+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 24: Day 8     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

24: Day 8

Surprised I haven't seen a thread. New season starts tomorrow (Sunday) in New York. Can't decide whether or not I'm excited.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I'm excited over the return of President Logan as well as Starbuck's presence.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    I'm excited over the return of President Logan as well as Starbuck's presence.
    Didn't Logan die in Season 6? Could have sworn his wife stabbed him with a Kitchen Knife.

Edit: NVM Just checked Wiki, it appears he's still alive!

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Pendas View Post
    Didn't Logan die in Season 6? Could have sworn his wife stabbed him with a Kitchen Knife.

Edit: NVM Just checked Wiki, it appears he's still alive!
    I'm just going by the blurb from metacritics rundown of shows this spring, also I've tried to forget season 6 as much as I could.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

YES. Can't wait. Changed the thread title for you too.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Extremely excited for this season as always :D

Here's hoping they end the series (if the rumors are true) on a high note. Last season was atrocious. Also, more Renee kicking ass please.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

it was better than 6.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseos View Post
    Here's hoping they end the series (if the rumors are true) on a high note. Last season was atrocious. Also, more Renee kicking ass please.
    Kiefer has been quoted saying that if season 8 does well, they'll make 9 too. As much as I love 24, it's getting to the point where enough is enough... there just isn't anything new you can do with that story anymore without taking Jack out of it completely (and he's the show, so...).

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

All I know is they better explain how Kim convinced Jack to undergo that treatment to cure his illness from S7. Last season ended with him saying no and that he accepted his fate to die...

And Season 7 was better than 6. It was a nice change of pace having the final villains coming from a secret organization within the US trying to create terrorism in order to show the government that their services for protection against terrorism was needed. Much better than some middle eastern country trying to blow up stuff which is how it has been in past seasons. At least this season starts off with someone trying to assassinate a diplomat (Or is it president) of a middle eastern country to keep them from signing a peace treaty. Hopefully by episode 12 (When we normally get the main plot and the first subplot is thwarted) it doesn't turn out to be something that is done to try to frame the US to start another war.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    All I know is they better explain how Kim convinced Jack to undergo that treatment to cure his illness from S7. Last season ended with him saying no and that he accepted his fate to die...
    He never did accept the treatment. Jack went into a coma, thus making Kim his next of Kin and responsible for any treatment he receives. So, she took it upon herself to go behind his back and do the experimental treatment to save his life.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Season 7 had probably the greatest start out of any 24 season then it got really stupid down the stretch then it got worse and worse until bad at the end.

I'm pretty sure season 6 had the best start, then just went downhill after 4 episodes. I mean seriously, you don't get much better than a fucking nuke/dirty bomb going off. It took all the suspense out of the series.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post

And Season 7 was better than 6. It was a nice change of pace having the final villains coming from a secret organization within the US trying to create terrorism in order to show the government that their services for protection against terrorism was needed. Much better than some middle eastern country trying to blow up stuff which is how it has been in past seasons. At least this season starts off with someone trying to assassinate a diplomat (Or is it president) of a middle eastern country to keep them from signing a peace treaty. Hopefully by episode 12 (When we normally get the main plot and the first subplot is thwarted) it doesn't turn out to be something that is done to try to frame the US to start another war.
    Secret organizations within the US have been the final villains from arguably like season 2, but most definitely from 4, also its the same overall organization since 4

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Not a good sign of things to come when they are reusing such predictable plotlines in the first hour......

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

missed like the first 30 mins so stopped watching when i found it it was on. but saw starbuckkkk

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

hope Freddie Prinz gets popped cause only person on this show manly enough to bang Starbuck is Jack Bauer.

edit:
    Spoiler: show
    looks like Jack is gonna have another apprentice in the making ala Renee in Cole but with hero worship/disappointment this time! also lol at Horace the Mathmatician as the assassin

The reporter being a diversion and the brother being the insider was too obvious. Here's hoping the brother is something else.

Liking the Mass Effect 2 commercials.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I just lol'd at I hate this place.
    I find this whole thing with Chloe being computer illiterate so unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    I just lol'd at I hate this place.
    Lol yeah, I was thinking how they never listen to Jack when he's right, what he said was perfect.

Kim finally pushing him back in is a nice, unexpected change. Seems she's finally growing up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast