+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Fairy Tail

http://img3.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spi...a9570_full.png

why is there no thread on this?

why did i have to start reading the manga so early on in the series that i am now stuck waiting once a week.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Because we already have a One Piece thread which is vastly superior. I'm sure someone can post the picture comparing the two.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

blah blah all shonen is basically the same plot.

you can't compare applies to oranges, they all have a different story and are enjoyable for what they bring to the mix.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

the anime is 23432094832098x terrible compared to the manga, just awful stuff

but yea, i resisted reading this forever cause it looked like a one piece clone but i really enjoyed it once i got into it

didnt oda and fairy tale artist study under the same dude?
    think i read somewhere that they're bff, prolly the reason why everything is so similar
    but fairy tail still kicks fucking ass, curious as to whats gonna come up on this week's

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

The manga is very enjoyable, people claim it's similar to one piece but so what? Even with some of the similarities One Piece is still awesome as hell, if its similar to that then oh well, more awesome to read every week.

The anime, however, is pure crap and a terrible adaption.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I was wondering the same thing a while back, good manga just it's already had so many wtf is this crap moments. (i.e. over the first actual major antagonist). I kinda feel like the plot is hard to take seriously lately.

Spoiler: show
    by that I mean Gerard and his clones

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

If the anime for this is bad, maybe I should get into the manga. With all the people saying it's like OP-1...I have enjoyed stories far weaker than OP, something a little worse than OP sounds great.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

ehh i enjoy the anime, the battle scenes specifically.

natsu vs erigor and the strongest team vs zerafs lullaby demon

the animation that happens when natsu uses one of his dragon skills oooo man

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Fairy Tail's mangaka was an assistant to One Piece's mangaka.

The assistants do alot of the work, especially for a weekly shounen series. Naturally they have the same drawing style as the mangaka since they had to learn to replicate it.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Just for the sake of asking despite the generally bad reviews here for the anime, for those who do watch the anime, what group are you getting them from or recommend? I saw Taka is going to be catching up on them, but was hoping to find a 2nd dependable group in case things go downhill again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Read it for awhile got bored of it. Seems like everyone either has you-know-what type of magic (don't want to spoiler for those who haven't read it and plan to) or is secretly you-know-who.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
    Fairy Tail's mangaka was an assistant to One Piece's mangaka.

The assistants do alot of the work, especially for a weekly shounen series. Naturally they have the same drawing style as the mangaka since they had to learn to replicate it.
    According to Fairy Tail's mangaka's wikipedia's trivia section he has NEVER been an assistant to any mangaka. But I kinda want that to be wrong, as I like the idea of a OP-like manga.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Hmm dunno where I read it, it sounded plausible so didn't question it.

Reading around some more, looks like both took inspiration from Akira Toriyama, kind of explains the similarities to Dragon Ball.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I quite enjoy Fairy tail, though I agree the story lately with that guy has been pretty lame. I thinks its pretty good still.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I used to read this religiously. Then it started to get super lame. Mostly around this time:

When they showed the funeral for that chick then she didn't actually die was such a fucking rip. I hate it when artists refuse to kill people after stuff like that

anyone see where the story is going easily? all the dragonslayers in one guild

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I can definitely see that, assuming they've got a huge fight vs their dragons coming up. Though I'm not sure why they were even trained by them to begin with if that's the purpose. Despite the weirdness of the plot presentation lately, definitely still interested in what's gonna play out.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Vincento View Post
    I can definitely see that, assuming they've got a huge fight vs their dragons coming up. Though I'm not sure why they were even trained by them to begin with if that's the purpose. Despite the weirdness of the plot presentation lately, definitely still interested in what's gonna play out.
    haven't been been reading it in awhile but shouldn't the dragon fight be at the very end. Think the dragons knew something would happen to them and therefore trained people to kill them when the time came.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If the manga is gonna go on, that will definitely be far from now -if even. They are still dealing with all these dark guilds right now. The fight against the dragons is just a shot in the dark at where the story might be going.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast