1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 0 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Boo, they didn't have a place to enter that you participated in the ffxi beta Just "participated in a mmo beta before". Oh well app's in, apparently they will do the ps3 one at a later time too, so all is not lost if you miss the PC one.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pixie Hawk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Typically doesnt matter if you're all on the same network, if you're talking about IP differences. http://www.whatismyip.com shows identical IPs for both my and my girlfriends computer. Also one of the people hoping duplicate entries doesn't screw us
    The hubby and I hit the final submit button at almost the same second.... hopefully they realize no one could get through their site in that short of an amount of time and there must actually be 2 of us. lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Typically doesnt matter if you're all on the same network, if you're talking about IP differences. http://www.whatismyip.com shows identical IPs for both my and my girlfriends computer. Also one of the people hoping duplicate entries doesn't screw us
    thank god for stealing internets from the 50 people around me? lol just screwing around now.

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Koga View Post
    Just signed up.

Here's to false hope!
    Oh man, I only got the email about it an hour ago, and it's been up for 6 already.

signed up, oh yeah.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

i lied on my pc specs, fuck not lying I want motherfucking in on this.

also there was no box for me to enter the site on the fan site question, dumb how it forces you to say you run a fan site, not all of use are crazy fans.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sirenia Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Sent mine off! *crosses fingers*

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post

also there was no box for me to enter the site on the fan site question, dumb how it forces you to say you run a fan site, not all of use are crazy fans.
    wont matter what your specs are so long as its not a 1995 one lol

low end PCs have just as much a shot because they need to test what *most* people use ^^ so eh whatever LOL its all luck of the draw. GL still

aduidarnenye

Waited a couple of hours and it went through really fast.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    I lied on my specs too. I don't have a graphics card but I don't wish to select "onboard" so I picked the most likely card I'll purchase if I get in the beta.

I could cheat the system and easily apply twice since I'm currently at uni and going home on Saturday (different PC) but it seems quite unfair to do so. That said, I probably share my current IP with about 300 other students...

aduidarnenye

I didn't get into the Star Trek Online beta cause they scanned our system. I totally lied on this one.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

None of yall have any idea of what theyre looking for. It could be a complete random picking and the questions we filled out are just for stats, or they will actually pick by specs, but that doesn mean they wont pick inferior ones either.

A P4, 512ram, 40gb harddrive, Windows 2000 (was that an option, dont recall), with onboard sound and video, has the same chance as the higest end pc possible.

Sure they want to see how the game will run on a decked out PC 5% of the userbase will be using, but they also want to know how well old PCs run too where theres a high userbase in that range and in mid range.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

one thing that i keep worrying about is that silly last question. i guess its cuz i technically lied (but srsly stupid question), and the deal with them not wanting anybody to reveal anything about beta tests (like we all aren't going to bug our friends if we get in).

idk, fingers crossed.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    None of yall have any idea of what theyre looking for. It could be a complete random picking and the questions we filled out are just for stats, or they will actually pick by specs, but that doesn mean they wont pick inferior ones either.

A P4, 512ram, 40gb harddrive, Windows 2000 (was that an option, dont recall), with onboard sound and video, has the same chance as the higest end pc possible.

Sure they want to see how the game will run on a decked out PC 5% of the userbase will be using, but they also want to know how well old PCs run too where theres a high userbase in that range and in mid range.
    Odds are they wont let someoen play with 512 ram(well not many) as the game is going to be I bet 2 gig+ ram min lol

aion asks for 1 gig min and shit it dont run even on low end settings on my crap PC. cant see FF14 asking for anything less.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

While an app may ask for certain specs, doesnt mean it's necessary to run it.
    Sure it may not perform very well, but yeah, just sayin, it's up in the air.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Does anybody know when the applications end? I hope this goes on for a month or so...

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Applied

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think we can sum up what everyone knows by stating that nobody knows anything other than that we can apply.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    I think we can sum up what everyone knows by stating that nobody knows anything other than that we can apply.
    I know I'm getting a nice car after selling sum beta accounts.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I applied, probably won't get in. I felt the question which asked you if you were excited on a scale of 1-100 was pretty odd. I gave it an 85, but I dunno why I am even that excited because its not like their customer support is going to be better HEH.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast