The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Week 17: A season in review

Time to take a look back all the way to week one and see how those predictions panned out.

NFC East - Philly - Still very possible
    NFC North - Green Bay - Incorrect, but very good season
    NFC South - New Orleans Saints - Correct!
    NFC West - Seattle - LOL

AFC East - New England - Correct
    AFC North - Pittsburgh - Hey, I picked the bengals to go .500
    AFC South - Houston Texans - Tried to outthink the room here
    AFC West - San Diego - Was it really that hard?

Wildcards
    Indi, Tennessee
    Minnesota, NY Giants

So I likely got 7 playoff teams correct out of 12. That's pretty terrible.

Week 1 thread is funny as hell to read now. Just an example, Deejay replying to my pick of Philly to win the NFC east.

But nevermind their holes at DB, their inability to move the ball on the ground against us or stop our pass rush. Your only real argument for them is to rely on Andy Reid's fat ass to do more with less.

The Eagles are a good team, but they're as inconsistent as they are talented. They fucking won 9 games over a 17 week season last year, and you expect them to finish ahead of the Giants in a stacked NFC East?

No, you give me a break.
    Find the thread here.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81242

This weeks picks, too lazy to do spreads and shit, plus it's week 17. Never bet week 17.

Indianapolis at Buffalo - Matt Painter

Jacksonville at Cleveland - Jax still has slim playoff hopes as far as I know. They'll play their asses off.

Chicago at Detroit - Detroit has nothing to look forward to here other than solidifying the 2nd pick of the draft.

San Francisco at St. Louis - Going to go out on a limb here and say that St. Louis plays really really well in this last game and pulls an upset.

Pittsburgh at Miami - Chad Henne throwing it 50 times a game just isn't gettind it done, and you're not going to accomplish much against Pitt on the ground. Pitt takes this game.

NY Giants at Minnesota - Brandon Jacobs is out, and that's huge...BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Minnesota wins to keep the 2 seed.

Atlanta at Tampa Bay - Matt Ryan played really well in his return, but Tampa also played incredibly well in their last game. Tampa rides the bravado and wins a close one.

New Orleans at Carolina - D Will is out correct? New Orleans has the one seed locked down, no reason to really play here. Carolina wins.

New England at Houston - Bill B is a wiley motherfucker, New England starters play the game, Houston goes down.

Green Bay at Arizona - I don't know if Arizona really has much to play for here. Neither does green bay though. Who really cares who wins this game, they'll play the real one in next game.

Washington at San Diego - Last game for Jim Zorn, the players are going to play their hearts out. The chargers will ride pine like champs. Washington wins big.

Tennessee at Seattle - CJ is going to put up 150+ yards in this game. That's a given. That pretty much means Tennessee is going to win.

Baltimore at Oakland - Oakland beats good teams and loses to bad teams. That's a really long road trip for Baltimore. Upset of the week, Oakland over Baltimore.

Philadelphia at Dallas - How the fuck was this game not the flex game. Noone gives a shit about letting the retarded kid (Jets) into the prom. What the fuck are they doing there, you don't belong here. There's a lot on the line in this game, far more than in the Jets game. I really like Dallas' chances, but I think ultimately, Philly is going to pull it out.

Kansas City at Denver - Denver has to win to have playoff chances. Denver wins big.

Cincinnati at NY Jets - Cinci will likely rest starters in order to get the chance to play the jets a 2nd time when it counts, which would be one of the easier matchups. NYJ hit the lottery and make the playoffs.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Doesn't Bernard Pollard play on the Texans now?

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

I actually agree with your pics this week.. gj

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

BenRapistburger vs Tyche's Tunafish.

Pick of the week.

Ridill
    BG Level

My sister got a Troy Polamalu jersey for Christmas cuz she won't wear rapistburger's anymore lol.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Pretty much beat me to it, I agree with those picks except for the 49ners and the Colts game as well, Painter isn't amazing but fuck it's Buffalo.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

One thing wrong with your predictions if the vikings and eagles win, eagles will keep the 2 seed

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

I think San Francisco will probably win, but we have only won 1 road game the entire season, so St. Louis definitely has a decent chance.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Rydir View Post
    One thing wrong with your predictions if the vikings and eagles win, eagles will keep the 2 seed
    ^

Upset of the week Cowboys over Eagles.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    if the cowboys win the nfc east i will put the cowboys star in my avatar until june
    Maybe I might root for the Cowboys. I'm not sure.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

"He sure hasn't been elite in Chicago. If the Bears can fix the problems, he can rejoin." John Clayton in reference to Jay Cutler. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=4781193
    All I can say is...pwned.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Week 1 thread is funny as hell to read now. Just an example, Deejay replying to my pick of Philly to win the NFC east.
    What can I say, the injury bug killed us this year. I don't really think anyone predicted that Desean Jackson would go from being a standout Rookie to an absolute game changer in one season. Even without Old man Westbrook, the Iggles passing attack is lethal. I hope they go all the way this year. McNabb deserves it.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

I hope they do too, they have one of the few starters from my school.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Tennessee at Seattle - CJ is going to put up 150+ yards in this game. That's a given. That pretty much means Tennessee is going to win.
    You know Seattle has only allowed one rusher to get over 100 yards this season?

It is about to be 2.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    What can I say, the injury bug killed us this year. I don't really think anyone predicted that Desean Jackson would go from being a standout Rookie to an absolute game changer in one season. Even without Old man Westbrook, the Iggles passing attack is lethal. I hope they go all the way this year. McNabb deserves it.
    Doesn't help that your 260lb running back is a bigger bitch than Tom Brady, and that's from a pats fan lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Serif View Post

It is about to be 2.
    That's just because teams know our secondary can't cover anything so there's no need to run the ball.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I want the skins' to get blown out this week and top every embarrassing moment in the past 10 years from 72-0 to Gibbs' back to back time out. Orakpo is going to still beast it up on defense though and break Rivers' femur.

GATTACA!

BG Level

My homer pick is Falcons over the Bucs, if you haven't heard we haven't had back to back winning seasons in our entire freaking existence, the guys are going to be busting their asses for 9-7. The Bucs are kind of on a roll too so it should be a good game.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serif View Post
    Sure, they didn't allow a Green Bay rusher over 100 yards.

But they did give up 6 touchdowns to Green Bay running backs.

Just sayin'

All I hope is that the Vikings lose their early game, so that the Cards/Packers and Cowboys/Eagles games have extra meaning. Vikings win = guaranteed Cards/Pack rematch, yawn.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm still shocked that the Eagles- Boys game isn't primetime.

Anyway, I still think that this game is very much up in the air, either team can win and Dallas has raped their December curse. So why not a win in January?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast