1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 55 minutes

View Poll Results: What race will you be?

Voters
1134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elezen

245 21.60%
  • Lalafell

232 20.46%
  • Hyur

285 25.13%
  • Roegadyn

124 10.93%
  • Miqo'te

248 21.87%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Why do you want to see a pixelated dick Sir Leroy?

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It just ruins the manliness factor, yaknow. Galka dick gets me hot.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by amonobanji View Post
    I know lot of guys going to be either a female mithra, hume, or elf and then constantly flirting/being flirted with/by other dudes.
    I don't know what game other people were playing because I've seen this mentioned a few times but I got hit on all of once semi-near release in 5 years of playing the game. If you act normal and you're not actually female people should pick up pretty quick what lurks behind the screen.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Tythera View Post
    I don't know what game other people were playing because I've seen this mentioned a few times but I got hit on all of once semi-near release in 5 years of playing the game. If you act normal and you're not actually female people should pick up pretty quick what lurks behind the screen.
    Same here, I played a female human mage in WoW too and the only time I got a disturbing tell was while I was on a mule. Never had that problem on Mithra though.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Same here... I've never gotten asked about it in ffxi, only on wow the most I've been asked if actually a male/female but its kind of rare.

although with a mithra/miqo'te named Gulkeeva... be kind of odd asking if thats a male name haha

the apple of knowledge
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

put down hyru just now but hoping to get into beta and see how things play so i can make the final choice for release. Played an elvaan mage and a taru melee class in XI but i think i'll play XIV properly if lalafell have a high enough bonus for magic and they look and play right i will go that, how-ever if melee is lots of fun i guess its which ever fits best, but if you really do switch jobs all the time and hyru are as versital as hume then thats me.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It was specifically stated that stats would play less of a role in character selection than it did in FFXI.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Was gonna stick with galka, but.... i figure i'll keep the name and probs end up elvann, my reasoning for this would have to be totally reliant on HP + STR ... still is and always will be my fav base stats!!

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I was an Elvaan before my account was hacked, then a taru.

I loved my elf for melee, but it also had caster jobs - the taru I loved for casting but it had melee jobs.

Always felt short handed one way or the other. So I'm probably going to go Human or Mithra..... although I'll need to look at char models in the future to truly decide. If galka looks just so awesome that I have to choose it, then I will. Same for other races. For now though, I voted human.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Aiming for a Roegadyn caster, or a ranged class.

Apocalypse
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Shadowmoon

First i'ma try out an Elvaan M and if they still have dhalmel necks i'm goin back to Hume

Keeping the same name also.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Miqo'te, and she'll probably look a lot like the Mithra I've had since 2003 (face 2A). I'm quite fond of her, so I'm having a small art nouveau style portrait of her tattooed on my arm this spring. (It looks like this: hxxp://is.gd/5Y4CC )

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Khaz Modan

Hyur male, been playing female toons in WoW and Aion, time to go back to male hume like FFXI.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Voted Lalafell, cause I'm thinking about going mage after years of playing melee on ffxi. Might end up going Hyur though cause I also like tanking. If i remember correctly, it was stated before that the difference in stats between the races is going to be a lot smaller than it was in XI, so I might just end up going whichever race I like the looks of best. In XI I really like the Elvaan because of how their armor always looked, so might end up with Elezen as well...Damn you decisions!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Roegadyn and either gonna name myself Reptar or Bowser

Vacht

When i saw we could pick different tribes, it makes me wanna be miqote moonkeeper. But most likely Hyur male, highlander, short stature, dark hair, blue eyes. winnah!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hume, I hope all races are near same stats anyways, not like ffxi

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

New taru looks win :D

Falafel, the Lalafel.

nuff sed

Algoth

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadil View Post
    Hyur male, been playing female toons in WoW and Aion, time to go back to male hume like FFXI.
    Same here. Well, with the exception that my female characters were in WoW and EVE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast