+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

How about Batman's ability to fly around like Superman when in combat?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

he's the god damn bat god

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...by-rocksteady/

Batman Arkham City multiplayer debunked by Rocksteady

Batman: Arkham City will not have a multiplayer or co-op mode, Rocksteady studio director Sefton Hill has confirmed.

The developer said that the entirety of the team's focus has gone on the sequel's single-player, which is set to benefit because of it.

"There have been a number of rumours circulating about a multiplayer mode in Batman: Arkham City so let me start by saying, once and for all, that Batman: Arkham City is a 'single-player only' experience," he told IGN.

"Our thought process behind this was fairly simple: when we investigated adding multiplayer we asked, 'If we use all of the energy that is required to create multiplayer and instead focus this on the single player, would that deliver a better overall game?'

"With the game now coming to the final stages, I can honestly say it would not have been possible to deliver Arkham City the way we wanted to if we'd have added multiplayer.

"So it might not be the fashionable choice, it might not get us an extra tick on the box, but we are convinced, and we hope that gamers will agree when they get to play the finished game, that we have made the right decision."

If you're not hyped for Rocksteady's second Batman game, watch the latest Batman: Arkham City trailer to change all that.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fine by me. Game doesn't need it, and they can spend the extra time polishing the game.

A lot of people seem to be overreacting how good this is lol. "Thank god this doesn't have a feature!!" I suppose they hated Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or Dead Space 2 or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Dead Space 2's MP is pretty garbage. Id prefer a game to have no MP over wasting resources / time on bad MP

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Dead Space 2's MP is pretty garbage. Id prefer a game to have no MP over wasting resources / time on bad MP
    The Dead Space 2 MP is pretty crap, but it didn't effect the SP at all, and the development time wasn't extended more than a couple months.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yea... was gonna say. Implying that the DS2 multiplayer is anything other than boring after a couple sessions. AC:B is pretty good, but even that after a while gets pretty dull. If a developer gave me a choice on a multiplayer portion of a game, or 3-5 extra hours in a great single player game or extra polish, whatever, I'd take the SP content every time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    If a developer gave me a choice on a multiplayer portion of a game, or 3-5 extra hours in a great single player game or extra polish, whatever, I'd take the SP content every time.
    I agree with this, but you would be amazed by the amount of idiots that think a game sucks unless it has multiplayer. I have two real life friends, who all they play is multiplayer games and never touch the SP of those games. Friend said this to me and I had to facepalm, "I dont play video games for story, all I want to do is shoot stuff and play multiplayer". I know I probably need new friends.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    The Dead Space 2 MP is pretty crap, but it didn't effect the SP at all, and the development time wasn't extended more than a couple months.
    DS2 SP is great. I don't think the MP affected the single player quality at all, but the game would of lost nothing by not including it. And like Kyo said, its stupid how some ppl idolize MP games and neglect any game w/o it. But its the state of games and its why games like DS2 have MP.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/11/re...pe-october-21/

Batman: Arkham City opens up for tourism October 18
    Update: Warner Bros. just officially announced the North American release date: October 18. The publisher also confirmed the previously reported release date of October 21 for "Europe and other global territories." The game arrives October 19 in Australia.

Eurogamer is reporting that Warner Bros. has announced an October 21 release date for Batman: Arkham City. Given the site of origin (Eurogamer), and without any official news releases from Warner Bros. that we can see, we can only conclude that said release date applies to Europe.

We're following up with WB now to try to get more information about when we can expect Batman to come out where. Though if it were that easy to get that information, the Riddler's plans wouldn't have needed to be so convoluted.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Only 7 months

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Only 7 months
    Yeah really. I was honestly expecting a June release. Hopefully though this will give them a ton of time to finish up everything and give it some extra polish.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Scrubbed

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Fuck Ya! Loved the Riddler stuff in Asylum

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ridler is my favorite villain, cannot man, zomg.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Been so busy with xiv took this time away to finally beat the game. JUST watched the ending and this trailer couldn't have come at a better time. So hyped. As soon as the "party" started and everybody was clapping and cheering for me I got the biggest grin on my face. Can't wait.

Only downside to the game isn't even a downside. I just always kept my inspection sight on rather then walking around in normal view. Couldn't take in the great scenery as much.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Ridler is my favorite villain, cannot man, zomg.
    Ditto.. I absolutely loved the way they did all the riddle challenges in Asylum too, was easily the best part of the game (at least to me heh). I can't wait to see how expansive they're going to make this game.

P.S. Love Harley Quinn's new outfit :D.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Been so busy with xiv
    How is that even possible!