BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Not counting the two PMs you just sent me saying the same thing.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Also, if you can first voke 2 mobs in a row, your party sucks

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

LOL at the title

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Reposted from the last one:

Would Suppa/Diabolos be better than Suppa/Brutal for a COR single-wielding Joyeuse? Assume 85-90% accuracy when using Brutal.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

The tags are what make it golden.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I sub DRK and use Stun for the 2nd, obv.

edit: gdi isildar

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bakthi View Post

Would Suppa/Diabolos be better than Suppa/Brutal for a COR single-wielding Joyeuse? Assume 85-90% accuracy when using Brutal.
    brutal

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bakthi View Post

If I'm mathing right at a glance Diabolos would be a 1.5% hit rate increase while Brutal would be 2.5%~ more swings(less if subbing WAR). I'm not 100% sure but I think the Brutal would still win out.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Thanks. No, not /WAR...I either want MAB, shadows, or accuracy (and/or healing capabilities). Berserk WS numbers are pretty, and it might work okay on birds, but otherwise I don't think it's optimal. Not for me, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by requim View Post

I don't get why people opt for -3 enmity or +1 enmity in comparison to a ring that could increase your damage by like a fifth.
    Rose Strap says hi.
    F' rajas when I play 2-hander melee jobs just for merit parties once every 4 months, and I'm quite sure nobody gets Tamas just for the -enmity.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I was promised Thorny vs. pchan, good sir. It's already page TWO and I'm not seeing any.

Polearm WAR uses rose strap and the rest is the same as GAX build (save blitz vs. Toreador I guess).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Easiest way to look at is expected landed swings. When compariing anything a simple 100 swing example helps make it clear.

So lets say you have 85% accuracy using a joy and 100 attack rounds.
    1.45 DA x 100 rounds x 85% accuracy = 123.25 landed swings

Brutal will give you 5% more DA, 2.75% DA after joy's conflicting proc rate
    you'll have (1.4775)*100*0.85=125.5875 ~ 1.90% increase

Diabolos is 1.45*100*.86.5=125.425=1.76% increase

If you have 80% acc for 100 hits you should and 80 hits. Add 2.5 hits and you'll get 82 hits (plus half a miss!). Increase accuracy by 3 and you'ld land 81.5 hits.

Now repeating for 93.5% accuracy
    145*.935=135.575
    147.75*.935 =138.146 ~ 1.90% increase
    145*.95=137.75 ~ 1.60% increase

While you're expecting to get 2.75% more DA from the brutal earring you actually get less of an increase since you're already at 45% proc from Joy. Simiarily, Diabolos gives you a bit higher returns since you have so many added attacks from Joy, and you get more of an increase the worse your accuracy is.

In either case a single DA proc or missed hit completely skews the results since they're so close.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Rose Strap says hi.
    F' rajas when I play 2-hander melee jobs just for merit parties once every 4 months, and I'm quite sure nobody gets Tamas just for the -enmity.
    drg or sam[GKT not pole] needs rajas, and rose for 6-hit though

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Rose Strap says hi.
    Tamas is a snow and aqua ring stapled together. It's the best mage ring out there by 3 enmity and 30mp, but the difference between a mage with or without Tamas does not even make a dent in the difference between a melee with or without Rajas.

Sattva's was cool several years ago when people thought vit mattered and you more regularly blooded things. Now you macro it in for voke/flash and then go back to tping in acc rings.

The only really unique benefits from tamas ring is -3 enmity, which is unnoticeable.
    The only real perk to sattva's is 1 more enmity than mermaid ring. They are both the best options for their classes, but again they don't compare to the differences Rajas has between melees.

Rajas is one of the best TP rings. Rajas is the best WS ring for many WS. Even if you don't need the stp on it you can justify using it. While rose strap definitely helped maneuver some hit builds, it doesn't replace Rajas. That's like saying it's acceptable for a sam to TP in both hachi gloves and feet. In fact sams can use it to replace hachi gloves before they get usu feet.

If you play mage 99% of the time you can enjoy your tamas, but don't delude yourself into thinking it compares to what a rajas does for a melee.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Sattva is for NIN and RDM since they don't get another enmity ring besides Mermaid's. That said the only time I'd pick Sattva is when I had a bardmule with RDM leveled and one or more of the following: BLM SMN WHM (I wouldn't care about melee WHM I think) BRD SCH and whatever other job can't make use of Rajas.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryuu View Post
    I was promised Thorny vs. pchan, good sir. It's already page TWO and I'm not seeing any.
    This what's better question has yet to be further discussed.

/popcorn

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    drg or sam[GKT not pole] needs rajas, and rose for 6-hit though
    Thought DRG could with Rose + Aurum using a 492? And @ requim, just wondering, like I said in practical usage when damage taken/multihits completes my 6-hit either way, can Rajas actually make the difference to a 5? I do keep a natural 6 hit either way with Aggressor up, the only time really feel the lack of the ring is with it down, and again the increase in WS frequency is probably mostly negated by TP gained from damage taken.

Again, not saying that what Tamas does for mages is really comparable, but in a merit context I think most of the difference can be made up, I have yet to see a non-relic DD beat me by more than a 1-2% save for a ridiculously built DRG/SAM, generally with me being the top by a fair amount versus those who have Rajas.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Thought DRG could with Rose + Aurum using a 492?
    Swap grip to sword, swap wep (if not already) to Vakl, swap ring to rajas

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

that would assume Valk Fork exists, which I have yet to see proof of.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you're first voking with full time hasso and retaliation you're already fucking up the parse by giving yourself a substantial advantage. You basically took the weakest part of your build (lacking stp) and just negated it while adding more chances to swing (retaliation). Even if retaliation is a relatively low proc rate (I always found it pretty high personally though deleted war merit parses), it's just straight up free damage since mobs will be coming to you anyways.

Drop retaliation and having to rely on a normal 6 hit you will find you parse significantly lower. And while your war is well geared you have plenty of room for improvement, which makes me question how good of people you merit with since merits with a rajas ring should negate the majority of your pricier gear (haub +1, bomblet, etc). Out parsing confused pick up DDs proves nothing about your true ability.

Rajas and aurum body together would let you pull a ghetto 5 hit with a GA while tanking, but Rajas for war is primarily just a strong tp option without sacrificing anything.

Rajas and rose strap pair nicely for sams (dusk gloves), drgs (several builds), drks (ghetto 5 hits), and polearm war (6 hit). GA is slow enough that it doesn't require a lot of stp for 6 hit, but not long enough (lol528 ) for a 5 hit.

Also while rajas is an awesome ring, there are plenty of other pieces of gear that can level the playing field assuming you still have a 6 hit. Haub +1 gives another 2.75atk/acc 1str/dex than others would have. PCC can give 5 more acc than others might have, toreador's/sniper's+1 2 more acc. You can easily have gimp people with rajas making yourself feel better about not having one, but you're confounding your other superior gear with damage differences from rajas people.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast