+ Reply to Thread
    Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Problems with new Comp build.

Ok, you knew it was bound to come. So I made it all the way to where I boot up my system/ I turn it on for the first time, and my problem is I cannot get a keyboard to work, or for my monitor to get a display. My keyboard I have is a USB wireless, I have spare purple plugged ones, but those didn't work either. I have used this graphics card before. (HD Radeon 5770) on my old comp, but I just cannot seem to get my computer monitor to show anything. Also, the boot diplay on the LED on the MB says FF. Everything seems to be working. If it helps I have an EVGA X58 MB. Suggestions?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bik Pik
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

How far into the boot up process are you getting?
    Is your PC making any beeps?
    How is your monitor plugged into the PC, do you have onboard video?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

FF means fully functional, so you're okay there. If there was something wrong with the mobo you'd see an error code on it.

First of all you definitely want to use a PS/2 keyboard (the purple connector) when you first boot it up. USB sometimes doesn't work.

Second, make sure your graphics card is in the right slot.. It should be in the slot closest to the processor (See this article for pictures: http://www.evga.com/articles/00438/) and try to have it connected via a VGA cable (the blue connector). If it still doesn't work, try using a different monitor.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bikpik View Post
    How far into the boot up process are you getting?
    Is your PC making any beeps?
    How is your monitor plugged into the PC, do you have onboard video?
    I'm not sure really, all my LED's turn on on my MB, everything seemed to work. I don't think the PC is making any beeps, I am at work so cannot check until I get home and I plugged my monitor into the graphics card via HDMI and DVI to make sure. No onboard video chipset, just checked.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-049-_-Product

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    FF means fully functional, so you're okay there. If there was something wrong with the mobo you'd see an error code on it.

First of all you definitely want to use a PS/2 keyboard (the purple connector) when you first boot it up. USB sometimes doesn't work.

Second, make sure your graphics card is in the right slot.. It should be in the slot closest to the processor (See this article for pictures: http://www.evga.com/articles/00438/) and try to have it connected via a VGA cable (the blue connector). If it still doesn't work, try using a different monitor.
    Ok, I only been using DVI/HDMI, I can try VGA. And I will try again with another house keyboard with the purple connector.

If it isn't making a single beep noise, then it isn't POSTing.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by njitjk68 View Post
    If it isn't making a single beep noise, then it isn't POSTing.
    So if I go home, and it doesn't make a beep noise and it happens to not be posting. How would I go by fixing that, is it maybe a wrong connector somewhere? Need to plug something in? Bad MB?

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Fixed everything, nvm!

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

After a 2 days running, I am having 1 problem with my computer. About 1-2x a day, not exactly sure time frame in between when it happens, but my computer will freeze, leaving the screen frozen with whatever I was working on, and a loud buzzing coming from my speakers, leaving nothing but to push the power button and restart my computer that way left. I don't think it is my graphics card, because if that was the case I should be able to still do some things. But this completely locks my computer.

Edit: This is fucking annoying. It freezes, and I can only move my mouse and do NOTHING else. Then once I hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE my computer freezes, and I can only force shut it down.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Hmmmmmm... double check the case wiring to the motherboard maybe something's cross-wired like the reset wire to the speaker out or something funky like that.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Re-checked and double re-checked. I am completely baffled and done everything I can think of. I haven't changed a THING, and after a day it starts to freeze sucks. I gave it to my friend at a computer store, he's gonna run some diagnostics see if its a faulty MOBO or something, other than that, I'm stuck.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have a problem similar to this with my pc atm. I just upgraded to a new mobo, not the same one you have tho, and it freezes at least once a day now. But my mouse doesn't work, the pc completely freezes. I'd be interested to hear what your friend comes up with tho.