Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Clearly the best thing to me in that is the person who kept bitching you let a bard main lot, lol.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Thanks! Just need that Atomos pic now

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Probably been asked to death (no pun intended), but the magic eva down on Death Blossom..does that increase macc on the mob by the amount taken away from the mob? If not..how exactly does it work in terms of adding macc vs. the mob?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Change race to elvaan or galka.
    Fuck you

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I don't remember if I read this on BG, KI, or Zam, but there was a list of what acc you needed to be around to be considered capped on events like Salvage/Nyzul/Dynamis/Mamools/Birds etc and how much Store TP you needed with an X-delay weapon to achieve a 6 hit.

Anyone know or could provide me with a list of these two things?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus View Post
    I don't remember if I read this on BG, KI, or Zam, but there was a list of what acc you needed to be around to be considered capped on events like Salvage/Nyzul/Dynamis/Mamools/Birds etc
    Could this be part of what you're looking for?

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...81208115236557

(also this if you wanna run by the math on it). Never seen a list for events, though. If there is one, I'd be very interested in seeing it!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Definitely a very simple question, but I've never had to do it before...

I have an account active and I just want to deactivate it. Still want it to be there in the future if it's ever needed again and don't want to lose the character, but don't want to be using it (or paying for it) for the moment. What's the correct action? Cancel contact ID, Delete Character? something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post

Looking at this as well as the fact that normal mobs can resist stun during earth weather or earthsday when they normally cannot.
    What fact ? Did you test it or did you get one resist that happened to be on earth weather ?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Ambir View Post
    Definitely a very simple question, but I've never had to do it before...

I have an account active and I just want to deactivate it. Still want it to be there in the future if it's ever needed again and don't want to lose the character, but don't want to be using it (or paying for it) for the moment. What's the correct action? Cancel contact ID, Delete Character? something else?
    Just cancel all active content IDs.

Windower-ish question:

Is it possible to have two instances of FFXI running via windower, each at different resolutions, or one fullscreen and one in a smaller window? When I two-box, it lags me to hell having two fullscreen instances both running at my "main's" resolution. If it is possible, quick guide on how to do it?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you install windower into two directories you can save seperate resolutions.

Unsure if you could open the smaller resolution with a bigger one open, but I know you can have seperate shortcuts to open the first instance in difference resolutions. So just install windower again in a seperate directory and try it. Can't DB atm or would double check myself.

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    What fact ? Did you test it or did you get one resist that happened to be on earth weather ?
    It's generally accepted, care to provide an example to the contrary?

http://bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62959

Quite a bit of anecdotal evidence there in addition to having NIN/DRK tanked ultima about 6 times and never seeing a resist, but having seen several while on RDM/DRK during an earthsday fight with it.

Stun is most likely treated like a nuke strong to an avatar or elemental; has a minimum stick regardless of your skill on most mobs. The day/weather proc is required to force it to full resist instead of simply being 1/8 or 1/16 resisted.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A bit late, but looking at Thorny's sig, Aksannyi must be an IDDLE mage

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

There's no need for two separate Windower installations. The Windower launcher GUI allows you to save profiles; just save one at each resolution you want (possibly with lowered settings for the smaller resolution one). On my laptop, I run my main at 1024 x 768 and 2nd (and sometimes 3rd) character at 640 x 480. I guess those may seem like small resolutions to some, but I usually have a lot of things open on my desktop (and the ironically named Windows is substandard at window management unless you're tiling or minimizing). YMMV.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Skimmed over the Synergy and Evoliths and saw nothing but a pretty nice BLU sword out of all of the nonsense. Is there anything that has been discovered/created that's worthwhile?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any RDM who says that Convert merits suck because of "MP management" baffles me... more MP is more MP. Apply your apparent management skills to a larger pool and you will produce better results than meritting any of the other group 1s (Ice of course being the other staple).

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I agree with her to the extent that if you can't handle 95% of endgame without major MP problems with a 10 minute timer and 3/tick refresh, someone in your group is doing something wrong, and it's likely you.

Convert merits are definitely useful, like Raen said it just lets you do even more if you're already good at managing things. I have 3 myself, if I were to level RDM fresh I'd probably do 5 but I like my mix of MAcc merits and I've already redone group 2's at least 4 times and am kinda tired of spending merits on RDM, aside from the fact that while the 40 seconds may be really handy in some situations, with a 9 minute timer and 5/tick native I almost never find myself riding my timer down to the second.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Devinry View Post
    Windower-ish question:

Is it possible to have two instances of FFXI running via windower, each at different resolutions, or one fullscreen and one in a smaller window? When I two-box, it lags me to hell having two fullscreen instances both running at my "main's" resolution. If it is possible, quick guide on how to do it?
    The GUI launcher is designed for this, next time you log in make sure your logging in with the gui launcher and just change the resolution.

I always have my main full screened on one monitor and any additional characters windowed and spaced on the other monitor.

I have run 4 at once with no lag this way. (although didn't full screen main, just windowed all 4 so could space two per monitor)

Edit: Bakthi beat me to it.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cooleko View Post
    The GUI launcher is designed for this, next time you log in make sure your logging in with the gui launcher and just change the resolution.

I always have my main full screened on one monitor and any additional characters windowed and spaced on the other monitor.

I have run 4 at once with no lag this way. (although didn't full screen main, just windowed all 4 so could space two per monitor)
    Curious, how does this work control-wise, even though they're on a different monitor do you still have to hit alt+tab to focus on the other characters?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast