FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

[Midgardsormr] Freesa

This background check is for a character from Midgardsormr named Freesa. Has stated she was a mnk and a ninja in Calamity and Ishtar. Claims that her character was "deleted by SE" and that's why she's started over. She took a name of one of her old linkshell leaders from Midgardsormr and is starting over on Ragnarok with that name.

Can anyone give any input into Freesa the character, Calamity and Ishtar as linkshells, and if "Deletion by SE" means banning, as far as anyone knows? Thanks!

(Posted by request)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phede Mihnao
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ishtar transformed like 1.5-2 years ago to Ishtarr, and is currently Defiance.

I don't really remember anything about Freesa, but I do faintly recognize the name. They certainly weren't in the linkshell that long as far as I remember. Given that the backround check is about Ishtar, they left a hell of a long time ago. Calamity probably knows more about them.

To my knowledge Calamity dissipated a while back and slowly became the LS now known as Numara, if I am not mistaken. Calamity seemed to do well as a linkshell but was notoriously rude, though that mostly could have been in part to their leader at the time. I never knew them to partake in shady business nor approve of it among their members, and I never heard of a member getting banned for pos/bot/hack. Spoke with some ex members I know and most mention this person as just laying low most of the time. I am unsure of why the banning occurred, though it seems to coincide with just around when Calamity broke (I may be wrong). If I find anything else out I'll bring it in.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

In terms of activity and events Calamity and Ishtarr were mid-tier linkshells. I've seen them around doing sky, maybe limbus, sea, etc. They may be in a different situation now, I don't play much anymore.

About Fressa, I don't him or any of Calamity&Ishtarr members individually but I don't think they deal with shady stuff like botting, hacking etc.

SE doesn't randomly delete characters, so you may want to ask him to clarify that. Maybe he deleted/cancelled it himself and SE wasn't able to recover it later on (they guarantee to keep accounts for like 3 months?).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Freesa seemed like a really nice person. I was in Calamity with her for a long time. I would say she was an average player, but always up for anything and super friendly. Calamity was a small mid-level LS, lots of sky and dynamis and limbus, some sea. We did a lot of the KS99's and pop NMs - not much at all of the ground kings ... basically because nobody botted or really had the patience/time for camping them. LS broke, uhh over a year ago, due to leadership not wanting to be leadership anymore.

As for her getting "deleted" or whatever, hmm i dunno. I don't play much anymore, so lost contact with most old members etc. But Freesa did seem to be legit to me, so maybe yeah a random asshole SE banning/deletion. I'd be interested to know what old LS leader name she boosted lol.

No idea about the player, but I'd say Ishtarr was a subpar linkshell with no standards whatsoever. Anyone who wanted a pearl got a pearl, and I think that this was reflected in how they did.

That being said, I don't recall ever hearing anything shady about them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    No idea about the player, but I'd say Ishtarr was a subpar linkshell with no standards whatsoever. Anyone who wanted a pearl got a pearl, and I think that this was reflected in how they did.

That being said, I don't recall ever hearing anything shady about them.
    For the majority of Midgard's free-for-all LS's..they were probably one of the better ones. They let anyone in, but the leadership was very good and they usually did well at most of the events they did.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I was friends with Freesa years ago when I was on midgard she is a great person, definately very helpful. Lost contact with her awhile ago so I'm not sure about her account situation you can PM me if you need help verifying if its the real Freesa but I'm sure it is.

-Taberif Midgard+Leviathan