+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFXI Windower.... Help ><     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

FFXI Windower.... Help ><

Ok so, I'm completely fail at the computer and even more so with FFXI windower..

I have been able to run two windows at the same time on the same computer before, dual boxing puproses.. more like mule account left to mule while I play my main. But anyhoo.. I load up two windows and get to the title screen for FFXI and it just goes wierd.

* First window loads up fine till it maximizes..
    * Switch to 2nd window to progress onto next step where it maximizes.. and the display is in shades of greens/purples/reds and where there should be text its just dotted boxes.
    *Switch back to my first screen and its gone black....
    OR
    *Open first window fine and get it to title page then..
    *Switch to 2nd window and get that to title page... then
    * Back to the first window and its its gone completely black.
    -below- screenshot of the first window gone completely blank, and its not at the "oO0Downloading Data...0Oo" page either... its just.. black ._.
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...indowerBad.jpg

OR
    *It does everything wrong.. lol. One window goes to negative display (greens/purples/reds) and the other goes completely black.

I tried to load up two windows on my laptop too and it wasn't working

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
    (If not I'll try at Windower forums >.<)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mithra View Post
    (If not I'll try at Windower forums >.<)
    This really is your best option. However, since you posted in the Tech forum, what are your specs?

I always completely load up into the character before loading up a new window. I know that if you open the new windower too early it will mess with the first windower. (at least in my older version ~3.42)

A basic step, delete the old windower, download the newest one for a fresh copy. If that doesnt help, update your drivers for everything, sometimes updates kill certain programs and you need to update to an even newer driver or rollback if you remember you updated before the problem

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hmmm Ok I'll try these... I just restored my Laptop to a previous time and its working fine.. I have to get one window fully logged in before I attempt the other window.

Obviously I've made a mountain out of a molehill... Thankyou Cool for your advice >.<

(told you I was completely fail at computers/windower ._.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This happened to me when I reformatted my computer. Try toning down the resolution of both windows; start with something terrible just to see if both windows open and display properly, then increase to find a good medium.

I would be able to load 1 FFXI full, then when I went to do the other, I'd hit the play button, the window would resize and then either crash or freeze.