+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dynamis Jeuno - Vanguard Slimes

Hi guys :O

As the days go on and on and less and less people are playing the game, I ask a question...

How do the rest of you Dynamis Linkshells handle Vanguard Slimes in Jeuno (And Beau, I guess, but there's not as many)?

We always Black Mage burn them down, but I'm trying to see if there's an even more efficient way. I had suggested just Melee burning them with stun lock, but my other officers advised highly against that XD

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sumiko View Post
    Hi guys :O

As the days go on and on and less and less people are playing the game, I ask a question...

How do the rest of you Dynamis Linkshells handle Vanguard Slimes in Jeuno (And Beau, I guess, but there's not as many)?

We always Black Mage burn them down, but I'm trying to see if there's an even more efficient way. I had suggested just Melee burning them with stun lock, but my other officers advised highly against that XD
    Usual train of thought for us:

1) Repose it
    2) WHMs dead/distracted/ninja afk/etc ---> BLMs nuke/kite
    3) BLMs dead/distracted/ninja afk/etc ---> Melee Assist after BST
    4) Only Mob alive ---> Melee Assist

1 BLM can deal with them fine, if you have realllllly retarded blms you can pull it back to >20' away from everyone and sleep log it. It'll depop as long as the BST is dead before the sleeper finishes logging.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Usually put 1 RDM + 1 BLM on it, just Silence/Grav/Nuke.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Just nuke em down.

Fluid Toss is just devastating, not to just one person, but to everyone around it; there's no reason to feed them TP by having melees on it.

The way to make killing them efficient is making sure your blms have at least single, if not double refresh.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Silence, Gravity, Nuke. Gives the BLMs something to do while the melee take out the rest of the mobs.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    Silence, Gravity, Nuke. Gives the BLMs something to do while the melee take out the rest of the mobs.

This, what the hell is a BLM doing besides sleeping? your melee better be killing everything before they can get a nuke off..

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neoex View Post
    This, what the hell is a BLM doing besides sleeping? your melee better be killing everything before they can get a nuke off..
    Does that include Pld and Thf mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Yubar View Post
    sleep, swap targets, swap back when next mob is dead

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Yubar View Post
    Generally as a BLM I cast on PLD and THF mobs, most dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    sleep, swap targets, swap back when next mob is dead
    hax

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Generally as a BLM I cast on PLD and THF mobs, most dont.
    normally what I see going on, for PLD and THF mobs, if they are NMs we usually skill chain fragmentation/light and they thunder4/burst 2 the fucker before it can even 2hr.

Wtf is a SC?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Happens for us a lot....

In lower man situations, we usually kill the statues before the mobs. Sometimes due to kill speed ... sometimes because the next pull will be incoming and the BLMs will go with the THF and kill the stats before the mobs join the pack ... sometimes cause of sync GA's .... and sometimes cause the THF linked three pulls worth of mobs. Of course thats not to say there aren't times when I start a Freeze II on a mob at 100% and the mob dies before my nuke gets off ... but plenty of times I land in lower man situations, and even get to tank a few swings with Blink/Stoneskin/Stun/Drain ... stoopid EES always ignoring mah blink.
    Oh, and lets not forget PLD and THF mobs! Oh, and lets not forget times when the tanks dead and we grav/kite/nuke MNKs down during Hundred Fists >.>

I swear tho, its runs where mobs don't die fast enough that I want to slap BLMs (especially new ones) who seem to forget they even have Sleep spells ... or that casting Sleep isn't something only usable when Elemental Seal is up. Yes, you CAN cast Sleep ... Yes, the RDMs ARE dead cause we're low on DPS and you didn't help them ... Yes, the WHMs HP is dropping like a rock cause Freeze II unfortunately doesn't actually "freeze" the mob from smashing her face in ... and Yes, those Orc fists being embedded in your skull ARE your fault.

But honestly, on good runs with good numbers the RDM's usually have everything handled just fine and BLMs are just another DD job.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    I swear tho, its runs where mobs don't die fast enough that I want to slap BLMs (especially new ones) who seem to forget they even have Sleep spells ... or that casting Sleep isn't something only usable when Elemental Seal is up. Yes, you CAN cast Sleep ... Yes, the RDMs ARE dead cause we're low on DPS and you didn't help them ... Yes, the WHMs HP is dropping like a rock cause Freeze II unfortunately doesn't actually "freeze" the mob from smashing her face in ... and Yes, those Orc fists being embedded in your skull ARE your fault.
    Stop talking. RDMs shouldn't be stuck casting sleeps if there are BLMs in ally, seeing as BLMs only justification in dynamis is sleeps. If your rdms can handle the sleeps, don't bring blms.. if they can't, then have blms handle sleeps so they can focus on hasting/curing DD.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Stop talking. RDMs shouldn't be stuck casting sleeps if there are BLMs in ally, seeing as BLMs only justification in dynamis is sleeps. If your rdms can handle the sleeps, don't bring blms.. if they can't, then have blms handle sleeps so they can focus on hasting/curing DD.
    Thorny is 95% right.. RDMs can silence needed mobs as well

We bring 1 RDM to dynamis. (2 to Xarc)

Sleeps are handled almost exclusively by BLM.

If your blm have a hard time understanding there job is 90% crowd control, then you have the wrong BLMs

Relic Shield
    BG Level

BLMs kill statues, what about your shell?

Now, I don't have perfect enfeebling gear, but I tend to top most BLMs in my shell, and when I drop a Sleepga, I get resisted by 25-50% of the mobs depending on mobs job or species (like demon) unless ES is up. Now one might argue the overlap from several BLMs will cover that deficiency or one might just say "get optimal gear or gtfo" but usually one RDM is enough to keep the herd slept just fine. Since we usually have 2-3 RDMs they tend to handle missed stragglers or the mobs waking. RDMs in the BLM parties still manage to refresh us or whatever else.

Edit:
    If your blm have a hard time understanding there job is 90% crowd control, then you have the wrong BLMs
    At risk of them seeing this, though I do often gripe about it in vent, yes that IS a problem for us. Now our BLM lineup does change and over the years many have come and gone. Others assigned to or from different roles/jobs, but perhaps its just my shells luck but MANY times I feel like I'm the only BLM that understands crowd control. Often though, its BLMS who are also RDMs that tend to get the whole crowd control thing. But that aside, I still argue the Enfeebling skill of a RDM tends to have us assign them the sleep duties.

Often the RDM assigned to the BLM party has the priorities of Sleeps/Enfeebles > Refreshes > Cures. Ones in melee parties tend to be Sleeps > Cures > Buffs > Enfeebles. Ones in tank parites tend to be Cures > Buffs > Sleeps > Enfeebles.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    blah
    You're still in the day where BLMs are required to kill statues? For shame.

Crowd control. Nukes when you can. That's all a BLM is definitively good for in Dynamis.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    You're still in the day where BLMs are required to kill statues? For shame.

Crowd control. Nukes when you can. That's all a BLM is definitively good for in Dynamis.
    Perhaps I missed the day when that changed but yes .. yes we are still "In the day when BLMs kill statues" ... often times statues love to smack the alliance around when BLMs aren't killing them or if the BLMs got themselves killed. Of course, I have no idea what your Dynamis history is, but I've been part of my Dynamis shell for 4 or so years now ... its the only shell I've ever been in, and many of the remaining members are 3-4 year members as well. I also tend to be "strategist" role in the shell ... determining how we'll do each run and since I've only ever done it one way, the cycle tends to be rather unchanging with the only modifications tending to be based on current attendance. Hundreds and hundreds of runs all done the same. Things tend not to change when what you do works. I dunno, perhaps I missed a memo along the way, but ::shrug:: oh well, if I'm wrong by popular opinion then so be it I suppose.

Edit:

Eh, lemme dig myself into a bigger hole.

Since out shell has had about 70% static members over the years and we've been doing dynamis our way for so long, we have what I'll call the "sheep" problem. Even if many of our members once knew how to do things ... due to the fact that we've done things the same way for sooooo long people literally just do things without a grasp on why or how. Melees follow assist, BLMs kill statues, RDMs sleep. No deviation over the years tends to make people lazy and unadaptive. As such, runs normally go perfectly ... loot for everyone, coins for the sponsors, clears for those who need it, etc .... but god forbid me and 3 or so other leaders don't show up and BAM horrible fail of epic proportions everywhere.

And thats why I call it the "sheep" syndrome. People have been following the assist macros or pressing their same sleep macros for so long, that if you take away the 3-5 "strategists" in the shell, no one would have half a clue where the time keepers are or where anything is. Heck, even tying this post I realize that in most zones even though I'm the mage strategist, I'd suck as a melee assist cause I really only know which mobs are NINs, SMNs, MNKs, and a handfull others. I haven't had to care if the other mob is a WAR or SAM for so long I've likely forgotten unless its name is obvious. Of course, as long as the shell doesn't hemmorage members it will continue to not matter cause those strategists ARE there.

Of course, as someone who is good at maps, it drives me nuts that 95% of my shell still has no idea what the Beaucedine Glacier map looks like .. not just dynamis ... but the entire zone ... UGGGGHHH!

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So your excuse for using outdated strategies is "I've done it this way for years"? Just making sure we're on the same page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast