Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I know I more or less asked the same question before, but how do you save macros to the server on Xbox 360? I couldn't figure it out with what I was told last time, so explain it like you're talking to a total retard if possible

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

1) Go to character select

2) Hit Alt+Ctrl+Shift+B(backup) to save

3) Go to character select on other system

4) Hit Alt+Ctrl+Shift+R(restore) to load

this applies to all versions

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    1) Go to character select

2) Hit Alt+Ctrl+Shift+B(backup) to save

3) Go to character select on other system

4) Hit Alt+Ctrl+Shift+R(restore) to load

this applies to all versions
    Going by wiki, that's for PC. For Xbox, you need to hit LB + left stick button to save, RB + right button stick to retrieve. And remember that this is character-specific, so highlight the character who's macros, settings etc. you wish to save!

Wiki link: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Macros

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

The keyboard shortcuts should work for all, I've moved my RNG mule's back and forth between 360 and PC several times.

@ people talking about unnecessary mp

If you have mp left over and convert timer is up, throw out two nukes. RDM blizzard3 can reach very acceptable levels of m.acc, obviously there are a few(very very few) situations where RDM cannot use extra mp to nuke, but you shouldn't ever be sitting on mp you have no use for.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    The keyboard shortcuts should work for all, I've moved my RNG mule's back and forth between 360 and PC several times.
    Duh, you're right, I mis-read it. My bad!

and the traveler
    BG Level

i went through search a few times trying to find the answer, and even though its been asked a million times i'll ask it again!

whats the hierarchy of zerg weaps for drk?

kraken > m kris > b.zagh/ridill/octave/fort/etc ?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Kraken > Octave > Mkris > lolwhyamizergingondrkatthispoint?

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

On that note, is WAR a viable zerg job if a good zerg weapon isn't available on DRK? If so, how do Fort/Perdu/Rune line up?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    It's generally accepted, care to provide an example to the contrary?

http://bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62959

Quite a bit of anecdotal evidence there in addition to having NIN/DRK tanked ultima about 6 times and never seeing a resist, but having seen several while on RDM/DRK during an earthsday fight with it.

Stun is most likely treated like a nuke strong to an avatar or elemental; has a minimum stick regardless of your skill on most mobs. The day/weather proc is required to force it to full resist instead of simply being 1/8 or 1/16 resisted.
    I'm calling bullshit on this and I don't need to provide proof of 'the opposite" since what you claim is the wierdest thing i've read about magic accuracy and weather proc. What you claim is that stun (and therefore all spells, why would weather only affect stun ?) have a hidden resist state that can only proc during earth day or weather.

I have, for instance, never seen a 1/8 or a 1/16 resist on a Tier IV at pudding camp with my merited BLM (I saw a 1/4), earth weather or not. 1/16 doesn't exist, and the supposed "tier jumping" that you are describing doesn't happen since you don't even see 1/8 resists.

A simple explanation as to why you "only" see more resists during weather is either due to straight - magic accuracy or a lower magic accuracy cap like job traits, which would make the lowest resist form more frequent.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

uhhh I've only fought him once myself with an unprepared shell that ended in disaster, but wouldn't this be easy to test on something like KV? Is there an abnormal amount of stun resists on him? If I'm not mistaken he's typically fought during earth weather and with Chainstun, is that incorrect?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

What should RDM merits look like? D: I asked this question a while ago, but meh.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

ehh depends on the camp, 5/5 Slow II is the only sure thing. Many people prefer 5 Convert 5 Ice for group 1, I personally did 3 Convert 3 Ice 2 Wind 2 Earth.

Group 2 depends on if you plan on doing a lot of solo or a lot of party/alliance play. Slow II maxed either way, if you'll be only soloing max Bio III, if you'll be primarily tank party RDM, Phalanx II is nice with 2+ merits but not exactly crucial. I have 5 Slow 3 Para 2 Phalanx and am pretty happy with the setup, Para II isn't much better than Para I, especially not for the cost, but better is better and I stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Despain View Post
    What should RDM merits look like? D: I asked this question a while ago, but meh.
    If your group 1 rdm merits don't include 5 convert then you're doing it wrong. Ignore what people say they prefer over them as there is nothing better. The remaining 5 merits change based on what you plan to do with rdm, solo makes use of ice, if you fight things that might resist slow then earth is good etc.

Group 2 is completely dependant on what you're using rdm for and I'm sure you can figure that out based on your own judgement.

Slow II at 5/5 is no sure thing as the potency increase in anything over slow to slow II is very small. The best arguement would be for accuracy of the spell but if your slow II resists then you can cast slow and relayer slow II when timer is up.

5/5 Bio III will significantly speed up certain solos, 5/5 phalanx II can be very useful if you do a lot of lowman salvage etc.

The only sure thing in group 2 is that you will want atleast 1 merit in slow II and para II. This is because any decent rdm will benefit from being able to reach higher potency on slow II as opposed to slow. Your strongest para can be overwritten by another rdm wearing full AF using para II so you'll want to prevent that.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I thought with a enough mnd you can cap slow II at about 3/5. I thought I had read about that somewhere, prob wrong though.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I had left mine at 3 for the longest time thinking that as well, though I saw afterwards that the actual cap raises with more merits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fottiti View Post

The only sure thing in group 2 is that you will want atleast 1 merit in slow II and para II. .
    The only good spell of cat 2 merit is dia III, any rdm should do it.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Cause more Slow is bad

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    or a lower magic accuracy cap like job traits, which would make the lowest resist form more frequent.
    essentially the same thing as an X% chance of increasing resist by one tier for anything except stun

Provide a screenshot of stun resisting on a normal mob without earthsday/weather or shut the fuck up.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Group 1 I have 3 convert, 2 ice, 2 wind and 3 earth maacc.
    Group 2 is 5/5 slowII and 5/5 phalanxII. I rarely solo anything, I'm mainly tank pt rdm, and I made sure I have the enhancing magic skill to back up that 5/5 phalanxII.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast