+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Ollieyk

Batman: Arkham City (Asylum 2)

Just spotted this on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W73_hcyc6Dg

Loved the first one! Looking forward to this. It's the first i'd heard of it and slightly surprised it's been announced so soon.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yea me too, we just got the first one like 3 months ago? Shit was crazy good. Loved it best comic book hero game ever *imo*. Wonder what the joker is sick with?

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My guess would be the after effects of what happened at the end of the first game.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Probably. I remember seeing a episode of Batman forever and showed Bane, holy crap he looked effed up after using Venom. If "Titan" is supposed to be more potent than that, I'm supprised the joker is just in a chair with a I.V. >.> can't wait though <3 loved the first game

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...971103_bac.jpg
    The sequel, in development by Rocksteady Studios, has players taking Batman into Arkham City, the new maximum security home for all of Gotham City's criminals. This new prison is described as a heavily fortified walled-prison in the heart of Gotham City.

The game will include story that "draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight," according to the press release.

Really, a walled city prison? Did arkham suddenly start housing all of Warsaw's Jews?

I really hope someone in-game points out how inept Arkham's guards and Gotham's police are, housing criminals who have tried to destroy the whole city... in the very center of the city doesn't seem like a bad idea at all

edit: but yeah I can't wait to play this lol

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Detective mode was too op. I hope it gets fixed in this one.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Yeah, there wasn't really any reason last game to not stay in Detective mode the whole time besides every now and then to enjoy the graphics.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    Really, a walled city prison? Did arkham suddenly start housing all of Warsaw's Jews?

I really hope someone in-game points out how inept Arkham's guards and Gotham's police are, housing criminals who have tried to destroy the whole city... in the very center of the city doesn't seem like a bad idea at all

edit: but yeah I can't wait to play this lol
    Yeah, only in comic books do you devote an entire walled city prison "in the heart of a main metropolis".

I'm sure property values are at an all-time high now.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm trying to stay out of detective mode as much as possible on my second playthrough, which is kinda funny, because I keep catching myself thinking "so that's how this place looks..."

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Detective mode was too op. I hope it gets fixed in this one.
    Everything about the game had something that was OP. It was basically a game for babies and retards. They have a lot of work ahead of them if they want to make a good combat system. I hope they bring in ra's al ghul's ninjas or something, because one game fighting the same enemies is far too much(considering how ugly they were).

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really wouldn't know how you could make the combat more interesting while keeping it in line with Batman. I mostly just went through the first game stealthily, but the second you were in a forced encounter you were hopping around like an idiot dodging all their attacks. Perhaps more personal melee encounters would work that rely on skill rather than chaining a combo, make it less button-mashy or something.

It didn't stop the game from being excellent for me, but it was one of the weakest links. Granted, one other 'weak' spot that I hope they remedy in Arkham City are the compressed cutscenes. I mean, sheesh, if you're going to use pre-rendered videos of ingame assets and you're releasing the game on the PS3, bloody make use of the 19gb of extra disc space you have over the 360's DVD limitation and make those FMVs look indistinguishable from the engine itself.

On a side note, tingling batty-senses on medium and lower difficulties during combat was stupid, glad I played it on hard.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Was hoping for some kind of co-op. Hope it's not "made" for co-op like RE5 was. Was still enjoyable as single player, but was more sold towards MP. Not that that's a bad thing, but the AI often got in the way.

Also love the design choices on Catwoman and TwoFace. Can't wait to get the next issue of Gi

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Fuck, I can't wait for this. I'm seconding the hoping it's not made for co-op sentiment. It'd also be nice if you weren't able to rely on detective mode the whole game (not saying I didn't use it -- I don't think there was a time that it wasn't being used to be honest).

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Oh my.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wait is that Harle Quinn?!

BG Staff