Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Random Question Thread VI: I'm No Mathologist, But...

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    This thread is for off-the-cuff questions that don't merit a full topic to answer. "What should I wear for my level 65 pup? What's the best way to learn the Qutrub Blu spell?"

Original thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16257
    Thread the Second.

DOUBLE RANDOM.

RANDOM III
    RANDOM IV: ADRIAAAAAAAAAAN
    RANDOM V: SIX HIT SIX HIT SIX HIT

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Answering old question:
    elemental obis from sea: nukes only or do they work for debuffs like slow as well? i'm being told nukes only by some friends but otherwiki has no info in the discussion pages.
    I'm no mathotologist, but I think it's currently in debate as of now. Before, it was believed that obis granted 10 MAB and 10 Magic ACC. The former is confirmed, so it's known to make nukes better (And suspected to grant Helixes full duration). The latter is unconfirmed, so until this is proven or disproved, your question yields no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Answering old question:

I'm no mathotologist, but I think it's currently in debate as of now. Before, it was believed that obis granted 10 MAB and 10 Magic ACC. The former is confirmed, so it's known to make nukes better (And suspected to grant Helixes full duration). The latter is unconfirmed, so until this is proven or disproved, your question yields no answer.
    They don't give 10 MAB for the 8 millionth time. A weather proc or day proc(both roughly 1/4 chance) will give a modifier of .1 to your overall damage. A double weather proc(also roughly 1/4 chance, in the case of double weather there's only one roll not seperate ones for the 2 icons) adds a modifier of .25. For example, during day and double weather, if both proc(1/16 chance), your damage is multiplied by 1.35. This is not the equivalent of 35 MAB.

Example: 1000 base damage spell, blm75 has 32 natural MAB, 5 from morri robe, 5 from hands, 5 from set, 5 from moldy, 7 from novio, 8 from ugga pendant, 10 from sorcerer's ring.. 77 total.

Now, 1000 base damage * 1.72(MAB) = 1720 damage. If you add 10 MAB(weather), you'd get 1000 * 1.82 = 1820 damage.. but that's not what it does. A weather proc on a 1720 damage nuke will literally multiply damage by 1.1 and increase it to 1892 damage.

Looking at this as well as the fact that normal mobs can resist stun during earth weather or earthsday when they normally cannot, it's most likely that weather's effect on accuracy is the ability to force resist to go higher one tier or lower one tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Haroun View Post
    While robonosto's blog is very well put together, he only looks for a direct effect on accuracy itself. My hypothesis(supported by anecdotal evidence to a lesser extent and stun being resisted on earth day/weather to a greater extent) is that in addition to the ~1/4 chance of a corresponding day increasing damage, there's also a ~1/4 chance of a corresponding day increasing accuracy by one tier(half resist does full damage, 1/4 resist does half damage etc) and of an opposing day decreasing it in the same way.

Stun can be partially resisted, but not fully unless it's earthsday or weather on many normal mobs. This is the strongest example there is, which is why I keep repeating it. A partial resist with a day proc can cause stun to resist on earthsday(in my hypothesis), which is why it is such a rare occurance. It cannot happen on other days unless there is earth weather. Any career RDM will tell you they experience more bind and blizzard resists on firesday.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Stun can be partially resisted, but not fully unless it's earthsday or weather on many normal mobs. This is the strongest example there is, which is why I keep repeating it. A partial resist with a day proc can cause stun to resist on earthsday(in my hypothesis), which is why it is such a rare occurance. It cannot happen on other days unless there is earth weather. Any career RDM will tell you they experience more bind and blizzard resists on firesday.
    If this is true, go out with an earth obi (lol) and cast stun on mobs under those conditions. This will guarantee 100% proc on weather/day and should mean 100% resist of stun. I'm away from home for the holidays otherwise I'd run out the Mt. Zhaolym (spelling is horrendous I know) and go to town on some puddings during earth weather.

... after I spent time in sea getting the damn organs for that obi.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    If this is true, go out with an earth obi (lol) and cast stun on mobs under those conditions. This will guarantee 100% proc on weather/day and should mean 100% resist of stun. I'm away from home for the holidays otherwise I'd run out the Mt. Zhaolym (spelling is horrendous I know) and go to town on some puddings during earth weather.

Did you even read what he said?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post

The obi, if it even has a negative effect (Not sure it does) on spells, will only satisfy one portion of the requirements if I'm reading this correctly. Essentially, you need:

1. A partial resist on Stun (Not satisfied by the Obi)
    2. A weather proc on Stun (May or may not be affected by the Obi)

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    The obi, if it even has a negative effect (Not sure it does) on spells, will only satisfy one portion of the requirements if I'm reading this correctly. Essentially, you need:

1. A partial resist on Stun (Not satisfied by the Obi)
    2. A weather proc on Stun (May or may not be affected by the Obi)
    The obi will satisfy condition #2.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there a way that I could replace the Darter .dat in Dragon's Aery with a Chigoe dat? I figured this could be really useful if the Darters would become untargetable as long as they weren't aggroed, but then if they did become targetable for whatever reason, I'd be able to do mage-type things to them.

Also, if I could get the .dat file numbers themselves that would be awesomesauce :3

Xaru

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku_Asura View Post
    Is there a way that I could replace the Darter .dat in Dragon's Aery with a Chigoe dat? I figured this could be really useful if the Darters would become untargetable as long as they weren't aggroed, but then if they did become targetable for whatever reason, I'd be able to do mage-type things to them.

Also, if I could get the .dat file numbers themselves that would be awesomesauce :3
    I think that the fact Chigoe can't be targetted is nothing to do with DAT file, and more to do with the mob's "status" as untargettable--otherwise you could do the reverse for Shikigami Weapon

Woodwork Football Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

From the last thread, RE Horns of War -- still looking for answers to any/all of these.

Is it normal for it to spam Thunderbolt back to back (2-3 times in a row), or did we just get really unlucky?

Is it possible to Stun Chlevnik? If so, does skill make a difference (i.e. do you need to be BLM to land it with any consistency or would RDM/DRK suffice)?

Have there been any edits to the BC since most videos of it were made (10 months or more ago)?

Last of all, what would be the most viable setup for a trio?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shakki View Post
    From the last thread, RE Horns of War -- still looking for answers to any/all of these.

Is it normal for it to spam Thunderbolt back to back (2-3 times in a row), or did we just get really unlucky?

Is it possible to Stun Chlevnik? If so, does skill make a difference (i.e. do you need to be BLM to land it with any consistency or would RDM/DRK suffice)?

Have there been any edits to the BC since most videos of it were made (10 months or more ago)?

Last of all, what would be the most viable setup for a trio?
    I think it had Regain, but I don't remember ever seeing TP spam from it.

She's Stun-proof.

BLM x2 + RDM?

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Lowest job level to receive XP from Slaughterhouse III?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'd assume same as all Ops, which is lvl 10 I think.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Saber dance's DA apply to WS as well?

Which hands to use for Dnc DE and Kleos, provided Enikdu isn't available?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phede Mihnao
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Best ways to avoid dying horribly on WAR in dynamis-xarcabard? Quadrastrike, Level 5 Petrify, Condemnation, and Eyes On Me all suck horribly.

And is there a way to get chatmon to give off a sound whenever a teleport is shouted? Tried this and it didn't exactly work:
    Code:
    <trigger match="Teleport" from="Shout" sound="Talk" />
    <trigger match="Recall" from="Shout" sound="Talk" />

Quote Originally Posted by Feedmenow View Post
    Best ways to avoid dying horribly on WAR in dynamis-xarcabard? Quadrastrike, Level 5 Petrify, Condemnation, and Eyes On Me all suck horribly
    Change race to elvaan or galka or tp in rajas/d.ring. Really, it's about having debuffs up and competent mages more than anything else.. you'll have fluke deaths but shouldn't happen very often.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I need help finding 2 things on BG. Been searching a lot and can't find them.

(1) Ebody drama thread where someone ally disbands to prevent LS mate from getting it (06?). If not the thread, just server or names so I can find it.
    (2) Pic from the "Taj hacks into Atomos" thread where he turns the wall into Ashira's sig. This one: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ra/ashisig.jpg. Pic was removed and I can't find a copy of it.

Thanks!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phede Mihnao
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hate the random deaths, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    I need help finding 2 things on BG. Been searching a lot and can't find them.

(1) Ebody drama thread where someone ally disbands to prevent LS mate from getting it (06?). If not the thread, just server or names so I can find it.
    (2) Pic from the "Taj hacks into Atomos" thread where he turns the wall into Ashira's sig. This one: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ra/ashisig.jpg. Pic was removed and I can't find a copy of it.

Thanks!
    (1): https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Breaking_the_Alliance
    (2) Not even the slightest clue on how to help you if a general search doesn't work. Sorry

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast