Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Nothing to see here, just another silly GM

First let me say this is about a limbus chip, it is NOT a big deal there is no real drama here.
    Just a GM saying something a little bit dumb. (which is also not news)

Also for you people that just want the fast lol, skip down to the word "HERE"

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii38/AnonGG33/1.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii38/AnonGG33/2.jpg

HERE

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...onGG33/3-1.jpg

Just to refresh everyone's memory this is what it looks like when you lot with a full inv.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii38/AnonGG33/4.jpg

I realize that you can lot items then have your inv fill and then lose items, we have all been there. But that's not what the GM said.

They said:
    "always"

Ok maybe I'm nit picking verbiage, but I thought it was at least good for a lol.

Merry X-Mas everyone!

((Anyone wanting the summary) Client side glitch, inv said 66/80 when server side it was 80/80. Item in pool lost. GM called. GM does nothing. GM doesn't know how lotting works.)

(To Mods: Do we have a GM silliness thread? I searched for one but I didn't find it... qq if I'm wrong and there is one, please move this thread (after all there is nothing advanced about it. Thank you)

edit:fixed some spelling >.<

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

a dumb GM, /shocked.

You should have pointed out the fact theres a System message devoted specifically to not being allowed to lot an item with your inventory full.

I think what the GM meant was that all it really takes is that you need "one item space" and the game will allow you to cast lots on all items in the treasure pool.

For example you can be 79/80 and would still be able to cast lots on every item in the pool then when the loot is being distributed, if everyone passed, you would end up losing every item except one.

At least that's how I interpreted/assumed what the GM was trying to say, if not then yea I guess he's a little slow up there.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Standard needs a "Look what this GM did" sticky for this stuff. No offense OP; it's just that these types of threads tend to appear when someone (whether rightfully or not) is upset with a GM's actions.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Standard needs a "Look what this GM did" sticky for this stuff. No offense OP; it's just that these types of threads tend to appear when someone (whether rightfully or not) is upset with a GM's actions.
    No Offense taken, any direction of what to do when these little lols pop up is appreciated. ^^

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only lol here is your retardation at wasting the GM's time over normal behavior.

There was no glitch. You had room for the chip to fall when you lotted it. However, your inventory was filled by the ABC's when the chip went to fall, so it hit the ground instead.

Happens everyday. Cry moar.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by WyldFyre View Post
    The only lol here is your retardation at wasting the GM's time over normal behavior.

There was no glitch. You had room for the chip to fall when you lotted it. However, your inventory was filled by the ABC's when the chip went to fall, so it hit the ground instead.

Happens everyday. Cry moar.
    did you read the part where his inventory glitched? Not going to lie this glitch isn't even that uncommon. I know it's happened to me a few times in the past, and to others too. Sometimes the game doesn't load all your inventory.

OP wasn't reporting the lost chip, he was reporting the glitch. There is no "cry moar" involved.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

His inventory didn't glitch. It filled up with half a dozen ABC's, which auto-sorted after the chip hit the ground & he caught more ABC's after.

Anybody that's done an astral flow burn has seen this happen repeatedly. Nothing to see here, indeed.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by WyldFyre View Post
    His inventory didn't glitch. It filled up with half a dozen ABC's, which auto-sorted after the chip hit the ground & he caught more ABC's after.

Anybody that's done an astral flow burn has seen this happen repeatedly. Nothing to see here, indeed.
    he wasn't the ones receiving the ABC if you look Cuthen was the one that got/lotted them. OP only lotted the chip.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Terribly sorry, serves me right for reading on vicodin. Feel free to delete (or leave) my posts. Have a good night

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Don't really think this is a glitch. It's just how the game works. When you zone out of limbus, your treasure pool loads before your inventory does. So your inventory has to play catch up before it displays correctly. When you get kicked out of limbus, it's the same as putting something in the treasure pool in Whitegate and then zoning into your mh and lotting immediately. The pool pops up first, inventory does not catch up and it allows you to lot at first and not recieve the error message. This is kind of what it looks like:

Step 1:

He comes into whitegate with full inventory. He turns in the appraisal item and becomes 79/80 and immediately refills his inventory.

