BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You would say that, arvinijiad.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Nearly, 1400 years ago. GG

I think the striking note to make is that Zionists are colonizing another people and their land as we speak, in the 21st century.

I'm reading this book right now by Israeli historian, Shlomo Sand called 'The Invention of the Jewish people'.

Interesting stuff. He's not saying 'Jews' don't exist. He's really just deconstructing a lot of the myths of Jewish nationalism. BTW - he also rightly says that Zionism created two people - the 'Palestinian' people and the 'Israeli' people (nationalistic identities).
    He had an interview on a late night show here, it really was very interesting. Especially about how very few of the modern day Jews have any "original Israelite" in their family trees. Makes their spouting of "return to our lands" all the more ridiculous.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
    As far as Iran goes...I just hope that we (U.S., western nations) don't do something stupid like piss off the regular people of Iran more than we have.
    People in Iran are very pro-western, and surprisingly, very pro-Bush. Coincidentally this is something to monitor as when the effects of Bush's foreign policy quickly fade in the coming months, they will look to the United States for support. The administration quickly needs to craft its answer to that as it cannot leech off the Bush foreign policy much longer.

Things would be a lot easier on everyone if Iran does go nuclear if the large educated public in Iran is also against nuclear war.
    Then we can have another fixed election! If the government actually cared about what its population thought, it would not be feverishly building nukes.

This isn't Iraq or any other nation, these people are well educated, young, and its not the quite the shit hole of Afghanistan or Iraq.
    Well, contrary to popular belief among American liberals, Iraq's population is very much like Iran's. They both have young, educated, and pro-Western populations in lands filled with natural resources. Iran, like pre-invasion Iraq, is essentially a bunch of completely sane people ruled by a complete lunatic.

I think Obama's administration will be intelligent with foreign affairs though.
    Really? While I admire your confidence, Democrats are not able to run foreign policy. Half of them don't really care about foreign policy and the other half are sponsored by those same people. It amazingly doesn't even matter who the president is because he cannot risk double-crossing his base no matter how insane their ideas are. The far-left base contains pacifists, traitors, and idiots. In wartime, the distinction between the three is irrelevant.

Just hope Iran or Israel doesn't do something unbelievably stupid like actually use a nuke.
    I'm glad we finally boiled down the liberal strategy to foreign policy: Hope.

How about invading Iran, demolishing their government, and forcing a regime change? As a result, we take out another third of the axis of evil. If North Korea doesn't think we're serious at that point, we can invade them too.

I bet once all that is done, the savages will think twice coming at America again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Nearly, 1400 years ago. GG

I think the striking note to make is that Zionists are colonizing another people and their land as we speak, in the 21st century.

I'm reading this book right now by Israeli historian, Shlomo Sand called 'The Invention of the Jewish people'.

Interesting stuff. He's not saying 'Jews' don't exist. He's really just deconstructing a lot of the myths of Jewish nationalism. BTW - he also rightly says that Zionism created two people - the 'Palestinian' people and the 'Israeli' people (nationalistic identities).
    Palestine (Greek: Παλαιστίνη, Palaistinē; Latin: Palaestina; Hebrew: ארץ־ישראל‎, Eretẓ Yisra'el; formerly ארץ–כנען, Eretẓ Kena'an; also פלשׂתינה, Palestina; Arabic: فلسطين‎ Filasṭīn, Falasṭīn, Filisṭīn) is a conventional name used, among others, to describe a geographic region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River, and various adjoining lands.
    It's interesting how Palestine and Israel mean exact same thing except the words are different.

To be honest, it's always been my belief that while each religious dogma has their own set of rules, essentially they're all preaching the same thing.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    *tears up*

I remember the days when posting a thread like this on BG would result in spams of lol(person's name) and tinfoil hat comments.

SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS.
    lol

Jews didn't cause 9/11. lolguartz

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    People in Iran are very pro-western, and surprisingly, very pro-Bush. Coincidentally this is something to monitor as when the effects of Bush's foreign policy quickly fade in the coming months, they will look to the United States for support. The administration quickly needs to craft its answer to that as it cannot leech off the Bush foreign policy much longer.

Then we can have another fixed election! If the government actually cared about what its population thought, it would not be feverishly building nukes.

Well, contrary to popular belief among American liberals, Iraq's population is very much like Iran's. They both have young, educated, and pro-Western populations in lands filled with natural resources. Iran, like pre-invasion Iraq, is essentially a bunch of completely sane people ruled by a complete lunatic.

Really? While I admire your confidence, Democrats are not able to run foreign policy. Half of them don't really care about foreign policy and the other half are sponsored by those same people. It amazingly doesn't even matter who the president is because he cannot risk double-crossing his base no matter how insane their ideas are. The far-left base contains pacifists, traitors, and idiots. In wartime, the distinction between the three is irrelevant.

How about invading Iran, demolishing their government, and forcing a regime change? As a result, we take out another third of the axis of evil. If North Korea doesn't think we're serious at that point, we can invade them too.

I bet once all that is done, the savages will think twice coming at America again.

almost had me there frankenbeans

Holy shit:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rejectionist

Recjectionist is a word?

And the first definition is -

1. an Arab leader or country that opposes accommodation or compromise in negotiations with Israel.
    Jews control the dictionary!

Also Firas
    BG Level

i lol'ed

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    *tears up*

I remember the days when posting a thread like this on BG would result in spams of lol(person's name) and tinfoil hat comments.

SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS.
    lolguartz..
    Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    i recommend noam chomsky, he's badass when it comes to this issue.
    Chomsky is possibly one of the world's greatest socio/political minds of the past 100 years.. the man's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post

lol, most of this post was pretty funny, but that last bolded part...that is just gold. Very cute.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Twitter hijacked by 'Iranian Cyber Army'

Twitter.com was down Thursday evening, and it appears that the microblogging site may have been hacked or the victim of a DNS hijacking.

The site, which was inaccessible for about an hour starting around 10 p.m. PST, was defaced with the following image before it was taken offline:

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/200...68f6a382ef.jpg
    Better than a nuke.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10418140-93.html

Tagus

Iran started testing long range missiles yesterday. its fucking on now guys.

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/12/16/94333.html
    lolIran

How many did they photoshop this time?

Also Firas
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
    lol, most of this post was pretty funny, but that last bolded part...that is just gold. Very cute.
    Lief is trolling........right?!

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Worse.. He actually believes the shit he spews.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

wooshh :D

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nah he really believes that. Also the people on this board are "traitorous curs."

Banned.

BG Level

I take issue with that claim.

There are two wings of the Democratic party present on BG:
    - the idiot wing
    - the traitor wing

The difference is irrelevant, but not everybody is a traitor. Some people are just stupid.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Leif,
    In my spare time, I like to read novels based on a fictional universe of warhammer 40k. In that fictional setting humanity is in a perpetual war against itself and from forces outside. It's stories are made even more vivid and attractive because of the anti-heroes, the space marines, genetically modified humans bred and grown for war, their brotherhood, patriotism and faith are highlighted and stressed by skilled authors. These books never fail to enthrall me, because here their are, few exceptional men who stand to protect humanity from unspeakable horrors and unmeasurable odds. It's attractive to human psyche. But it's fantasy.

It's fantasy, Leif.

Do you understand?

Shush now. As isla would say, you can't pay for this kind of entertainment. Why even fight it? Just sit back and enjoy it with the rest of us.