BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lowman Glacier Boss Help     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Lowman Glacier Boss Help

So I need to organize a Glacier clear for a member in the near future(tonight-ish), but we're likely to be pretty shorthanded(12~ tops). No gimps among the group, but no relics or anything. The last couple of tries have been rough, we've gotten close but once it started doing Chainspell Death we haven't really been able to put it down due to it targetting our DDs first and wiping them out before they can get their 2hours off really.

The actual run through/pull to the boss isn't an issue, we do fine there but I'm just looking for some advice on actually putting it down, we typically have something along the lines of:

PLD(me, I could do WAR tank instead if it'd be better)
    WHM x2
    RDM
    COR x2
    BRD x1
    BLM x1
    SCH x1
    SAM x2
    THF x1
    DRK x1

We let the THF get as far away as possible before starting to buy time on the dragons, but we can't really seem to finish the last 10% before either having them get back or Death decimating our damage, any advice would be appreciated.

You need a more offensive setup, period. You have 2 melee worth a shit and not an obscene amount of buffs for them. Try:

RDM SCH BRD COR DD DD
    RDM WHM BRD COR DD THF

BRDs can night/troub and swap before you engage so all melee have march x2 minx2 chaos fighters.. if one SCH can't crowd control glacier, replace the WHM in second party with a BLM.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Typically we have the RDMs on the crowd control(they're both good at it, it's never an issue really) and the SCH on the statues. The only reason I like having two 'real'(non-RDM) nukers is the timed nuke on the TE by the Orc pond that you snipe from up top after Quadavs.

Banned.

BG Level

PLD(me, I could do WAR tank instead if it'd be better)
    Not sure how much it'd help tbh, but it would definitely be at least a little bit of an improvement. Just make sure mages are ready to stun+sleep mnks as soon as they HF, or preferably have blms nuke them once to force hf while you fight other things, since you obviously can't tank hf without a pld.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Yeah, for non-Xarc zones typically we have the RDMs nuke MNKs to force HF then sleep them and take once it wears.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Not sure how much it'd help tbh, but it would definitely be at least a little bit of an improvement. Just make sure mages are ready to stun+sleep mnks as soon as they HF, or preferably have blms nuke them once to force hf while you fight other things, since you obviously can't tank hf without a pld.
    BLM's force and sleep, or have a sexy DRK named Zhi to dread spike tank it like a baws

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

have done 2 runs with win and only had about 15 people in the zone, 3 dual boxed.

Set up was probably something like rng puller, 2~3 war/nins, 2 brds, 1 cors, 3 blms, 1 whm, 2 rdms and drg and smn. rngs flees dragons through zone while a war/nin pulls eye back down the ramp, everyone gathers at bottom and waits for the call to engage.

Can go good or can go bad, our first run almost wiped to CS death, but manage to down it anyway. Everyone should be going all out to force it down, be smart about it though. Only have a few people 2hour between warps. Smn keeps summon on boss. Second run went alot better.

Always have a war/nin or drk/nin caller, pld doesn't bring enough versatility to make it worth while. Blms force mnk 2hour after statues so HF is over before melee engage, just need to ws asap so they dont chase the mages. Some of our DD are very nicely equipped, but for the most part they're the only ones with mage jobs leveld so stuck on those. Most peoples gear is on par or above par for the job their playing(Minus our drks zerg gear, only 1 is finished, all the others need homams and better weapons QQ)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Did it with thirteen just this past sunday. PLD RDM WHM in tank party, SAM THF BLU DRK WHM RDM in DD party (the DRK didn't have their zerg setup on them either), BLM BLM BLM COR in BLM party. the RDM in the DD party kited the dragons away and we killed the boss, though it was close (however, we don't have the best geared players in the world). its not hard, shouldn't have too much of a problem. Just make sure the BLMs do a timed AM2 as the first damage on the mob, it'll help.

for getting THROUGH the zone, just have the BLMs be the main crowd control. We never sleep MNKs through 2hour, just save TP till they start HF and have the BLMs (and any DRKs) toss stuns through the 2hour. As long as you keep up a good pace you shouldn't have an issue with getting to the boss.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Having a smn or /smn have Carby on it can help you find it quicker. Yeah old news I know but I'm trying to get 10 posts so I can post pic of my ginhaku togi and it's etching slots. Please forgive me.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

So we sort of tried a more DD-oriented setup last night, the person who needed the clear didn't make it so it was kind of a fuck-off farming run. I was playing around with some new stuff setup-wise, but it didn't go very well so I kind of have some general questions about being a melee in Dynamis and I didn't want to make a new thread for it.

I'm guessing when people say WAR caller they mean WAR/NIN? I went /SAM and got my face absolutely fucked, the healers were doing a decent job but I was getting popped with crap like 1k Goblin Rush every time 3E went down.

My damage also seemed pretty awful, it was the first time I've ever been a melee in Dynamis before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I have reasonably strong WAR gear that's tailored towards Colibri, how much high DEF/Evasion do Dynamis mobs have? I was getting March/March/Fighter's/Chaos with Rune Chopper and it seemed like I was doing pretty shit damage with Kabobs and missing often, are the mobs really strong enough to warrant pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    So we sort of tried a more DD-oriented setup last night, the person who needed the clear didn't make it so it was kind of a fuck-off farming run. I was playing around with some new stuff setup-wise, but it didn't go very well so I kind of have some general questions about being a melee in Dynamis and I didn't want to make a new thread for it.

I'm guessing when people say WAR caller they mean WAR/NIN? I went /SAM and got my face absolutely fucked, the healers were doing a decent job but I was getting popped with crap like 1k Goblin Rush every time 3E went down.

My damage also seemed pretty awful, it was the first time I've ever been a melee in Dynamis before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I have reasonably strong WAR gear that's tailored towards Colibri, how much high DEF/Evasion do Dynamis mobs have? I was getting March/March/Fighter's/Chaos with Rune Chopper and it seemed like I was doing pretty shit damage with Kabobs and missing often, are the mobs really strong enough to warrant pizza?
    Sub NIN. That aside, the only mobs you should be below acc cap on in cities/glacier are THF, NIN, MNK, SAM assuming your gear doesn't blow :/

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

May have just been placebo, but it seemed like I was missing an extraordinary amount of WS hits. My KJs were for the most part doing awful damage, I figured that the mobs just had higher DEF than birds or something and stuck with KJ fulltime but that was still kinda meh.

Edit: shit I use is here: http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showp...postcount=1397

It's not perfect but I was definitely expecting a bit more out of it.