Step 2:

He zones into his MH in Whitegate without zoning similarly to how you get kicked out from limbus. He entered 80/80 and lotted and did not recieve the error message.

Step 3:

I pass the item, and it still goes to him but is lost.

I think that's what happened, or you had a chip on you somewhere. I don't know. But I would imagine it would be similar to this.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Could be wrong, but I really don't think being kicked out of Limbus constitutes "zoning" in the same way that entering your MH does. You're still in the same area, there's no black screen, and I'm fairly sure that if you open your inventory/equipment menu you don't get the item-loading delay. Besides, there's no indication that he zoned in or out of anywhere in the first place. This is really quite strange, don't think I've ever seen it legitimately happen before - 99% of the time when people lose an item in that fashion and go "wtf I had space" they're just safeface'ing after doing something stupid. I'd guess it was just a server-side inventory glitch.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

wtf is a "merith party"?......

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Since the OP only got a single drop AND the system let him lot on it, regardless of if its his fault for zoning and lotting too quickly or just the server never loading his gear, he can complain. OP just wants to poke fun at the silly GM who wasn't thinking clearly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There is another possibility.

Guy lotted then got something out of his satchel and is trying to with his ls by posting on bg.

GM's an idiot either way though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Murdock Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Uther

http://static.ffxiah.com/images/ss/m...8S998XKZVu.png

I've talked to this GM before. I asked him to wish me luck on claiming faf, and next window I did. he didn't seem that dumb at the time, but after reading this, I'm glad I was calling for something other than a glitch or I might of ended up in your situation.

sucks about your chip, but hey could of been worse.

Uryuu, retarded, nothing new. Your inventory doesn't reload when you exit limbus, though the rest of that is correct. Items not loading is relatively common as far as glitches go, what I don't understand is how the guy failed to notice 14 items missing throughout an entire limbus run.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Don't really think this is a glitch. It's just how the game works. When you zone out of limbus, your treasure pool loads before your inventory does. So your inventory has to play catch up before it displays correctly. When you get kicked out of limbus, it's the same as putting something in the treasure pool in Whitegate and then zoning into your mh and lotting immediately. The pool pops up first, inventory does not catch up and it allows you to lot at first and not recieve the error message. This is kind of what it looks like:
    Your right Uryuu I've seen that exact scenario happen before. (not sure if I've seen it in limbus, but elsewhere I have) This particular time I was in the first group of Limbus people. The smoky chip was from the second group. I had been standing around for 20mins.

Also just for people interested in the details. I stood in zone for 60mins waiting for the GM, the whole time my inv reported 66/80, I then zoned out to Al'Taieu. When my inv loaded after zoneing everything was fixed and I was 80/80.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousX View Post
    There is another possibility.

Guy lotted then got something out of his satchel and is trying to with his ls by posting on bg.

GM's an idiot either way though.
    You are correct Mysterious, I have no way to prove that I'm not pulling some kind of shenanigans. But for the detail people: After loosing the chip and discovering the 66/80 was in error I went to my satchel and tried to put an item in my inv, the server would not let me. I could however put things in satchel and take them back out.

Anyway, it's not a big deal. Misc. crap, even from glitches, happens to us all. Nothing to worry about. Just got a kick out of what the GM said. Thanks everyone for having a bit of fun with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    what I don't understand is how the guy failed to notice 14 items missing throughout an entire limbus run.
    Also true, I should of noticed something was strange long before I lotted the chip. Responsibility for the loss of the item is mine and mine alone. I did make a stupid mistake. It is my fault, but I'm not here to qq over my mistake. I was just amused by the GM not stating clearly how the game works.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Retarded how? For trying to see if this is the issue since I've personally seen this happen before? Someone in SA lotted an emerald chip as they zoned out of limbus and their inventory hadn't loaded up yet(When they had it in their possession elsewhere), they ended up losing it. If Anon was sitting there for 20 minutes then I have no idea, but I assumed he had just dropped out of the zone because that's usually what happens on limbus runs.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Why can't Thorny and Uryuu just get along? My mans are seperated, 3 is better than 2, just ask Britney..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast