Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I agree that BLM-only-good-for-sleeps is a pretty bad argument, low-man or high-man. They are very efficient at statues and slimes, and good BLMs create an invaluable stun order and finish off certain mobs so we don't waste time sleeping and retargeting prematurely.

But it is also true that in every strong dyna shell I've been in, most BLMs have had no trouble sleeping city mobs. The procedure is always to layer sleepga 2 on top of sleepga from the RDM, granting you 2-2.5 minutes to finish the mobs. That's quite a long time; you'd have to be there with ridiculously inefficient low numbers or a big messy pull to have wake-up be an issue.

I don't use windower, so I follow /ma sleepga <stnpc> with just 5 swaps: genie head, igqira legs, pluto's, enfeebling torque, and af1+1 coat. Stuff already on from nuking includes ixion cape, witch sash, morrigan hands/feet, and 8 more INT, plus full enfeeble merits. So you see, without Spellcast or whatever you call it, I already reach +88 magic accuracy and around +25 int.

Your setup contains +57 magic accuracy and +24 int despite so many swaps... a full 31 accuracy behind me. That's the difference between 64% sleep accuracy and 95%. See what a difference equipment makes?

I'm not even maxed out. I should be hitting a second macro for Altruistic cape and swapping out my m.atk earrings and sorc ring and morrigan's feet (for goliard's). That would be an issue for Xarcabard, except I'm met with considerable redundancy there.

Glad you now have 3 million extra to spend.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If this is the same Wrish from KI, oh boy... Have fun BG.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Guess I'm also late to the party but why do melee kill statues nowadays? I thought the TP moves were supposed to be devastating and a huge MP sink, or at least that was the reasoning back in the day. Granted, I haven't done Dynamis in ages but still rather curious as for the change in general strategy.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not to add fuel to the fire, but why are you even using Witch Sash for sleeps in Dynamis ?

If you're using spellcast as you say, the very basic would be to macro Dark Obi.

So they do 25% more damage?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was under the impression that Obi do not give magic acc of any sort? i remember seeing it being asked before(although original question was in relation to sch and nukes, it derailed into obi and magic acc or something) and later written off as showing no improvement for acc on spells, just boosted potency, has this changed ?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neoex View Post
    Thorny is 95% right.. RDMs can silence needed mobs as well

We bring 1 RDM to dynamis. (2 to Xarc)

Sleeps are handled almost exclusively by BLM.

If your blm have a hard time understanding there job is 90% crowd control, then you have the wrong BLMs
    people still melee burn dynamis??

I would rather clear out every mob in the zone by manaburning.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

lolwat

Melee do more damage and aren't restricted by MP, therefore you can cut on DD, bringing less people to Dyna and getting more shit per person.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryuu View Post
    lolwat

Melee do more damage and aren't restricted by MP, therefore you can cut on DD, bringing less people to Dyna and getting more shit per person.
    Nevermind all of those aspirable mobs and MP recovery statues. Those don't exist or anything.

If you're lowman, you need BLM anyways to snipe time extensions (Beauc).

Quote Originally Posted by Tweedle Dee
    I thought he meant BLMs should only sleep, cause BLMs casting nukes will find their spell ceasing mid-nuke due to mob death, so I pointed out that lowman its very plausible for the nuke to get off cause kill speed isn't always as fast as he might be used to. I even said that it was often due to us getting rid of the statues quickly. Then Thorny got butthurt about RDMs being injusticed with the task of casting sleep.
    You're retarded. The primary reason to bring a BLM to dynamis(a, singular, not multiple) is access to sleepga2, which makes them a better crowd control job than RDM. If the BLM in question is not controlling sleeps and RDMs are stuck doing it, you would be universally better off with an additional melee. Realistically, one competent BLM can handle sleeps and a good portion of the statues in any city or glacier, and 2-3 is enough for Xarc if you do the bigger pulls. RDM sleeps are completely fine in base CoP, and Tav is an opinion call.

TLDR; bring blms for sleeps because if you bring them for damage you're a retard and only gimping your setup vs more melee

Quote Originally Posted by Tweedle Dum
    Nevermind all of those aspirable mobs and MP recovery statues. Those don't exist or anything.

If you're lowman, you need A BLM anyways to snipe time extensions (Beauc).
    Bringing one BLM for crowd control is pretty standard practice. Aspirable mobs and MP statues are not going to give you unlimited mp.. though a full manaburn setup works just fine if you can field enough BLMs. For the same amount of people, TP burn will always have a higher damage output over time though, meaning if you're competent and keep them alive you'll kill more.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

*stares blankly at the Witch's Sash stuff*

Uh... well, okay, someone mentioned a few threads back that they use melee on Statues now...? That's the norm?

I usually have everyone doing that, but only if there's like 5 statues all of a sudden, somehow. We have BLMs (sometimes Scholars sneak up to throw a nuke, and even RDMs when they have high MP and no THF/PLD mobs up ) My question to you guys is, how the heck do you guys handle that in Windurst? Those stats are the most annoying stats in the entire world, and melee burning them down would just make everyone all para, poisoned,etc @_@ Am I missing something?

(I hate Windurst and Jeuno. -_- Graaaaaah. We can still full clear them sometimes with 30 minutes left, but I want to cut that down more.)

Mm as for the Slimes thing... I think I will take the 1RDM + 1BLM thing into consideration. That might be the way to go. I usually just have the "Stat Party" take care of the slimes too when they're done with stats, but this way sounds great, less chances of Paralyga going off :D Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumiko View Post
    *stares blankly at the Witch's Sash stuff*

Uh... well, okay, someone mentioned a few threads back that they use melee on Statues now...? That's the norm?

I usually have everyone doing that, but only if there's like 5 statues all of a sudden, somehow. We have BLMs (sometimes Scholars sneak up to throw a nuke, and even RDMs when they have high MP and no THF/PLD mobs up ) My question to you guys is, how the heck do you guys handle that in Windurst? Those stats are the most annoying stats in the entire world, and melee burning them down would just make everyone all para, poisoned,etc @_@ Am I missing something?

(I hate Windurst and Jeuno. -_- Graaaaaah. We can still full clear them sometimes with 30 minutes left, but I want to cut that down more.)

Mm as for the Slimes thing... I think I will take the 1RDM + 1BLM thing into consideration. That might be the way to go. I usually just have the "Stat Party" take care of the slimes too when they're done with stats, but this way sounds great, less chances of Paralyga going off :D Thanks!
    Only specific statues in windurst cast, and you can stun them <.>

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Having originated from another shell (/wave Cast) we have the BLMs deal with slimes once the BST is down.

We take 2 RDM/BLM for sleep leads. BLMs take out stats and layer sleepga II on any mobs if needed. They stun certain mobs, nuke PLDs and THF.

Dynamis mobs with the exception perhaps of demons when you first meet them do sleep easily enough. When I started my current shell after 3-3.5 years of dynamis elsewhere we ran through decent enfeebling gear for BLMs.

Bare minimum I'd hope for would be dark staff, igqira head, af body, spider torque. What I wear is igqira head+legs, pluto's, enfeebling torque/ear, omega ring, sturm's report, morri hands, goliard feet I think.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Edit: Double Post

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valena View Post
    Not to add fuel to the fire, but why are you even using Witch Sash for sleeps in Dynamis ?

If you're using spellcast as you say, the very basic would be to macro Dark Obi.
    Actually my dark obi will equip in dyna. I made the mistake of typing my raw "enfeeble set" ... which like all my other sets will always be overridden by either obis or obis and sorc pants where applicable.

And no, I'm not implying Sorc pants will equip for an enfeeble.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sumi, you should know better than to try to get a BG thread back on track. Maybe you can make a new thread, but this time call it "Upgrade Necronus' Gear", and you'll probably get advice about Dynamis slimes.

Also make them schedule more Tavnazias plzkthx.

Any BLM of the quality to belong here instead of Alla should have 275+ enfeeb in dynamis, 290+ with merits. I hit 300 :/

Xaru

Quote Originally Posted by TybudX View Post
    So they do 25% more damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrayenMidgard View Post
    I was under the impression that Obi do not give magic acc of any sort? i remember seeing it being asked before(although original question was in relation to sch and nukes, it derailed into obi and magic acc or something) and later written off as showing no improvement for acc on spells, just boosted potency, has this changed ?
    So was it ever established if day & weather affect magic accuracy? I would like to think so.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    So was it ever established if day & weather affect magic accuracy? I would like to think so.
    I don't see how that could come into question. Obi's were released before SCH ... so unless the ONLY spell the Dark Obi affected was Bio's initial damage then the notion just seems silly. Heck, even post SCH the list of Dark Element "Nukes" is now just Bio and the Helix. Drain/Aspir are accuracy not potency based. Everything else is Enfeebling.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    I don't see how that could come into question. Obi's were released before SCH ... so unless the ONLY spell the Dark Obi affected was Bio's initial damage then the notion just seems silly. Heck, even post SCH the list of Dark Element "Nukes" is now just Bio and the Helix. Drain/Aspir are accuracy not potency based. Everything else is Enfeebling.
    you forget eyes on me for blu, but in all honesty, are you trying to use logic for FF11? this is SE after all...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast