Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Nope. Pass.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sorry, not the same without Bill Murray. You can't even pass the torch without Peter Venkman.

BG Level

It's a shame, because I can't tell if it's Aykroyd riding the nostalgia wave for glory or money. The absence of Murray has me thinking the latter.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I keep coming into this thread expecting news on the death of this film.. Why does it always disappoint >.>;

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    It's a shame, because I can't tell if it's Aykroyd riding the nostalgia wave for glory or money. The absence of Murray has me thinking the latter.
    It's a little of both for Aykroyd, but unfortunately Murray is done with comedies. He'd rather do drama's, if anything, these days.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

For those of you wondering what is going on with Ghostbusters 3, Dan Aykroyd gives us an update on the film in an interview with Esquire. The last major thing we heard is that the movie was going to move forward without Bill Murray as Dr. Peter Venkman, which is really sad. I'd rather them not even make the movie. The movie has been slowly chugging forward for years, and when asked about the delays he said,

I'm as deeply inside Ghostbusters 3 as anyone involved in the project — that includes the executives at Sony, who have to go to sleep at night and have to decide to do it. Ivan Reitman, the director, who travels from Santa Barbara to L.A., and has for the last three years, working with writers to put it together. [The Office writers] Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, who worked on one of the drafts.
    Aykroyd is definitely one of the main guys trying to keep the movie moving forward and spends a lot of time trying to get it to where it needs to be before it starts shooting and it looks like they finally have a script he's excited about moving forward with.

I read every draft that's been turned in. When Gene and Lee, and Etan [Cohen, writer of Men in Black 3, hired last summer], and Ivan — when they've turned in drafts, I hand drafts right back. And at this point, we have a script that we like. And I'm hoping for it.
    That would have to be the one written by Etan Cohen. It didn't look like Murray waited around for the latest script to say no either. All of the lead actors had to give their blessing on the project if they ever wanted to get a third film made, and according to Aykroyd, since Murray has passed on the sequel several times over the years, his vote doesn't really count. When asked about Murray's stake in the franchise he said,

I'm not sure Billy does anymore, since he abrogated his rights by sort of, by saying, two years ago he said, "I don't want to be involved," and the picture company I think had some clause in there that if he actually passed on the third of fourth offer, he no longer has a view of the franchise. So, that's for the lawyers to decide. Of course, I'd love to have Billy call me tomorrow and say, "Let's go to work and start writing."
    At this point it's safe to say that that's not going to happen. The movie still has yet to be officially greenlit, and when asked about when he might expect that to happen he said,

Now, this would add quite a bump to Sony's bottom line, quite a bump. If they make this movie, in its current shape, they would be looking at a pretty hefty, nine-figure return. And so I'm hoping they get on to move it, but if they don't, I have multiple trains. I've got tracks six, seven, and nine, and that's four. I'll be moving on to other things, as will Ivan, by the way. We can't wait forever. And now's the time to tell the picture company, and I'd say this quite publically, it's time now to sit down and make this movie, or you will lose your main principals, and you won't be able to make it without us, because we have rights, and now is time to make the movie.
    Things take an interesting turn in the conversation when they start talking about the plot of the film. What we previously heard was this...

My character, Ray, is now blind in one eye and can't drive the Cadillac. He's got a bad knee and can't carry the packs... Egon is too large to get into the harness. We need young blood and that's the promise. We're gonna hand it to a new generation.
    Near the end of the interview he's asked about an old plot that's been referred to as "Man-hell-ttan" in which the Ghostbusters go to hell. It's here that he reveals that he envisioned that for a fifth film in the franchise,

Man-hell-ttan, and the Ghostbusters in hell, would be so solid, but we gotta get maybe one or two made before that. But, oh, wow... I wrote that with Tom Davis, my writing partner, recently deceased, who wrote Coneheads with me and stuff on Saturday Night Live. There's classic Tom Davis lines and funny stuff in there, really it's probably the most humorous of all the Ghostbusters scripts that have generated in that last little while. But we'll put the humor into this next one. It's gotta be funny, or it's not worth doing.
    It would be pretty cool if they actually got to a fifth film, but it all depends on if they are able to get a third one made, and if it's even going to be any good! As for the fourth film he says that Cohen's script would lead into that, and reveals his role would be more limited at that point as an actor, as the torch will have been passed to a younger generation. He would still stay on as a writer and producer though.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/12/5...rts-4-and.html
    http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture...rview-14813380

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think in the long list of "Do not wants" in my life, this comes close to the top. Bill Murray-less Ghostbusters is like ..... wait, its the top of the analogies for X-less Y-Forumula

BG Level

Re: GHOSTBUSTERS 3 4 AND 5

I think Aykroyd is really overestimating the future success of this franchise without Bill Murray.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

No Murray, no thanks.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Id still watch it. Sucks he wont do it but what can you do.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd still see it too. TBH, I like Bill Murray, He was excellent in the first 2 movies, But i don't think the series is dead without him. It would have been much better with him, But I think they can make it work. I think Ghostbusters 3 will be the only odd-ish one, Where they're passing on the torch, I bet 4/5 Will be about the new Group and less focus on the old group, So the lack of Murray wouldn't be as apparent.

IDK, I hope it does well, I loved them Movies as a kid, If 3 does well with lack of Murray, I have high hopes for 4/5. But 3 will really be the determining factor. Here's hoping.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

True, a passing of the torch scenario could go well. Though yeah just sucks since Murray was my favorite.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    True, a passing of the torch scenario could go well. Though yeah just sucks since Murray was my favorite.
    So they kill off Peter, and start the new Ghostbusters with Oscar as the new leader? The remaining Ghostbusters will train the new ones? IDK...

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I love Bill Murray in everything, but honestly my favorite Ghostbuster was always Egon. Ramis and Aykroyd should be able to pull something good off.

Ramis is a funny dude, no fucks given about murray. It's a kids movie, if they do a good job then kids/adults will love it and we can have 3 more ghostbuster movies.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Let's all be honest here, even without Murray we're all going to go see it. We may not be happy about it, but it's fucking ghostbusters.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Let's all be honest here, even without Murray we're all going to go see it. We may not be happy about it, but it's fucking ghostbusters.
    Yup.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Animated?
    The road to Ghostbusters 3 has been long and treacherous. Dan Aykroyd is sure that it's going to eventually happen, and Bill Murray doesn't want to have anything to do with it. So if it does end up happening, it's going to be without Murray, which just seems wrong on every level. I really don't want to see a sequel without him.

The project just seems to be stuck in development hell, but according to Bloody-Disgusting, Sony and Columbia Pictures are now considering bringing it to life on the big screen as an animated movie! This isn't the first i time the studio has wanted to do this. They were looking to do this back in 2007, and that eventually resulted in the incredibly fun 2009 video game.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/2/27...ted-movie.html
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...medium=twitter

Yeah...I wouldn't go see an animated GB in theaters.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Yeah...I wouldn't go see an animated GB in theaters.
    Would see only if Arsenio and Dave Coulier did it.