Closed Thread

Thread: Looking for guild (horde)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Looking for guild (horde)

No doubt some of you have seen the rantings I've made over the guild I'm in now, and I've about had enough; I don't need stress from a videogame. Lately they've taken to simply not even bothering to raid beyond a single ICC to help gear up others so we can run multiple raids at once (ironic, considering they filter people for ICC based on their current gear), and my willingness to help organize and lead falls on deaf ears. The small collective of people who've actually befriended me unfortunately don't pull any weight either and aren't made up of the right class mixes to just go off and do it ourselves.

So, I'm looking for a new home, preferably someplace that actively does 25 man content and HARD MODES. Regular content is fine for about the first two weeks, but I want to do something challenging; I spent an unhealthy amount of time when 70 was the cap seeing how many dungeons I could solo, how many monsters I could train around and kill at once, so forth and so on. It makes things more interesting. I'm not looking specifically for a top 100 server or anything, I just want someplace that wants to challenge themselves, and not just smash and grab the loot in the easiest way possible. Oh, and doing it as a team, not an order-barking narcissistic jerk acting like she has to herd 24 sheep around.

The avenues I've already explored have been some mixture of either not having enough experience already (with hard modes, particularly), not being as hardcore as they'd like (sorry, not dropping herbalism to spend thousands of gold and eek out what maybe amounts to 100 extra dps, the money is too good ), or simply bad luck and not having room for a feral tank and/or dps.

In case it matters, I'm 24, uncommitted, living with family but completely independent of them and can dictate my own schedule; I'm online most weeknights somewhere between 6 and 11 pm (I try not to go to midnight on weeknights since I do have to be up at 5 the next morning for work, but I've been known to do it for the sake of a good time). Available most anytime weekends as well, though I tend to take a chunk out for catching up on weekly TV and non-wow gaming just for a change of pace (as well as RL upkeep, laundry etc).

My armory is in my signature. I can provide wowhead profiles for my different gear sets if you'd like if the armory is showing something funky, and some WOL reports for both tanking and dps ability.

I'm not opposed to server transfers. Not really keen on faction switching though, night elves are ugly

Maybe I'm being too picky, but it is what it is. Thanks for looking.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Might wanna log out in pve gear.

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Like I said, I logout in weird stuff all the time. I have 4 sets of gear I use regularly, plus I'm doing master of arms and loremaster so I often have a piece of shit weapon on to train that up.

I'll pull together some wowhead profiles if you want to see my gear, and can accompany it with screenshots of char sheet so you know I'm not trying to bullshit you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

wow-heroes.com is useful for that I think

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Not really, I've been kicked from pug raids cause wowheroes or be.imba cached me with some screwy piece of gear and it put me way out of band, so people think my gear is terrible without actually looking at the list.

It's perhaps slightly less probable to catch an oddity, but still quite frequently possible.