+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any BG volunteers?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level

any BG volunteers?

So I'm planning on starting to volunteer at a local hospital in the next month, my orientation is in a week, as I submitted my paperwork today. I'm kinda wondering what to expect and what kind of opportunities it will create for me or what I should try and accomplish through the experience. I'm a college student whose working on pre-med courses (gonna major in chem or bio, not sure yet) so I figure having volunteer work on my resume would at least give me some sort of edge in applying for med school.

I was wondering if any of you had experience with volunteering (even if not at a hospital) and those experiences were. It is quite a commitment for someone like me, who is working part time and taking (more than) full time in college.

Any opinions, advice, or warnings would be greatly appreciated!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

When I was doing my clinicals at a hospital I noticed the volunteers all hung out together like some kind of cult. Just keep in mind you're nobody special there, you'll probably be in the way a lot, the patients will treat you like the janitor, the staff will try to take advantage of you as often as possible, and a lot of the other volunteers will either be really old people (retired so they have nothing better to do) or people in your same situation. It's really cool you're volunteering though, good luck!