Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Writing Macros     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    It brings to mind the whole WoW language issue. Blizzard is HUGE on trying to keep the translations of the two languages (Alliance and Horde) a secret.
    Were we talking about WoW? No, because it has a different ToS. WoW specifically forbids you to "communicate directly with players who are playing characters aligned with the opposite faction" without regard to your means of doing so - VoIP, web translation, or hacking program. Such a restriction clearly agrees with the design of the game: Cross-alliance chat comes out garbled.

But a blanket restriction on analyzing FFXI auction data does not comport with FFXI's design. SE gives us a feature specifically to view AH transaction history and current stock. That fact makes your interpretation ridiculous for its outlawing an intended feature (remember reading in context?).

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    only clear to you so you can be a hypocrite, I read it completely different than you do.
    I pointed out that your reading is insensible; such interpretations don't hold up because they contradict SE's active behavior. For example, SE have stressed that we keep our web browsers updated. And you claim a browser is a violation?

I've been overly repetitive with the same basic technique: showing the appalling conclusions of a dubious "literal" interpretation. Such interpretations are already ineffectual in law, which more strictly adheres to the letter than any moral explication.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Maybe if SE didn't make the interface so primitive, clunky, obtuse, and downright hostile to the user, people wouldn't use Windower. Until then, tough shit.

The only feature I know of in Windower that I would truly consider cheating is fillmode, but as was said, just because you own a car, doesn't mean you speed.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Wrish View Post
    Were we talking about WoW? No, because it has a different ToS. WoW specifically forbids you to "communicate directly with players who are playing characters aligned with the opposite faction" without regard to your means of doing so - VoIP, web translation, or hacking program. Such a restriction clearly agrees with the design of the game: Cross-alliance chat comes out garbled.
    "Clearly" Again you are coming up with your own ideas to make your perfect world fit. You have claimed time and again that SE can't do anything outside of the game, yet WoW was a clear example of Blizzard doing just that. They are a lot more active.

But a blanket restriction on analyzing FFXI auction data does not comport with FFXI's design. SE gives us a feature specifically to view AH transaction history and current stock. That fact makes your interpretation ridiculous for its outlawing an intended feature (remember reading in context?).
    And yet you do it by actually going to the ah to see it, vs. getting to see it anywherere.

I pointed out that your reading is insensible; such interpretations don't hold up because they contradict SE's active behavior. For example, SE have stressed that we keep our web browsers updated. And you claim a browser is a violation?
    I am claiming they make the ToS vague for a reason, so that way if something arises that they don't want they can take action against it, and FFXIAH can easily be considered against the ToS by their guidelines. Which again you still haven't proven against aside from saying things like "well I don't think SE meant that..." That's BS, they said what they meant so it can encompass anything they want.

It is your reading that is insensible because you keep adding conditions to it that weren't actually written, thinking that has to be what SE was thinking. lol hypocrite.

I've been overly repetitive with the same basic technique: showing the appalling conclusions of a dubious "literal" interpretation. Such interpretations are already ineffectual in law, which more strictly adheres to the letter than any moral explication.

You guys heard it here first, don't take law literally. Next time someone tells you to sue for not paying the 1st of the month you can be like "Oh I thought they meant if I had a cat and I was in a good job and that I could afford it, I mean I know it doesn't say it in the lease but that's what I thought they meant!"

The fact you think you can get away with it by making your own interpretation and add a huge bunch of conditionals that weren't stated it until everything fits in your little world is really sad. hypocrite.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

I know it's late, but consider locking this my little Christmas gift to myself. I don't think anyone wants to keep reading some neckbeard try and explain how windower hax IPs through the GUI.

Thanks, me!

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10