Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Fuck

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    I never thought I would have ever uttered the words, but man, fuck Bill Murray!
    no. not this. sucks, but never this

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

So why not just make up some BS about how Murray's character died, the story would be taking place what, nearly 23-24 years since part II? cast some young dude and call it "Danah's son" I mean, sure the other guys probably don't wanna do it w/o murray but if it was really for the "fans" they would just write the character dead and move on with an interesting young replacement which would set the stage for a reboot with an all new young cast in the future should they decide to go that route.

Can you blame Murray? he's almost 70, has six kids, he doesn't need to work another day in his life. I don't think its exploitation without Murray, this film will NEVER get made if they don't replace the character.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Just do a new team with cameos from the old Ghostbusters. Can make up some shit like "he's traveling the world" or "couldn't be here". Easy.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

My money is that the script revolved pretty heavily around Bill and that's why.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I missed the bus on whatever this big Ghostbusters 3 deal is supposed to be. Liked #1 (scared me pretty good too as a kid), didn't like #2 at all -_- Now like 20+ years later people are clamoring for #3? O_o

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's the characters, not the actual ghosts, that people are wanting.

Banned.

BG Level

How can you not like #2 ? what the fuck >_>

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Still makes me rage how Netflix has had the second movie available for streaming, which I have seen on there since I started my subscription, but has never added the first...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Denmark Holland
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I highly doubt that a third film would be as good as the first two anyway. Nothing is going to match watching those films as a kid, it's just not going to hold the same feeling that I had way back then.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nothing is going to match watching those films as a kid, it's just not going to hold the same feeling that I had way back then.
    I dunno, I watched it a few months ago and it was a hell of a lot funnier than it was when I was a kid (and I loved it as a kid).

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Given that they're so old now, and Murray is like 70... saying he died is not a stretch in the context of the film.

However, having all of them in the movie is really what would make it Ghostbusters. Missing Murray as Venkman in Ghostbusters would be like having Lord of the Rings without Aragorn.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Given that they're so old now, and Murray is like 70... saying he died is not a stretch in the context of the film.

However, having all of them in the movie is really what would make it Ghostbusters. Missing Murray as Venkman in Ghostbusters would be like having Lord of the Rings without the ring.
    ftfy

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There have been so many flip flops in the making of this movie, I think they could make a movie based on the making of this movie. With that being said, Dr. Ray Stantz (Dan Aykroyd) was doing an autograph signing in New York this week and was asked by a local news station about a third installment in the Ghostbusters series. This is what he told WIBV:

"We've got a new writing staff working on it now," Aykroyd said. "It's got to be perfect. That's the whole thing. There's no point in doing it unless it's perfect. So that's what we're up to now."
    I think if they can get the script right, that this could be a fun movie. I am normally a naysayer when it comes to sequels, but for some reason I really want to see this come together. There has been a lot of talk about Bill Murray’s involvement. I am with the purists that say the movie will not work with him not in it. However, a recent interview with David Letterman shows that he might be more up for it than we think. Here is what he said:

You just have to have a really good script, you know, it’s hard. I think, you know, we’ll try again.
    Hopefully they have the right writing crew in place this time. I can’t wait to see what they can come up with that the former writing team of Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky couldn’t do.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/7/3/...ing-staff.html

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well, if they're taking this long to do it, it's going to have to be a movie version of Extreme Ghostbusters.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There is no Ghostbusters without Bill Murray. Period.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Dan Akroyd has also said that aliens visited primitive mankind so... just fyi.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

As you all know by now Ghostbusters 3 refuses to die. The movie has been on one hellish road, and it's finally actually landed a solid screenwriter that might be able to write a film everyone will be excited about. Tropic Thunder and Men in Black 3 writer Etan Cohen will be taking on the challenge.

The previous draft of the script was written by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, and Harold Ramis, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and the latest news from Bill Murray had a positive outlook. Who knows what will happen with this movie in the end though. Hopefully Etan pumps out a solidly funny script that Murray will want to be a part of.

Aykroyd also previously confirmed reports that the story would revolve around a new younger generation of Ghostbusters, and threw out a few hints on the state Ray and Egon will be in in the third film.

My character, Ray, is now blind in one eye and can't drive the cadillac. He's got a bad knee and can't carry the packs... Egon is too large to get into the harness. We need young blood and that's the promise. We're gonna hand it to a new generation.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/7/10...eenwriter.html
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92384

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Bill Murray... we all know his long Ghostbusters 3 history, but he recently made us believe that there was hope he would return to the franchise for a third time to reprise his role as Peter Venkman. Today Dan Aykroyd has made it very clear that Murray is not going to be in the film, but that they will move forward without him. Here's what he had to say in a recent interview with Metro,

Is Ghostbusters 3 finally happening?

Yes, we've got a brilliant new writer on it and we'll be passing the torch on to a new generation. We're working on it to make it just right to satisfy our fans. I'm confident we'll be in production in the next year.
    It's been a long process, hasn't it?

Yes, but now we've got the studio on side. We've tried a few concepts which weren't right but now we've got a good structure and will make it happen.
    Is Bill Murray doing it?

No, I can tell you he won't be involved.
    How do you feel about that?

It's sad but we're passing it on to a new generation. Ghostbusters 3 can be a successful movie without Bill. My preference would be to have him involved but at this point he doesn't seem to be coming and we have to move on. It's time to make the third one.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/2/...busters-3.html
    http://www.metro.co.uk/film/907075-d...ghostbusters-3

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Bleh, why even bother without the whole cast.