Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: 24: Day 8     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by volcanicweather View Post
    That's why a movie is coming out, no?

I liked the ending, moreso than LOST. Sure it lacked some of the excitement of the recent episodes (minus the Mike Tyson ear bite) but I think it gave good closure. Jack is essentially run out of the country he loves, the President gets what she deserves (and Logan as well), Chloe and Jack have a nice goodbye scene where he tells her to protect Kim. It was a rather straight-forward ending for a straight-forward series.
    I'm sorry, but I don't think you should build up the series to an "epic" conclusion to serve only as a gigantic 2-hour ad for a future movie, which is exactly what this was.

I'm not sure where you found closure either. If the series ending is point A, I'm not sure where you are getting to point B. There are so many different ways the entire story could go from here it isn't even funny.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Pretty sure the avoidance of closure in regards to the Russians, IRK, and America was because it didn't want to instill things in people in the real world or not making one looking better than the other, and instead make them all look dark with no "winner." And besides, if there is peace to be built again it would take many years for this to happen if not decades upon decades.

What did you want to see? America and Russia nuking each other? IRK possibly becoming overrun by the insurgence group (would not look good irl to show lol) because the peace process failed, which they wanted? Or maybe just conflict in a Cold War manner (would be boring for most and unable to show much in an hour or two time frame).

President Taylor is going to be charged and she is resigning, not much else to see there.

I was surprised that Hastings didn't come by or had a role in the end. Would've figured maybe Chloe would've asked for his help with something.

Logan not dieing is kind of strange almost like he may have a role elsewhere, or perhaps death is too good for him and he can't even get that after failing everything else so he is stuck as a possible vegetable now.

Pretty sure the avoidance of closure in regards to the Russians, IRK, and America was because it didn't want to instill things in people in the real world or not making one looking better than the other, and instead make them all look dark with no "winner." And besides, if there is peace to be built again it would take many years for this to happen if not decades upon decades.

What did you want to see? America and Russia nuking each other? IRK possibly becoming overrun by the insurgence group (would not look good irl to show lol) because the peace process failed, which they wanted? Or maybe just conflict in a Cold War manner (would be boring for most and unable to show much in an hour or two time frame).

President Taylor is going to be charged and she is resigning, not much else to see there.

I was surprised that Hastings didn't come by or had a role in the end. Would've figured maybe Chloe would've asked for his help with something.

Logan not dieing is kind of strange almost like he may have a role elsewhere, or perhaps death is too good for him and he can't even get that after failing everything else so he is stuck as a possible vegetable now.

Edit:

Also, I am totally buying this now XD Wish I could find it cheaper than 144-ish dollars though but it is still a decent price compared to most I've seen

Video and pics under it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewkkpPKeDyI

More here

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/f...ww.mwctoys.com

A. Body
    BG Level

I was pretty surprised Logan killed himself, kinda out of character for him IMO. He's way too big of a coward to do that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Hey Meian, do yourself a favor and learn the story behind the making of that action doll. I don't want to ruin it for you, but Keifer Sutherland was on Leno a few years back when they were designing the thing and gave a pretty epic story on some of the crazy shit he did with the prototype.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    I was pretty surprised Logan killed himself, kinda out of character for him IMO. He's way too big of a coward to do that.
    I thought that was very out of character as well, and kind of disappointing honestly. A character as devious as Logan should've had a more interesting end, especially given his role in previous days.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Pendas View Post
    Hey Meian, do yourself a favor and learn the story behind the making of that action doll. I don't want to ruin it for you, but Keifer Sutherland was on Leno a few years back when they were designing the thing and gave a pretty epic story on some of the crazy shit he did with the prototype.
    Not quite sure what you are implying here like I should avoid buying it or I should just read it for a good read. Do you have a linky?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Can't find the Interview on Leno where he talked about it, but here's the news story on it.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...totype_1018941

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Pendas View Post
    Can't find the Interview on Leno where he talked about it, but here's the news story on it.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...totype_1018941
    I think this is a different figure and not the Enterbay one. If I remember correctly the Enterbay one came in 2008 too. Funny story though wasn't quite sure what to think of it or him for doing it

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

All things considered, I find it fitting and evilly humorous that Logan failed to kill himself. I don't think it's out of character for him to attempt it as he was about to do it at the end of his presidency before he got a phone call. The fact that he apparently slightly "missed" and will end up a vegetable or with just enough brain damage that he'll be living a life of hell is more fitting to me considering all his evilness of this season. Simply dieing instantly would have been getting off too easy for him, in my opinion.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I also liked this ending more than Lost's (not saying Lost's was bad but yeah). Liked how Chloe has been around since the start, rose to the top (kinda), liked how the president did the right thing eventually, Jack being chased once again.

I kinda wish he did take out the russian president and logan and go out in a blaze of glory, but I guess it can wait for the movie.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    He was going to kill himself in one of the earlier seasons, but was interrupted by a phone call. Doesn't seem too far-fetched to me.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

He'd have faced serious charges this time - it wasn't something they could have hidden like the the gas canisters, his reputation being very low already (and trying to fix it, but failing), I totally see his point in killing himself.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think he did it BECAUSE he was a coward, didn't want to face the consequences of the various things he did. Killing his aide was a little out of place, but I guess with little time left for anything, he didn't see any other option.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Logan shooting himself definitely wasn't out of character... guy was a coward and it's much more of a coward move to kill yourself than face the music for your wrongdoings. Also the reason why he killed his aide was because his aide wouldn't have let Logan kill himself (even though he was knocked out) and he would have come clean about everything Logan did. This way Logan was controlling the information to try and keep whatever legacy he had left intact, which was a recurring theme of importance to him throughout the season.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by volcanicweather View Post
    Also the reason why he killed his aide was because his aide wouldn't have let Logan kill himself (even though he was knocked out) and he would have come clean about everything Logan did. This way Logan was controlling the information to try and keep whatever legacy he had left intact, which was a recurring theme of importance to him throughout the season.
    This. I'm sure his aid knew much more than what was revealed to us.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    I think he did it BECAUSE he was a coward, didn't want to face the consequences of the various things he did. Killing his aide was a little out of place, but I guess with little time left for anything, he didn't see any other option.
    The killing of the aide, from what I took, was an attempt to keep people from saving Jack. Despite being outed, he still wanted his revenge against Jack considering Jack had screwed him over so many times. And he and his aide were the only ones who knew who took Jack and where they went.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Looking back on it it seems like Logan killed his aid simply because he had surrendered and was ready to throw in the towel. Logan himself wasn't ready to go down without a fight, so he stopped him by killing him. He was about to storm out of the room (gun in hand) until he was surrounded in his office, with nowhere else to go and him being the only person left who could stop Jacks assassination, he took his own life. It's funny how the main point of discussion about the finale was Logans suicide instead of Jack.

A. Body
    BG Level

Wow, all you guys don't know how scary it is to kill yourself.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If I knew how scary it was to kill myself, I wouldn't be able to post, bro.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

someone told me it is very scary to kill yourself