1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    Ugh. I hope that's not Ifrit. Usually they give him a better design than that. Looks like that creature is being summoned by a beastman or whatever. The screens look great!
    That screenshot looks to be a CS, it looks like it has a different texture than the other two.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by McGoonagle View Post
    SE has been quite clear that there will be no pet classes in XIV.
    Wrong, they said no pet classes AT LAUNCH.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Alright lets end this now because there's no reason to clutter up this thread with fucking core talk. First things first:

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/forums/vi...t=2327&p=65144

Cobbi found them first. Not that I care to make a big deal about it, but thats his thread on eorzeapedia. I woke up, saw an IM from him, and posted here with his credit after taking my own screencaps. I didn't realize his thread was there until after I posted, the IM only pointed out the EU site.

Secondly:

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83853

Let me re-iterate something, unless youve built up a significant amount of rapport being a long time member of the BG community, posting random links to your articles isnt going to make you any real friends. So saying that, I would request that all articles that are posted be quoted here, not everyone can click on your link, so they might just rather read here then visit your site later.

It's the forum rules, and common sense etiquette.

Lastly:

It was a dick move, stop trying to make me feel like I'm wrong for addressing it as such. I probably shouldn't have said anything, but I got pissed off and bitched seeing as he does this in every fucking thread, and its irritating.

Case closed. I apologize and lets all just let it go.
    I steal shit all the time for my blog, but I always try to give credit to the original thief if I can find out who they are. Sometimes shit is just too ubiquitous to worry about it, but that doesn't look like the case here. While I think forum wars are one of the most fucking retarded things in this small universe, it is easy to avoid shit like this by just doing the right thing.

Also, we should be honest with each other. Credit is nice and all, but in the end we are all thieves. Those are SE's images, no one else's. Don't get your panties in a bunch because someone "stole" them from you, or that you didn't get credit for stealing them first.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Remember, Square Enix is the only company in the world not allowed to have changes at the last minute.
    Yea, this will go on and on. Thick headed fanboys are thick headed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If there is a pet class, they may wait until just before releasing the first expansion pack to introduce it. And then make you buy the expansion to get the rest of the summons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Fuck yeah Mamools

as others have said, first SS looks like a CS (CG or other), while the other 2 are definitely in game. Looks awesome, wonder if Ill need to cough up the money for dual cards.. cause i know my processor is good enuff

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The problem is that you are assuming that giving different answers to the same question at different times implies deception.

It does not.

Different answers may imply deception, but they may also imply changed circumstances. It's a big project and some of the design decisions made early on could appear to block certain developments, such as pet classes. Two years down the road, somebody might do something cleverer than you'd think and that would remove the block, and maybe allow pet classes. That would not mean that SE had lied when they originally said no pet classes. It was true at the time.
    Said perfectly. Although, I will say that in the interview about pet classes, they did say "at launch". There is no concrete evidence anywhere of a pet class as of now. It is pure speculation from the first screenshot.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    If there is a pet class, they may wait until just before releasing the first expansion pack to introduce it. And then make you buy the expansion to get the rest of the summons.
    Just to throw some kerosene on the fire, they did say that new jobs will be released as part of normal updates and not in expansions. So I doubt they will tie summons/avatars to expansions.

Also, I do think that some kind of summoner will be in the game, or there will be summons that all players can use like in later FF games.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Maybe this time if they ever decide to continue their idea of Necromancer from ToAU they'll follow through >.>

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This actually looks interesting. I haven't liked the past media we've seen where all the scenes and characters look like they just returned from an all-you-can-grab shopping spree at a tweed wholesaler. Browwnnn, bieegggeee, greeennnn, greeeyyyy. Sworrrdssss, magicy-nessss. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

This looks like it has some vivid colors and uniqueness to it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sirenia Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Looks like FFXI but a little more refined. I hope they offer WAY more character customization than FFXI had.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sirenia View Post
    Looks like FFXI but a little more refined. I hope they offer WAY more character customization than FFXI had.
    would be nice if they added a character creation screen for each race on the same level of Aion's (minus cloud haircuts). That shit was fun to mess around with, but its probably wishful thinking.

Gargoyle

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    Summoner is like their flagship class. They always have some sort of summoning in all FF games. At least all the ones I played.

Maybe they'll have summoners who don't keep summons out and about like they do in 11.
    If it worked like this, where summoning only amounted to a BP rage or ward without an ability to sustain them over time, it wouldn't really be a pet class then, the summoning would be more just like an attack or buff spell from any other mage class. Except it's an avatar that produces the final effect instead of the caster.

Or, they could of course just be lying, as was mentioned.

Banned.

BG Level

Graphics seem at least up to the standard of the Last Remnant. I am pleased.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

They look like the typical FFXI update screenshots they use, just higher quality graphics. Not that that's bad, just what I thought when I saw the bottom two.

I'd hate to jump on the pet issue, but I do hope at some point in the future they decide to add -some- kind of pet class. If it's the token Summoner, then I'll be more than happy. I wouldn't put anything past SE to pull from their hats.

The beastman look like beefed up Mamool Ja. At first I couldn't tell if that thing on their head was part of the headdress they have on, or, like the Mamool Ja, they have a big "horn" like appendage on their heads.

I'd like to hope that isn't Ifrit in the first CS picture. If so, he's a bit of a let down. One thought I had was that maybe it's some sort of God/Deity that beastman race worships and they are summoning him. Of course, nothing but speculation until info is released or we see it first hand.

By the way, I checked the EU site and it seems they've been removed. Not sure if that was mentioned and I looked over it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah was a mistake, so an update was planned.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Xiani View Post

By the way, I checked the EU site and it seems they've been removed. Not sure if that was mentioned and I looked over it.
    Ohooooo nice! Looking forward to more information soon then :D

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Ohooooo nice! Looking forward to more information soon then :D
    bet it happens monday

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

When you can produce evidence that there will be pet classes, I'll take you seriously.
    Who said Summoner, if implemented in FFXIV, would strictly be a pet class?

Alyric

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    Look, someone who's been around a while. lol