Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Why not just let 5 pop before you kill, let 5 more pop, kill those, etc. It might not answer your questions, but it'd kill all the PH's if anything.

In related news, has there ever been a patter discovered as to who gets aggro on the mobs? If you spread out in the room, the mobs seem to go to people randomly. Might be something.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Clearly you also need TH on the rampart to make it pop more nms, clearly.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Clearly you also need TH on the rampart to make it pop more nms, clearly.
    Funny thing during our last bhaf run, I went up to the rampart, did /steal on it and said "NM should pop next", and NM really did pop lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Merge this with the AV thread. Useless theories are useless.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by yunie View Post
    All 5 mobs can pop with NM out.
    If this is the case, couldnt you just keep all 5 mobs slept? >.> Sorry if I missed this.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Merge this with the AV thread. Useless theories are useless.
    This.

Ramparts are random and sometimes you'll have dry spells, it happens, deal with it.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    If this is the case, couldnt you just keep all 5 mobs slept? >.> Sorry if I missed this.
    Supposedly, yes. Read the first page of this topic. Or at least just skim my posts there if you're that lazy.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

True, FFXI is the only game where you can spend weeks and see no progress.
    FALSE. ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY FALSE. Not saying you can progress in FFXI, I am saying pretty much all MMO's have a fuck-you-over-for-the-gear-you-want feature.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    FALSE. ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY FALSE. Not saying you can progress in FFXI, I am saying pretty much all MMO's have a fuck-you-over-for-the-gear-you-want feature.
    Unfortunately FFXI is the only game where you'll have to depend others to help you get the best items in the game.

At least in most MMOs you're not too dependent on making online friends or joining an established endgame groups to get good gear. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Looking forward to FF14

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Honestly i don't see how its a bad thing to need help from other people to play a MMO, this isn't a genre of games for the antisocial >.>;

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by konoko View Post
    Honestly i don't see how its a bad thing to need help from other people to play a MMO, this isn't a genre of games for the antisocial >.>;
    True, but it's also not good for casual players.

When I was a student I had a lot of time to play, but now that I work full time I find myself resorting to low man events and can no longer camp anything or do big group events.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Unfortunately FFXI is the only game where you'll have to depend others to help you get the best items in the game.

At least in most MMOs you're not too dependent on making online friends or joining an established endgame groups to get good gear. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Looking forward to FF14
    Aion seemed pretty group orientated, although I didnt get to the endgame scene so I can't really say for sure. tbh, this is why I stuck with ffxi for so long, the people in the game.

Also, you can always create your own group rather than join an established one

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For those of you saying that keeping the 5 mobs slept should work, you need to watch better during the runs. The ramparts will not ready reinforcements if there are 5 monster's out. However, an NM does not count towards this amount. The ramparts were probably programmed to tally up the amount of NQ monsters out, and thus NM's don't count towards this 5.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    For those of you saying that keeping the 5 mobs slept should work, you need to watch better during the runs. The ramparts will not ready reinforcements if there are 5 monster's out. However, an NM does not count towards this amount. The ramparts were probably programmed to tally up the amount of NQ monsters out, and thus NM's don't count towards this 5.
    There is only 5 place holder and 6 possibilities. It's the same mechanics everywhere in the game.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    There is only 5 place holder and 6 possibilities. It's the same mechanics everywhere in the game.
    Technically not. They're saying the following can happen: (Chigoe1, Chigoe2, Chigoe3, Gate Widow (not killed), Chigoe4, Chigoe5), but the following will never happen: (Chigoe1, Chigoe2, Chigoe3, Chigoe4, Chigoe5).

Everywhere else in the game doesnt allow a NM to spawn over its placeholder, they will never be up simultaneously. No matter how long you leave a NM up for, you'll never see Lumbering Lambert and Bloodtear up at the same time (if I mixed up the ram names by area, you know what I meant).

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The more you got RDMs blocking attacks with their shields, the higher chance foo NM pop. I mean srsly i know u guys are bored at work and ur spinning theories in ur lil heads, but give up already on this one.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This entire thread is based on a single instance that this was true and then a rumor that it popped an NM while 5 was still up, but I've yet to see any proof of that either. We've rotated keeping 5 out and killing them all, tons of times to no effect. If the 5 mobs + nm out isn't true, you're just hurting yourself, potentially preventing extra mobs from popping.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Didn't people a while back keep all 5 mobs slept, and then the NM popped anyway? Been a really long time, and I slightly remember this from one of the old threads, so not sure if I'm remembering it right.
    reading 3 pages is really hard guys

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    Aion seemed pretty group orientated, although I didnt get to the endgame scene so I can't really say for sure. tbh, this is why I stuck with ffxi for so long, the people in the game.

Also, you can always create your own group rather than join an established one
    I did end up creating my own group. I had to or else I probably would have quit 4 years ago.

@the person who wanted the .dat swaps:

Manafont.org .dat swaps, hosted on my website.

I take Z E R O credit for this package, I am only hosting it since I could not find it on manafont.org. If the original owner would like it taken down, please, PM me, and I will remove it.