's impossible for a girl to be raped if she's drunk.

Protip: It makes it way easier.

I wish I was female so I could lie about being raped and get the huge rape prize that all rape accusers get, since falsely accusing people of rape comes with all these benefits and advantages.
    You should see what some of the rape-accusers of famous athletes get.