+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If doing it without Murray seemed like a bad idea then animating it is even worse.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm tellin' ya. Cash cow. The 80s nostalgia train is leaving the station and they want in on it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Dan Aykroyd was recently a guest on Larry King Now, and of course King had to ask him about Ghostbusters 3. Interestingly enough, Aykroyd actually revealed a few new plot details for the film project that may or may not ever happen.

When it comes to Bill Murray's involvement, the answer is still the same. He has no interest, but there is a role in the film if he changes his mind, which I doubt will ever happen. Aykroyd goes on to say that they need four new Ghostbusters, which isn't necessarily new news, but his explanation of where they will come from and why is. Check it out!

We’re going to have to cast. We need four new ghostbusters. We need four new Columbia students.

It’s based upon new research that’s being done in particle physics by the young men and women at Columbia University. Basically, there’s research being done that…I can say that the world or our dimension that we live in, our four planes of existence, length, height, width, and time, become threatened by some of the research that is being done. And Ghostbusters, new Ghostbusters have to come and solve the problem.
    That actually sounds like it could be really cool. That's the first bit of information I've heard about this movie that actually got me really excited about this movie. Of course I'd be more excited to hear that Murray will be involved. I'm curious to hear more details about the direction they are taking the third film. Aykroyd revealed in a previous interview that the movie will start shooting next year, so the closer we get the more that will be revealed.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/20...t-details.html
    http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/05/20...-ghostbusters/

Here we are again! I've basically written off Ghostbusters 3, and I don't see it happening. They've been trying to make it for years, Billy Murray doesn't want to be a part of it, but Dan Aykroyd can't stop talking about it. He believes this movie is really going to happen, and in a recent interview with ABC News he says that he thinks the it will start shooting this summer. Here's what he had to say about where the project currently stands,

I feel re-encouraged, reinvigorated by the pages that I have seen. I know that we’re expecting half of the screenplay to be completed very soon. It should be into production by the fall and be shooting by the new year. I won’t say anything, it’s very exciting. The Higgs boson and the particle theories, gluons and mesons, that really gives us a scientific base in terms of our fictional storytelling, to open up to another dimension and have something horrible come through.

We’re going to really put it into ninth gear, in this third one. It’s going to be very, very exciting. I’ve been more encouraged than I ever have been. It sounds real now. We’ve got a sharp new writer on it, Ivan (Reitman) is on it, Harold (Ramis) is on it, I’m on it. And if I can put the catch-net on Billy [Murray] and bring him in, it will be wonderful, if he decides to do it. There will always be a hole for him.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/4/23...next-year.html
    http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=19022548

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This passing of the torch kind of reminds me of Extreme Ghostbusters, which was a decent cartoon, but quirky enough.

This could actually work out.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They could do another pass the torch kind of thing by finding some quality (ex) SNL talent, too. Bill Hader and Will Forte as the Egon and Ray parts, Andy Samberg as the Peter, Donald Glover as the Winston.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

And Kristen Wiig as Janine!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Meet two of the new class, maybe
    Dan Aykroyd is doing everything he possibly can to get Ghostbusters 3 off the ground. With or without Bill Murray, he wants the movie to happen. We now have word from Schmoes Knows that Sony Pictures has offers out to Jonah Hill and Emma Stone to be in the film. If cast, they would play a characters named Jeremy and Anna.

There's no information on who exactly these characters are, but If this news is believed to be true, then it means that Sony Pictures is actually getting really close to finally moving forward with the long-gestated film project. Earlier this year Aykroyd talked a little bit about their plans for the film saying,

We’re going to have to cast. We need four new ghostbusters. We need four new Columbia students.

It’s based upon new research that’s being done in particle physics by the young men and women at Columbia University. Basically, there’s research being done that…I can say that the world or our dimension that we live in, our four planes of existence, length, height, width, and time, become threatened by some of the research that is being done. And Ghostbusters, new Ghostbusters have to come and some the problem.
    I think it's safe to assume that Hill and Stone would end up being some of these new Ghostbusters.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/jonah-hil...ghostbusters-3
    http://schmoesknow.com/jonah-hill-an...-developments/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not sure if want.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Still on, Script rewrite commencing
    Yesterday brought the saddening news that legendary comedy filmmaker/actor Harold Ramis has passed away, following his battle with a rare autoimmune disease. Many people have wondered if Ramis’ death might be the final grain of sand that tips the scale against the perenially-rumored Ghostbusters 3 from happening. However, that’s not the case, as Sony still intends to make the project a reality – after some script revisions, of course.

In recent years, the Ghostbusters 3 story has evolved to account for the passing of 25 years (yep) since Ghostbusters 2; as it stand, the plot is now said to revolve around the remaining founders of the eponymous paranormal investigation department – which might just be Dr. Raymond Stantz (Dan Aykroyd) since Ramis has died and Bill Murray doesn’t want to come back (assuming that he doesn’t change his mind as a way to honor Ramis) - recruiting a team of up and coming Columbia University physics students to restart the ghost-catching business in the post-millennial world.

THR is reporting that Ghostbusters 1 & 2 director Ivan Reitman – who remains attached to helm the third installment in the horror/comedy franchise – will soon be meeting up with Sony officials, in order to discuss how best to revise the most recent script draft for the project. The first script draft was penned by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky (Bad Teacher), but the current Ghostbusters 3 screenplay may already includes revisions by Etan Cohen (Men in Black 3), in addition to possibly story tweaks directly made by the original franchise scribes Aykroyd and Ramis.

Apparently, before Ramis’ passing, his beloved geeky alter ego Dr. Egon Spengler was only going to have a “cameo role” in Ghostbusters 3, so the script won’t require an intensive overhaul (unlike what happened with Fast & Furious 7 when Paul Walker died last year). Still, it would be logical for the script revisions to at least include, say, a scene that respectfully acknowledges the passing of Ramis – as well as the Egon character in the film’s universe – as a heartfelt salute to his contributions to the Ghostbusters brand.

That said, the THR report mentions that even prior to Ramis’ death, the Ghostbusters 3 script wasn’t considered to be far enough along in development for production to get started by 2014 (despite Aykroyd’s assurances to the contrary last year).

Fact of the matter is, in the wake of Ramis passing, Sony could decide to take a different approach and simply not include any of the original Ghostbusters cast – taking even more time with pre-production, in order to restructure the script as more of a “hard” reboot of the franchise (even more so than it was before).
    http://screenrant.com/ghostbusters-3...d-ramis-death/
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...eworked-683518

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just pull the plug already, no Venkman and now no Egon, who gives a shit

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Just pull the plug already, no Venkman and now no Egon, who gives a shit
    But has Rick Moranis turned them down yet?!

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    But has Rick Moranis turned them down yet?!
    He retired from film

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    He retired from film
    I know, after his wife died. But he hasn't said no yet!

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Frankly if Aykroyd is the only one doing it I don't want to see it at all. I've had enough of Hollywood remakes and this would be the worst pissing on someone's grave since they re-recorded We Are the World.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ivan Reitman to no longer direct, but stays on as producer
    Director Ivan Reitman is no longer attached to direct the long-awaited Ghostbusters 3. He directed the first two films, but has decided he will let a new director take on the new sequel. The studio is currently looking for that director, but they are still hoping to get the film into production in early 2015. Reitman will stay on a a producer.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/ivan-reit...ghostbusters-3
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...tman-as-689490

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Seriously fuck off Sony Pictures. I know 2014 hasn't been a good year but jesus christ.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Phil Lord and Chris Miller in talks to direct
    Following the death of Harold Ramis, Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Ivan Reitman has decided that he won’t direct the upcoming Ghostbusters 3 (not the official title), which is going to be a reboot of the thirty-year old comedy/horror franchise. As such, the search is now underway to find his replacement, so that production can (for real this time) get started by the first quarter of 2015, at the latest.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but a report has emerged that Phil Lord and Chris Miller – the team behind the lucrative (and critically-acclaimed) 21 Jump Street movie reboot as well as this year’s even more-successful LEGO Movie – have begun early talks for them to call the shots on the Ghostbusters reboot, which is currently based on a script draft written by Etan Cohen (Men in Black III).

Listeners of the Screen Rant Underground Podcast know that the idea of Lord and Miller directing the third Ghostbusters movie - which could actually happen according to Nikki Finke - is one that our editors threw out there a while ago. It sounds pretty great in theory, seeing how the duo are generally considered to be 3-for-3, when it comes to the pair’s feature-length directing efforts thus far. (We’ll see if their winning streak stays alive this June, when 22 Jump Street hits theaters.)

More importantly, Lord and Miller have shown a real knack for being able to take established properties that appear to be past their expiration dates – and/or are seemingly being pulled out and dusted off for the sole purpose of making an easy buck – and infusing them with newfound creative life.

Similarly, the pair have proven more than willing to mock and satirize the current state of the Hollywood industry (and themselves) with their films, whether it’s through the many digs made towards Warner Bros. cash-cows in LEGO Movie or self-effacing jokes peppered throughout 21 Jump Street and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - the kind that almost (but don’t quite) break the fourth wall.

Such qualifications feel appropriate (and, in turn, desirable) for a pair of filmmakers who are wanted to instill new (after)life into the Ghostbusters brand. Previous installments in the series thrived not just on their irreverent humor, but also their anti-authority attitude – often portraying figures in positions of power (EPA reps, governmental PR figures) as the human antagonists for the poltergeist-catching blue-collar heroes – something that Lord and Miller could likewise bring to the table.

As for potential casting: Jonah Hill (who’s collaborated with Lord and Miller three times now) was still rumored to be a possibility late last year, so if the LEGO Movie helmers do join the project, that could increase the likelihood of Hill being one of the newbies who dons a proton pack in the movie.
    http://screenrant.com/ghostbusters-3...s-lord-miller/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

i would absolutely give it a chance if they do.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Now being directed by Paul Feig (The Heat)
    Written by Paul Feig & Katie Dippold (also known for The Heat)
    Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, Rebel Wilson, Ryan Gosling, and Melissa McCarthy are rumored to be cast
    Expect lots of Homages to the originals

http://screenrant.com/ghostbusters-r...g-easter-eggs/ | http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43176

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Rebel and McCarthy? ugh...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast