+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Spoiler: show
    I think its more like the fight with whoever was responsible for the dragons to all disappear, not the dragons

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Either way, there has to be a reason they were trained in a field of magic used specifically to slay dragons. I hope more info is given on the whole fake-dragon slayer magic that Luxus had/his pop's dark guild, that arc was much more interesting than this one.

spoiler tags are getting annoying <.<

manga is great, anime is Meh~ fight scenes are nice.

i want to know more about Mystgun >_>

when isaw the gajeel and dad thing i was like fuck no hes going to be evil again? then the double agent thing i was like hells yea

Relic Shield
    BG Level

finally we're getting to meet gildarts

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I still wanna know more about Mistgun, maybe even before meeting Gildart, feels like we're jumping the gun a bit.

Mistgun didn't put everyone to sleep in this chapter - maybe he knew Gildart was coming back. I'm really hoping his face isn't actually Gerard's, or there better be a damn good reason behind that.

wheres gajeel's cat :<

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I got a good feeling for this arc, happy its got a good focus from the start.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    Just for the sake of asking despite the generally bad reviews here for the anime, for those who do watch the anime, what group are you getting them from or recommend? I saw Taka is going to be catching up on them, but was hoping to find a 2nd dependable group in case things go downhill again.
    Dont know if you got this answered or not, but I download it from HorribleSubs. It doesnt have near as much cursing or anything as Taka, which I think the cursing adds a comedic aspect, but it's still pretty good and it is out super fast.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taera View Post
    Dont know if you got this answered or not, but I download it from HorribleSubs. It doesnt have near as much cursing or anything as Taka, which I think the cursing adds a comedic aspect, but it's still pretty good and it is out super fast.
    Oh thanks, I never realized they were doing it. They're obviously not my first choice for things usually, but definitely suitable as a subtituteee.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

this new arc has been really good so far

gangsta lucy mofuckers

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Bump?

Anyway, was wondering if anyone who reads the manga has been watching the anime. How good is the anime adaptation? I heard a few bad comments about the anime when it was just starting, but if the anime does things decently I'd rather just watch that than start reading a new manga series and wait for it each week.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

I really enjoy both. So far the anime and manga seem to be pretty dead on other than the manga is more bloody.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

Ok so I just watched episode 19 and it looks like they have started doing some filler. The preview for 20 was a special chapter in the manga but i'm pretty sure it's still considered filler. On an unrelated note, i'm about to start watching Soul Eater since I finished the download of it.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Necro bump agogo. I started watching this after Hulu suggested it to me and it's holding my interest so far. I want to read the manga though, and can't find anywhere that has it. Reading the hate in this thread for the anime - why? It doesn't seem egregiously bad, at least not on the level of 'bullshit bad' anime I'm familiar with.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Never got into the anime, but been reading the manga pretty much every week. Manga stuff:
    Anyone else think the 7 year time skip was stupid and a waste of time? I mean, what was the point of 'killing' everyone off, and then bringing them back like 2 issues later. I mean, yes, the world has changed, but I feel we know such little about the world that it was unnecessary..

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

second time jump in a year is awesome! (na but saves 12 chapters of training filler)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm not gonna lie, the entire time I was thinking "30 days of training to make up for 7 years? That's amazingly awful," and than reading the end of this last chapter genuinely made me laugh out loud

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Don't forget page 13 O_o