+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Love the stills we've gotten, garfield has the chops for it, let's get it.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Everyone said the same thing about the spider man costume from the earlier movies. That turned out to be alright. I'm sure with digital enhancement and whatnot, it'll probably turn out to be okay. I like Garfield's look more than Maguire. He seems more to me like Peter Parker. 'm still skeptical, but I'll go see it anyway.

My only possible gripe is do we need to see another fucking Spider-Man origin? Everyone at this point should know how Peter Parker becomes Spider-Man. And if they don't... well look it the fuck up. Don't waste the screen time doing another origin story. Or do it how the Incredible Hulk (2009) did it. In the credits. That worked just fine.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    My only possible gripe is do we need to see another fucking Spider-Man origin? Everyone at this point should know how Peter Parker becomes Spider-Man. And if they don't... well look it the fuck up. Don't waste the screen time doing another origin story. Or do it how the Incredible Hulk (2009) did it. In the credits. That worked just fine.
    This. Holy shit, make it like the last Super Man reboot in that just pick up the story from someplace and continue on. Half the movie is wasted having to show Peter get bit by a spider, built web shooters, make his suit etc. More time focused on worthwile villan/hero action is what's needed.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BGtemp View Post
    This. Holy shit, make it like the last Super Man reboot in that just pick up the story from someplace and continue on. Half the movie is wasted having to show Peter get bit by a spider, built web shooters, make his suit etc. More time focused on worthwile villan/hero action is what's needed.
    I AGREE WITH YOU SIR. the origin half of movies can be so brutal

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Occasionally we get some exclusive scoops sent our way, and this one is quite interesting. THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, directed by Marc Webb, is currently shooting, though outside of the actors involved and the roles they’re playing, little is known about the plot. Let’s review a few things. Andrew Garfield (THE SOCIAL NETWORK) is playing Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Emma Stone (EASY A) is playing Gwen Stacy, Rhys Ifans (GREENBERG) is playing Dr. Curt Conners/The Lizard, Martin Sheen is Uncle Ben Parker, Sally Field is Aunt May Parker, Irrfan Khan (SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE) is Nels Van Adder, and Denis Leary (RESCUE ME) is Captain George Stacy. Now we know that Spidey fights The Lizard in this movie, that much is common knowledge, but we’re hearing about another scene that could be quite memorable in the film.

One of the primary important crew members (who shall remain nameless) recently let it slip to one of our readers (a trusted one at that) that many of the stunt actors in the film have been spending time in heavy make-up for hours on end because of a fight scene in the film where they’re turning all the S.W.A.T. team guys into reptilian creatures… which I’d assume is some nefarious work of The Lizard. Are these the police guys pictured with Captain Stacy in the helicopter photos, like the one above, or is this something else? Could this also involve Irrfan Khan? Despite him playing the character which in the comics becomes the “Proto-Goblin”, word has it the Proto-Goblin does not appear in the film, or at least Khan wouldn’t become any sort of creature. That doesn’t mean his character couldn’t be responsible for making others into creatures, right? It was rumored Khan was playing a “second villain”, so maybe he’s a villain that makes other creatures, perhaps. Then again maybe Dr. Conners uses his Lizard DNA to transform others into something like him. I guess we’ll find out soon enough, but at least we know there’s going to be a big battle between Spidey and some Lizard-ish SWAT guys, and that sounds… interesting, right?
    http://bigfanboy.com/wp/?p=6423

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Spidey in sweats/coat is funny.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

know its been mention before but now one of the actors has let the cat out of the bag.

"There is not a whole lot to talk about. Sony wants us to be hush-hush right now. I play a relatively small role. I play a construction worker who's son is caught in the middle of a battle between the Lizard and Spider-Man on the Manhattan bridge. Spider-Man helps me get my son back from this perilous situation. There is some payback there at the end of the movie. Spider-man is kind of hurting. I help him when all of the other people won't. Part of the story is, the nation thinks he might be a bad guy. They don't know what to think. Because of my experience on the bridge with my kid, I know he is a good guy. I pitch in and help out at the end. That is the best way."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_837917.html

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

btw that spidey suit is terrible.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-spider-171190
    Columbia isn’t even done shooting The Amazing Spider-Man, its Spider-Man reboot, but it has already begun working on a sequel.
    James Vanderbilt, who penned Amazing, will be back behind the keyboard for the continuation of the new movie franchise.

Vanderbilt had a meeting with the Spider-Man filmmakers and studio execs yesterday outlining his take, getting a thumbs up, and will now begin writing.

Vanderbilt has become part of the Spider-Man family at Columbia, which has enjoyed great success with a tightknit group of creative people. Vanderbilt first worked on Spider-Man 4 for the studio, back when Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire were planning to continue the series. At the time, he was chosen for his character-driven approach to the story rather than a focus on special effects and worked on an outline for a trio of films.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/w...1/04/fiona.jpg

On Monday we received a few reports that they were doing wardrobe fittings and other pre-production work in a New York studio for Fiona’s Tale, which is the working title for The Amazing Spider-Man, so we knew we were getting close to the NYC shoot.

And though we still haven’t seen any more casting calls (remember, the first and only casting calls posted were for filming on April 30th), No Parking/Film Shoot Signs have been posted for Fiona’s Tale filming this week at 133rd & 12th in Manhattan.

We’re still not clear who is filming or what they are filming (it looks like it may still be prep work) but it appears it will be a stunt scene based on the photo below:

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/w.../04/fiona2.jpg

We’ll keep you posted if we hear more about the shoot and be sure to let us know (at [email protected]) if you spot Spider-Man filming or happen to be in the area this week!

Update: Our tipster, @mikecanadate, spoke to one of the crew members who told him, “nothing interesting will happen tonight (4.20). He’s says they’re just testing the rig to make sure they can get it up quickly. He also said that nothing exciting will happen for about 2 more weeks.”
    http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2...new-york-city/

Ridill
    BG Level

I was very correct when I said Emma Stone wouldn't look right as a blonde.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Garfield looks awesome as peter parker.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...34_224x572.jpg

Looks like he's hanging himself.

Which is what he should probably do after this movie fails hard.

what the hell is peter parker doing with a skateboard