+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Question about bluetooth and PS3

So I'm late to this party. Can you have a bluetooth headset paired to both an iPhone and a PS3 at the same time? If so, how would that work with calls? If not, how to I switch between the two? Do I have to repair after every switch?

Sorry if this is pretty stupid but I did a bit of google sleuthing to no avail.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

iv never seen a device that paired with 2 things at the same time.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Can't confirm, but I'm going to say no. Most (if not all) receivers can only be paired with 1 host, even though some host devices can be paired with multiple receivers.

If it is possible, then I'm sure it would have to be a feature on the headset itself allowing it to switch profiles in some way.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In my experience the headset wouldn't even work with a phone unless you put it into "cell mode" by holding the power button down until the charge light started blinked. (Tested with a LG AX585 & Nokia 6255i.)

Even if bluetooth devices support multiple hosts (which I admit I don't know) the PS3 headset is limited because it [seemingly, maybe smarter phones pickup on mode 1 or whatever] only works in either PS3 mode or cell mode.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I'm going to say no, simply because you'd have two devices trying to access the same signal. It's like your wifi, you can't double dip.