Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Week 16: More murky, Cowboy's future or the AFC playoffs?

I posted this link in the other thread, but here it is again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario
    This will tell you the "what-if's" of the playoffs. What needs to happen for your team to make it, who needs to lose, and who needs to win.

FRI, DEC 25

San Diego at Tennessee (-3) - Keith Bulluck is gone for the year, Harper sucks (quoting Welt), and San Diego passes all over the damn place. I don't really understand how Vegas can give Tennessee the nod in this game. Quite odd, especially when you realize home teams generally get just a 3 point bump. Vegas thinks these teams are even on a neutral field? Am I missing something? San Diego wins. 75% of the public agrees.

SUN, DEC 27

Buffalo at Atlanta (-9) - Atlanta's pass defense is sort of shitty. Buffalo's pass defense is fantastic. Other than Turner, neither team has anyone explosive in the running game and he may not play. I actually like Buffalo in this game. I'll take the upset. 56% of the public agrees.

Kansas City at Cincinnati (-13.5) - Cinci sure has traveled a lot over the course of this week for a team playing at home. I don't know if it's affected their practice or preparation, but I can't imagine it would. After all, we're talking about practice man...practice. Cinci to win and cover. 47% of the public bets on Cinci.

Oakland at Cleveland (-3.5) - Oakland beats the good teams and plays like shit against the bad ones. I don't see why I should pick this week as a time to bump this trend. I'll take Cleveland to play well, impress their new president, and cover the spread. 40% of public bets on Cleveland.

Seattle at Green Bay (-14) - Just a newsflash if someone hasn't yet realized it...Green Bay is really good. Other than the anomaly of Big Ben chucking 500 yards last week, the defense has been solid, they have pro-bowl WRs, and a top 5-10 QB. Green Bay hammers Seattle and covers. 78% of the public agrees.

Baltimore at Pittsburgh (-2.5) - This game, for me, is the most important of the week. It has so much bearing on the wildcard picture in the AFC. If Pitt wins this game, the playoff picture become so unbelievable muddled, that we may get the most exciting week 17 in recent years. I'm all for that. Pitt to win and cover. Public bets are 50-50 at this point.

Houston at Miami (-3) - Dan Orlovsky isn't playing. Miami wins by 56. 55% of the public agrees.

Jacksonville at New England (-7.5) - Ugh, New England has been just dreadful here lately. Tom Brady had another game of throwing less than 50%. It's like that offense has just disappeared, similar to what the defense was going through earlier. I like the Pats to work out the kinks over the next couple of weeks and get a strong finishing stretch en route to the playoffs. Pats cover, 54% of public agrees.

Tampa Bay at New Orleans (-14) - So, the Saints really need this win so they can rest starters in a tough week 17 matchup. If New Orleans gets up big, I don't know if they'll rest the starters, but they're going to get up big to ensure that Minnesota has no chance at taking home field. Saints to cover, 60% of public agrees.

Carolina at NY Giants (-7) - For our prayers to be answered, NYG has to win this to make sure that Dallas doesn't see the post-season again this year. Matt Moore will be playing in the shitty conditions of Giants stadium, we'll have to see how he fairs. I like the g-men to win going away, and so does 85% of the public.

Detroit at San Francisco (-12) - When I pick against Detroit, they cover, when I pick for them, they get beat by 30. I'm going to take San Francisco -12 here, so you can pretty much bank on this being a close game. San Fran -12, 64% of the public agrees.

St. Louis at Arizona (-14) - St. Louis has sort of been playing decent football. They played Arizona competitively once already this season, and has faired well against passing teams. It's teams like Tennessee who run it down their throat that kill them. Arizona wins, Rams +14. Just 32% of public are agreeing.

NY Jets at Indianapolis (-5.5) - Kind of a small spread for Indi here. Then again, they've played pretty close games. I just feel there aren't enough Revis's to cover all the weapons that Indi has. They've shown they can win without Wayne having big games. Indi covers, 77% agrees.

Denver at Philadelphia (-7) - This game is probably bigger for Philly than it is for Denver. Denver has a week 17 gimme, and Philly needs to win this game to ensure they win the division and get a home game. Westbrook may get some PT, but I don't know if it really matters. Philly wins, Denver keeps it close. 30% of public bets on Denver.

Dallas at Washington (+7) - I really don't know what to say about Washington now. I hope the best for Zorn, seems like a ice guy. I also hope Campbell finds himself in a stable situation where he can flourish. Dallas to cover. 83% of public agrees.

MON, DEC 28

Minnesota at Chicago (+7) - Chicago is going to have to fire someone at the end of the season. They gave up a shit ton to get what has been nothing. Cutler has been the epitomy of terrible. Vikings have towin this game to keep their home game in the 2nd round of the playoffs, and ensure they play in only warm/domes throughout the playoffs. Vikings cover. 79% of public agrees.

Tired of figuring stats. I'm under .500, bet opposite of what I say and you'll be fine.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Carolina @ New York Giants.

I couldn't be more torn about this game. But I believe my hatred for the Cowboys will win this.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You obviously have no idea how the Jets operate. Now that they've all but blown their chances and tore your heart out with another brutal loss, they're going to come out and play their best game of the year in order to build hopes for next season. So they can crush them again.

Jets outright 24-17

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Too busy for detailed explanations so just straight picks for this post.

San Diego at Tennessee
    Buffalo at Atlanta
    Kansas City at Cincinnati
    Oakland at Cleveland
    Seattle at Green Bay
    Baltimore at Pittsburgh
    Houston at Miami
    Jacksonville at New England
    Tampa Bay at New Orleans
    Carolina at New York Giants
    St. Louis at Arizona
    Detroit at San Francisco
    Denver at Philadelphia
    New York Jets at Indianapolis
    Dallas at Washington
    Minnesota at Chicago

BG Pick 'Em Stats
    Last Week: 8-8 (awful...)
    Season: 152-72

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Stop picking the niners.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I expect Atlanta to cover. So this doesn't seem like a homer pick, here is my reasoning:

-Jairus Byrd, he of 9 INTs for Buffalo, is out
    -Coming off of a tough win against the Jets last week and coming home with a chance to win out and get the first back-to-back winning seasons in franchise history
    -Buffalo's Run D is about as bad as our pass D, we don't need Turner to run all over them, Snelling and Norwood will be fine
    -Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post

-Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks
    You wish.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Can't wait for Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore. I really don't know which Steelers team will show up. The one last week was the team I'm used to seeing (at least last year) , but the way they have been playing all year . I can't feel confident in the Steelers (even at home).

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Because the Steelers are terrible.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Baltimore will take it.

I'm calling a Panthers upset though

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If Dallas makes the fucking playoffs, the chokage will be even more epic than the 18-1 fiasco.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Just saw the blind side movie, now rooting for the Ravens.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

San Diego at Tennessee
    Buffalo at Atlanta
    Oakland at Cleveland
    Seattle at Green Bay
    Baltimore at Pittsburgh
    Houston at Miami
    Tampa Bay at New Orleans
    Carolina at New York Giants - upset pick
    St. Louis at Arizona
    Detroit at San Francisco
    Denver at Philadelphia - pz. no playoffs4u
    Dallas at Washington
    Minnesota at - lolfest

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Upset of the week, Panthers over Giants.

I am a HUGE panthers fan this week.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

San Diego at Tennessee
    Buffalo at Atlanta
    Oakland at Cleveland
    Seattle at Green Bay
    Baltimore at Pittsburgh
    Houston at Miami
    Tampa Bay at New Orleans
    Carolina at New York Giants
    St. Louis at Arizona
    Detroit at San Francisco
    Denver at Philadelphia
    Dallas at Washington
    Minnesota at Chicago

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

The Sanchez Vs The Manning, the battle of the gods.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Hotdogs Vs Sony TV's/mastercard, who will win!

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Come to think of it... weren't there some Viking fans... where have they all gone?

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Niggas is skeered of the farva.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Why's noone make a big deal out of Favre's December slumps? Guess I can't hear them because his dick is too far down their throat.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast