Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    a while back i recall my friend not having her apollo's Staff in Inventory, tried to explain to her it was a known glitch and she spent 20 minutes freaking out only to log out and log back on to find it in her inventory like i told her it would be >:\
    When this glitch happened to me. I didn't know about it. My ares's cuirass, valhalla breastplate, homam body, and quite a few other rare/ex items were missing.. I flipped out. Especially since i had just gotten the cuirass that day. Was very scary. Things like this are when you don't know about them.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous24 View Post
    When this glitch happened to me. I didn't know about it. My ares's cuirass, valhalla breastplate, homam body, and quite a few other rare/ex items were missing.. I flipped out. Especially since i had just gotten the cuirass that day. Was very scary. Things like this are when you don't know about them.
    Yeah, I had a similar issue. I had a GM tell me once that the mog satchel is not a "protected" form of storage, things such as account hackings and zone glitches could "theoretically" cause items in it to disappear, and cannot be restored, much like delivery box / send box.

Now, whether or not this is true, a couple of weeks later after being D2'd to Whitegate, I was freaking out. I could not find like 3 pieces of R/EX gear. I searched every type of storage, absolutely nothing. I figured someone must have logged on my account (this was pre-token) and dropped my stuff.

Zoned into my mog house..viola, everything was there.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm going to vouch for the OP and Thorny. I have experienced this glitch myself, which is why I made sure to emphasize the fact that I am not offending the OP in my previous statement. More specifically, during an Omega run my BLU spells disappeared from the list (Macros worked though) and several items disappeared (And a false number of items in my inventory correspondingly). After the Omega fight, I called a GM to report missing items and when he attempted to restore them, he said I already had Brutal Earring in my inventory. It was not until I warped back to whitegate that the game properly loaded my items.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Imagine entering a very important BC only to realize you're missing your weapon lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by yunie View Post
    Imagine entering a very important BC only to realize you're missing your weapon lol
    Because even SE realizes Spharai are a joke, therefore they took it back from you, thus doing you a favor.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by yunie View Post
    I had worse. Was gonna duo smn burn a bcnm fight once. I zoned in and the mob didn't load on my screen, and somehow I exploded right at the start (even though I hadn't moved, and the mob wasn't moving on my friend's screen).

Tried to see from a gm if I could get my orb back but no go, even though I was laying dead in the bcnm (friend was alive so didn't kick us out), and never did the nm register on my screen the entire time I was talking to him. ;_;

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Despain View Post
    Because even SE realizes Spharai are a joke, therefore they took it back from you, thus doing you a favor.
    I think a "joke" is kind of a strong word for the best mnk weapon when the 10 acc on shenlongs isn't needed.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I think a "joke" is kind of a strong word for the best mnk weapon when the 10 acc on shenlongs isn't needed.
    Unless you're elvaan.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Something kind of similar can happen in salvage. I popped a cell once (weapon) and despite what my log and everyone else's said, I still had the pathos on. I relogged and it fixed itself.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    Something kind of similar can happen in salvage. I popped a cell once (weapon) and despite what my log and everyone else's said, I still had the pathos on. I relogged and it fixed itself.
    Using another cell can also sometimes fix this.

If acc isn't needed(negating shenlongs) and you aren't fulltiming hate, Faiths can outdamage Spharai. For a >100m investment, sure seems like a joke to me..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Isn't the counter super handy for tanking or something?

hurp it says there aren't fulltiming hate

l2read me

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

For what it's worth, I remember a Dynamis run where someone with LightLuggage had priority for BRD relic. He had to AFK for a while, and during that time two BRD dropped. The first one dropped, was lotted by LL, went to him, no problem. After that, the second one showed up, and LL lotted again. I think he had the highest lot, but the relic definitely didn't go to him.

I suspect the determination of whether you are able to lot (have one already, have full inventory, etc.) is done client-side, and if your client says you can lot, the server generates the result. In this particular case, LL must have circumvented the client's check and told the server that it was okay to generate the lot. When it comes time to distribute, though, the server will do the check itself to make sure that it can actually go to you (in case there has been a change in circumstance since the lot was generated.)

So if your client was mistakenly under the impression that you had space, it would let you lot, but at distro the server would see that nope, you have a full inventory, so the chip would fall to the ground.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr View Post
    ...circumvented the client's check and told the server that it was okay to generate the lot. When it comes time to distribute, though, the server will do the check itself to make sure that it can actually go to you (in case there has been a change in circumstance since the lot was generated.)

So if your client was mistakenly under the impression that you had space, it would let you lot, but at distro the server would see that nope, you have a full inventory, so the chip would fall to the ground.
    Yes that is our understanding of how the lotting system works in the client to server relationship.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    This happened to our THF 2 days ago. He popped a leg cell once, and he still couldn't access his gear (the Xs), so he was able to pop ANOTHER leg cell, and it STILL wouldn't let him access his gear. After that he was not able to use any more leg cells, so he relogged and the problem fixed itself.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kid Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The same thing happened to me like three years ago back in sky. My inventory said it was like 67/70 (or whatever it was) and the only item I lotted was Byakko's Axe. I won the lot and it ended up going to someone else because my inventory was full even though it showed otherwise. I have no idea what happened at all, but I zoned and it updated.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Uryuu it was a joke overall. This is gonna sound like me QQing over the fact that I'll never get a relic, but Spharai would be the last thing I'd ever consider upgrading. Like Thorny already stated, Spharai ->

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kidzukai View Post
    The same thing happened to me like three years ago back in sky. My inventory said it was like 67/70 (or whatever it was) and the only item I lotted was Byakko's Axe. I won the lot and it ended up going to someone else because my inventory was full even though it showed otherwise. I have no idea what happened at all, but I zoned and it updated.
    Good thing it wasn't a haidate