+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolargod View Post
    I'm not sure, I always thought deductibles were charged at the beginning of the year by all insurances? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's how it goes.
    How are you a fucking doctor?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Are you sure an M.D. is removing it and not a MBChB/MBBS or D.O.?

Kidding aside, lap procedures have very little downtime. I've observed a bunch of laparoscopic appendectomies and I think the downtime would be similar, i.e. you can jog home from the surgery.

Just kidding.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
    my grandma shits a lot now after having her gallbladder removed. not sure if it's related
    My dad does to. I think it's related.

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They can go wrong, but only a small percentage do. I would recommend you research your Dr. for insurance claims against him, to see what prior mistakes he might have had to pay out for, and make sure he is holding good malpractice coverage.

If all goes well you'll feel like going home that night. And no, there should be no impact to the rest of your digestive system afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    How are you a fucking doctor?
    Oh please, doctors don't know anything about insurance. They hire people to take care of that for them. Ask any doctor you have about insurance and they'll have you discuss it with their staff. They don't have time to talk about insurance.

On topic,

Xopher, you should probably get a second opinion. I was having pain in the area of my gallbladder and had some ultrasound and CT scans. Nothing was obvious. I got a HIDA scan and they said I have a non-functioning gallbladder and they wanted to take it out. I asked them what would happen if I didn't get it taken out. They explained that I could leave it there and would have to deal with the pain.

I lost some weight and I haven't had any more pain there.

[edit] At Memorial Hermann here in Houston I had some Lithotripsy done on a 6mm kidney stone. I went to the hospital the day before the procedure to do some blood tests, fill out paperwork, get my vitals taken, answer questions, and take care of the billing information. Most hospitals will allow payment plans if you are unable to pay. You will likely meet with a person who is skilled at pushing you to pay as much as you can. Memorial Hermann wanted to know how much I could pay now, and said I would be expecting a phone call from payment services to set up a payment plan.