1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    He didn't fail to give the person who found them credit. He wrote it in his post on ffxivcore:

It just so happens someone found them slightly before you.
    Alright lets end this now because there's no reason to clutter up this thread with fucking core talk. First things first:

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/forums/vi...t=2327&p=65144

Cobbi found them first. Not that I care to make a big deal about it, but thats his thread on eorzeapedia. I woke up, saw an IM from him, and posted here with his credit after taking my own screencaps. I didn't realize his thread was there until after I posted, the IM only pointed out the EU site.

Secondly:

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83853

Let me re-iterate something, unless youve built up a significant amount of rapport being a long time member of the BG community, posting random links to your articles isnt going to make you any real friends. So saying that, I would request that all articles that are posted be quoted here, not everyone can click on your link, so they might just rather read here then visit your site later.

It's the forum rules, and common sense etiquette.

Lastly:

It was a dick move, stop trying to make me feel like I'm wrong for addressing it as such. I probably shouldn't have said anything, but I got pissed off and bitched seeing as he does this in every fucking thread, and its irritating.

Case closed. I apologize and lets all just let it go.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zyuu View Post
    We have the screenshots without the ugly frames here:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/2596-...v-screenshots/
    Nice. Think I'll make myself a wallpaper. Thanks for the pics w/out frames. :D

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Sometimes I rant for a while then say, case closed, never works though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Sometimes I rant for a while then say, case closed, never works though.
    I like my odds, those are some pretty cool screenshots to distract people.

aduidarnenye

Does it really matter THAT much who found them first? Get over it, seriously.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

No but it really fucking matters if they have those ugly frames apparently.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by McGoonagle View Post
    When you can produce evidence that there will be pet classes, I'll take you seriously.
    SE stated clearly AT LAUNCH there will be no pet classes. Things could change, but even if there are the community will disregard them soon enough >.>

aduidarnenye

Summoner is like their flagship class. They always have some sort of summoning in all FF games. At least all the ones I played.

Maybe they'll have summoners who don't keep summons out and about like they do in 11.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

When you can produce evidence that there will be pet classes, I'll take you seriously.
    Was my point so hard to understand? I'll explain it again. When a company begins to lie, hide facts, and be vague about a product from the very beginning in order to surprise fans later.... it's difficult to say what they won't be doing because their word is untrustworthy. I wasn't confirming pet/summon classes. I was just pointing out that either belief is crap and you can't go by what they say because they will flat out lie to you in order to keep a secret.

I personally think the "Ifrit" screen shot looks like a boss mob. It's similar to ifrit, but it looks too much like a generic demon. Beautiful graphics or not.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

First glance I thought boss. But looking at the placement of the Galka and his appearance of casting(with a horned staff with a red jewel no less), I wouldnt be surprised if it was actually Ifrit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And we can run off an endless list of lies by SE if we really wanted to, so lets not go there lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    First glance I thought boss. But looking at the placement of the Galka and his appearance of casting, I wouldnt be surprised if it was actually Ifrit.
    It looks like the new Beastmen in the other screen shots to me, not a Roegadyn.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Those monk guys look like the end result of Gurfurlur + mamool.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    First glance I thought boss. But looking at the placement of the Galka and his appearance of casting(with a horned staff with a red jewel no less), I wouldnt be surprised if it was actually Ifrit.
    Garka? That's no garka. Look at the screenshot right below, its one of those horned beastmen. I will accept mutated galka though, 'cause those are about as ugly as one, plus the horn.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Good call, though thats just more of a reason for the staff to correlate to what is being (possibly) summoned :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Delicious, thanks Celeras.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    Was my point so hard to understand? I'll explain it again. When a company begins to lie, hide facts, and be vague about a product from the very beginning in order to surprise fans later.... it's difficult to say what they won't be doing because their word is untrustworthy. I wasn't confirming pet/summon classes. I was just pointing out that either belief is crap and you can't go by what they say because they will flat out lie to you in order to keep a secret.
    The problem is that you are assuming that giving different answers to the same question at different times implies deception.

It does not.

Different answers may imply deception, but they may also imply changed circumstances. It's a big project and some of the design decisions made early on could appear to block certain developments, such as pet classes. Two years down the road, somebody might do something cleverer than you'd think and that would remove the block, and maybe allow pet classes. That would not mean that SE had lied when they originally said no pet classes. It was true at the time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

PS3 limitations, no pet classes. Case closed.

Enough bitching by their customer base, eventually, will = "changed circumstances". JP's love their pet classes even more than we do - I would be utterly shocked if there is never a pet class in XIV.

Also, crazy hot screens, thanks.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The problem is that you are assuming that giving different answers to the same question at different times implies deception.

It does not.

Different answers may imply deception, but they may also imply changed circumstances. It's a big project and some of the design decisions made early on could appear to block certain developments, such as pet classes. Two years down the road, somebody might do something cleverer than you'd think and that would remove the block, and maybe allow pet classes. That would not mean that SE had lied when they originally said no pet classes. It was true at the time.
    Remember, Square Enix is the only company in the world not allowed to have changes at the last minute.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think the first screen cap is from a cut scene of sorts, it looks slightly different from the other two. Also, SE said there weren't going to be any pet classes at launch. They didn't say never. I'd expect a content update with that after a few months.

great post though, I'm glad to see fresh stuff.