Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why exactly is Ninurta's Sash worth more than say, Mars's ring? Mars's looks like a much bigger upgrade over the other available items to me.

Unless people are that desperate for 6% haste on the mage jobs not on v/speed belt?

Rajas + Blitz often being a prefered option for those jobs that can use both items, while the Sash is going to be the best in every situation?

Edit: I know some jobs cant use Blitz and would love Mar's, but taking WAR, DRKs and DRGs out of the discussion already is making for a noticiable less amount of people going crazy about it compared to the Sash.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    Why exactly is Ninurta's Sash worth more than say, Mars's ring? Mars's looks like a much bigger upgrade over the other available items to me.

Unless people are that desperate for 6% haste on the mage jobs not on v/speed belt?
    The drop rate i would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post

cause puppetmaster can't wear speed belt obviously!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I've honestly had a hard debate on this one. I would want an aureole personally, but it would a mistake (I believe) to choose this option when it comes to my wallet. I'd say gil if I had a seller for an aureole, or sash if I could find a buyer for it or a package of trades (which seems like a very likely scenario when it would come to unloading the sash).

As said in another thread- the tough call comes down to taking something you want and probably can't ever get, or taking the best financial option and hope to set up the ability to buy what you want.

Of course, there will always be the Dring debate, the only truly rare/ex option you can't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    I've honestly had a hard debate on this one. I would want an aureole personally, but it would a mistake (I believe) to choose this option when it comes to my wallet. I'd say gil if I had a seller for an aureole, or sash if I could find a buyer for it or a package of trades (which seems like a very likely scenario when it would come to unloading the sash).

As said in another thread- the tough call comes down to taking something you want and probably can't ever get, or taking the best financial option and hope to set up the ability to buy what you want.

Of course, there will always be the Dring debate, the only truly rare/ex option you can't buy.
    aureole is probably the most under rated item as it's just as rare and multiple times more useful than a sash. Lets face it you can get haste +6% in your waist already you cant get magic acc +8 on your ammo slot. There's really nothing that can come close to comparing to it.

edit: Or something close to it at the very least (4% haste if you can't wear speed belt) and for mar's ring a snipers ring +1 and a divisor ring can come closer as well but nothing has anything near magic acc +8 and the only other item that has similar stats is fair amount behind it

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Who gives a shit about mages when you can tpburn everything?

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's true that Aureole is a bigger improvement, although for some Ninurta's Sash is like one of those pipedreams that could come true.

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    aureole is probably the most under rated item as it's just as rare and multiple times more useful than a sash. Lets face it you can get haste +6% in your waist already you cant get magic acc +8 on your ammo slot. There's really nothing that can come close to comparing to it.

edit: Or something close to it at the very least (4% haste if you can't wear speed belt) and for mar's ring a snipers ring +1 and a divisor ring can come closer as well but nothing has anything near magic acc +8 and the only other item that has similar stats is fair amount behind it
    You can get magic acc +16 in your ammo slot.... Makes Aureole look gimp as hell too, thats why noone mentions the Aureole. (Even though it works in CB only)

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Gtype954 View Post
    You can get magic acc +16 in your ammo slot.... Makes Aureole look gimp as hell too, thats why noone mentions the Aureole. (Even though it works in CB only)
    Exactly. It's the same reason people don't use WS gorgets or pole grip/sword strap. Rose Strap's 20sTP and and Bull Torque's 25STR make them look like a joke.

Banned.

BG Level

YEAH, BECAUSE MACC IS SO AWESOME FOR WEAK MOBS THAT YOU'LL HAVE CAPPED LAND RATE ON WITHOUT IT, AMIRITE!?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Who let this guy out of his cage =/

I would pick gil, I don't want/need a sash I don't think, and I'm not really up for finding a buyer for it. Then again I'd probably give it some more debate if I actually did win.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If I won the 1st place prize for Moogle Bonanza, I would pick the "Wake up" option.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure sash would be the most common rank 1 prize chosen this year no? Just the appeal of it alone seems to make it obvious over gil. Honestly I'd be worried about it not netting as much as rank 1 gil if a ton of the people choose it. I mean the sole reason it's so stupidly expensive now is that there's what 6 of them in existence? Think about if there were suddenly 40, which is a little over half of last years rank 1 winners. Also what would calling a GM do after transfering to another server? Only thing I could think of would be like saying you got hacked but then they'd just roll it back wouldn't they?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by dithera686 View Post
    I'm pretty sure sash would be the most common rank 1 prize chosen this year no? Just the appeal of it alone seems to make it obvious over gil. Honestly I'd be worried about it not netting as much as rank 1 gil if a ton of the people choose it. I mean the sole reason it's so stupidly expensive now is that there's what 6 of them in existence? Think about if there were suddenly 40, which is a little over half of last years rank 1 winners. Also what would calling a GM do after transfering to another server? Only thing I could think of would be like saying you got hacked but then they'd just roll it back wouldn't they?
    I think the idea is to tell them you were hacked and to request a free world transport.

Banned.

BG Level

No, if you "forget" to transfer any of your characters, you can move any that you didn't move originally within a week of buying the transfer. You do that by calling a gm, and asking them to move the char.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Neither Mars's or Ninurta are very good upgrades. On my WAR I don't think there's a situation I'd use Mars's... ever since Pizza+1 came out anyway. Polearm in merits when aggressor is down, perhaps.

If someone pays 80M for 6 attack or 1 ACC/8 attack you're a fucking epic negotiator and/or a lucky bastard and since I'm not the jealous type you fully deserve the 80M.