BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Rainewaters View Post
    Saw a cursed coat -1 in rollenmall for 15mil. HQ is +11macc and -5 emnity, and nq is +10macc and -4emnity. NQ is about 50k. Is it worth the whitebox?
    I guess if you're super serious about BRD and have absolutely nothing else to spend 15m on?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    I guess if you're super serious about BRD and have absolutely nothing else to spend 15m on?
    I honestly think it's not worth more than 4-7mil, but it's such a rare hq the logic kinda went away. It's kinda rediculous really that 1 extra mac is cause for another 14.5mil price tag. Something I don't understand in general is why +1 are so overpriced in the first place...1-2mil more than the nq cursed is fine, but 10mil+ more is kinda...idk.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Rarity factor.

In order to start looking for treasure coffers with artifact do you have to start the hands? Or is it the last AF quest, I really don't wanna start the hands <,<

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    In order to start looking for treasure coffers with artifact do you have to start the hands? Or is it the last AF quest, I really don't wanna start the hands <,<
    Hands.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

What's a decent level to switch to dagger on dancer?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rainewaters View Post
    I honestly think it's not worth more than 4-7mil, but it's such a rare hq the logic kinda went away. It's kinda rediculous really that 1 extra mac is cause for another 14.5mil price tag. Something I don't understand in general is why +1 are so overpriced in the first place...1-2mil more than the nq cursed is fine, but 10mil+ more is kinda...idk.
    Crafting tactic. Back when high level crafters were rare they would sell items at a loss in order to prevent peole who couldn't Hq out the ass from being able to profit on nqs and even being able to skillup without crippling their wallet. That's why Nq's sell at a loss mostly.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

What's the proper way to add DoT and WS damages?

Let's say we have a 60/40 split in DoT and WS damage

Weapons A vs Weapons B

DoT
    Weapons A has a 5% increase to weapon B

WS
    Weapons A does 93% of the damage of weapon B

For example (lower delay offhand will increase frequency even w/ the lower tp/hit but since mainhanding same weapon in both comparisons the huge dmg/hit increase goes away)

Would the correct way to do this be:
    (1.05 x .7) dot + (.93 x .3) ws = 1.014 = 1.4% total increase?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Havok Stormblood
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

What level can I start exping on gob pets in gustav, PLing myself? Going to be on cor, so i figured ice shots will help. Is 45 high enough? Never gone before 48 or so.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Also for DNC, reverse flourish vs building when DDing? they have the same recast, so i figured it wouldn't be worth using building vs the mass tp gain of reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    What's the proper way to add DoT and WS damages?

Let's say we have a 60/40 split in DoT and WS damage

Weapons A vs Weapons B

DoT
    Weapons A has a 5% increase to weapon B

WS
    Weapons A does 93% of the damage of weapon B

For example (lower delay offhand will increase frequency even w/ the lower tp/hit but since mainhanding same weapon in both comparisons the huge dmg/hit increase goes away)

Would the correct way to do this be:
    (1.05 x .7) dot + (.93 x .3) ws = 1.014 = 1.4% total increase?
    Well, to start with, it looks like you changed from 60/40 to 70/30?

If it's 70dot/30ws, then ya, 1.05*.7 is the new DoT, and .93*.3 is the new WS....that being said, are you sure that you lose that much? If you lower base damage by 7%, you're not lowering WS by anywhere near that much due to fSTR+WSC.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

yea I changed those on accident to 70/30, and those numbers I just pulled out of my ass. Was just looking for a sample on how to add them correctly.

As for losing that much, it was mainly losing much more by frequency and NOT making it up via DMG+ because of the DMG+ on WS not being worth nearly as much. For the DoT the comparison I'll be doing myself will be where the DoT still comes ahead on the stronger based pair but only slightly, then losing to WS because the dmg+ doesn't make up for the decrease in delay now.

Edit:

Hmm making up a quick example, let's say we have 2 combos

1 combo ends up being DMG 70 (35 and 35) per attack round, 450 delay
    combo 2 ends up being 61(35 and 26) DMG, per attack round, 400 delay

In terms of combo 1
    70/61 = 14.75% increase

1/(450/400) = 88.89% as fast as combo II

1.1475 x .8889 = 2% increase

Ignoring fstr wsc and tp/hit for now, just saying that since mainhand dagger is the main portion (except the offhand hit at the end) of ws dmg, should be the same for both, so now we have for WS

1/(450/400) = 88.89% as fast as combo II and the same DMG instead of a 14.75% increase

So that's where i was coming up w/ the DoT/WS ratio part. We'll say 70/30

(1.02 x .7) + (.8889 x .3) = 98% as strong as combo II

In actuality, have to compare tp/hit as well and wsc + fstr, but yea was just running a quick general comparison to illustrate the point.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wiki notes each point of snapshot is -2% delay.

Is the Snapshot +5 on ACP body, 5% or is that 10% (ie. 2% per)?

Also, how much snapshot % is the "Enhances Snapshot effect" on COR AF2 Hands?

TIA

Kuroyou

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by trixter View Post
    I changed to /NIN and daggers at 20, even though I didn't get Utsusemi yet, because that's when decent daggers finally occur.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyou View Post
    Wiki notes each point of snapshot is -2% delay.

Is the Snapshot +5 on ACP body, 5% or is that 10% (ie. 2% per)?
    You're misunderstanding the wiki. RNG Cat.2 Snapshot MERITS are -2% per point. The SS on ACP body is 5%

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trixter View Post
    It depends how you are leveling it. If you're in a party, you should probably use 2x daggers at 34 and go Sword/Dagger or DNC/MNK with H2H before that. However, I've switched to a dagger a few times and always gone back to sword as DNC/BST. I'm 50 now and I still use Sword. Of course, I'm only fighting EM-low Ts and I'm using Reverse Flourish to spam Fast Blade, so it's unrealistic for party purposes.

Edit:
    Here is my set I'm using atm solo- http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=127946
    I really recommend /BST for DNC. It removes most of the weaknesses of the job solo (namely its DD problem). Because you aren't tanking all the time, you increase your DD output as well and spamming steps helps your pets hold hate while you're getting finishing moves for Reverse Flourish and WSs. Not to mention that you could solo most of the monsters you're fighting and your pet at the same time most of the time just with durability.

Is it more efficient to go TH4 THF + RDM dualbox for farming smoky flasks then warp and change to ninja, or simply go on ninja when attempting to shut up retards in a thread that isn't very advanced? I have insomnia and don't want to keep girl awake moving around in bed.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Is it more efficient to go TH4 THF + RDM dualbox for farming smoky flasks then warp and change to ninja, or simply go on ninja when attempting to shut up retards in a thread that isn't very advanced? I have insomnia and don't want to keep girl awake moving around in bed.
    Considering Smoky Flask drop rate, THF+RDM and switch.

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    You only have to talk to the galka in upper jeuno, don't need to finsih the quest or kill the bomb. After talking you can get all coffers drop and the final AF from quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Obviously it's to stay on rdm+THF and kill the NM..

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast