FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Mortal Kombat Trilogy - Which Version?

Which do you prefer, and why?

Black Belt
    BG Level

I didn't know people plays mortal kombat after genesis/snes era.

MKIII Ultimate, mostly for the character selection. I loved the urban atmosphere set in most of the levels, too. It introduced multiple new "ninjas": Rain, Ermac, etc. and gave Smoke a badass cyborg identity. On top of everything, Shao Kahn was a cruel motherfucker.

EDIT: Oh, trilogy? Uhhh, 1-3 for sure.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Whatever one didn't have the mind-reading AI.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Everything except the DC universe one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

All the mortal kombats on those platforms were terrible.

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o...ucket/MVC2.jpg

This is the only answer.

MK1 on Sega Genesis

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

You didn't list the only ones worth while, the original. System. The rest were all pretty much down hill. Part 2 was by far my fav though. Spent damn near my entire childhood playing it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

N64 version of Trilogy was my favorite, no loading and the control was pretty sweet to use with that game. That control was good for MKT and KI: Gold

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

MKT is horribly broken, buggy, piece of shit, granted that's not saying much being part of the MK franchise. Both CD based versions have horrible load times, as well as load time during Shang Tsung's morphs. N64 is N64. Avoid them all and just play UMK3 or 2.

Or play a real fighting game.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

I had it on the PSX, loved it. The load times are annoying though, would probably go for the PC version. I loved the soundtrack too, not sure how well the N64's cartridge would sound. No load times though. I agree MVSC2 > MKT though, heh.

30 second loading time for fatalities killed the psx version

Mame or bust

I actually bought the 360 version of ultimate MK though

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I played the shit out of the N64 version back in the day. I remember that beating arcade mode on the highest difficulty without losing a single round would result in an ending montage of every single fatality, animality, brutality, friendship, etc. It was a good 15-20 minute exhibition that was worth all the time that I put in memorizing each character's AI. Man, I had such patience for that kind of stuff when I was younger.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

UMK3 had the most shitty AI ever, especially if you played with Smoke. Force a projectile from the computer, come over the top with a teleport punch > spear > 5-hit combo. Rinse, repeat till you get to Motaro (the only challenging fight in the game imo). Shao Khan comes down to forward jump kick > spear > uppercut over and over again... zero challenge.

Saturn because only one I played em on.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    You didn't list the only ones worth while, the original. System. The rest were all pretty much down hill. Part 2 was by far my fav though. Spent damn near my entire childhood playing it.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsix.Midgard View Post
    Mame or bust
    This is actually what im going for. I want to use it on my MAME cabinet, but since trilogy never came out on arcade, theres only these options. I heard N64 is the best, but missing some of the PSX features, I heard PSX and Saturn suffer from bad load times, and I hear PC version doesnt always play the sounds/music.

Obviously ill be using the UMK3 arcade rom for awesomeness, but since trilogy is basically UMK3v2, why not have that too. I used to play the N64 version, but always liked the features PSX had. Chances are ill get all of them and try them out, but wanted to see others opinions.

And of course MKII is the best fighter ever, but I loved the run system of U/MK3/T, and the character selection of T, anything past T is trash.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Would the CD-based releases even have the load-time issues when run from an ISO under an emulator, or do they all read the data as fast as the original hardware could?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    This is actually what im going for. I want to use it on my MAME cabinet, but since trilogy never came out on arcade, theres only these options. I heard N64 is the best, but missing some of the PSX features, I heard PSX and Saturn suffer from bad load times, and I hear PC version doesnt always play the sounds/music.
    The N64/PSX versions (not sure about Saturn) also had game timer issues that allowed combos that would never work on an arcade cabinet to work and giving characters like Kano/Jax far more power than ever intended. Whether this is a positive/negative is entirely up to you, given how broken a lot of characters already are on the cabinet version (Ermac/Stryker/Ermac/Kung Lao/Ermac/Shang Tsung/Ermac/Kabal/didImentionErmac).

That said it seems the N64 version sacrificed the least of all the ports and should be the one you get.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Saturn, simply because it was my introduction to MK, and in fact the only thing I've ever played it on.