Closed Thread
Page 3 of 599 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Semitry View Post
    You're not suppose to AA the dive kicks Deejay, like Ryu can c. jab out of them if they're too low and I know others have the same deal. You could try jumping back and fierce too thats' what I do with Honda now and then, just dont' get predictable or you'll eat an EX SS.
    Yeah, when you predict my jumps, you always do his midair kick (whats that called anyway?) into Ultra which sucks because it kind of forces me to stay grounded when I'm being pressured. The only real hope I have is to land an ex TT out of one of your block strings. But you usually only try to tick throw and then go back into dive kick pressure until you can land one into a combo.

Simply put, your rufus routinely kicks my ass and usually I can't do anything to stop you unless I get a knock down before you can build up any meter.

If a low dive kick could be ex TT'd on landing, then I think it would change the matchup by a lot. At least a shoto can attempt a DP in between your dick kick spam, whereas Abel can't do anything but block or jump back. And when I'm in the corner I'm basically screwed.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If it's what people have claimed to be true that the game seems to be faster, i think Makoto will fit right in. I want the 3rd strike love in already, I kinda wanted Yun in the game since you know he and Yang were IN CHUN-LI's INTRO!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Gen
    + EX-Wall Dive (Oga) is no longer safe on wake up.
    Am I misinterpreting this? Why is it a plus? Faster Oga will make for a much more impressive offense, but Gen is just going to melt after a knockdown or two if he can't escape with EX Oga.

As for mantis jump being higher, that's either great news or terrible news, depending on how fast it is in comparison to his current jump.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Yun/Yang would so get raped by characters like Gief/Abel in this game....

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Yun/Yang would so get raped by characters like Gief/Abel in this game....
    Sadly, more gief than anyone else, too much "in your face" tactics.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

bleh@ryu's new ultra, i really hope it's not just all around better and more useful than his current one, they really don't need to give their poster-child anything else

glad to hear viper's damage is good, seems like it'd be easier to combo into also, and i'm intrigued at the gen changes, i hope he's a little easier to play (in particular the mk->hands combo)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    bleh@ryu's new ultra, i really hope it's not just all around better and more useful than his current one, they really don't need to give their poster-child anything else

glad to hear viper's damage is good, seems like it'd be easier to combo into also, and i'm intrigued at the gen changes, i hope he's a little easier to play (in particular the mk->hands combo)
    No one will use Ryu's new Ultra...lol.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i hope not, but knowing how the jp make their games i wouldn't be surprised if they gave their main JP representative way more than he needs.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, I can't see anyone using Ryu or Gief's new Ultras, or probably even Rufus (since his new apparently isn't nearly as easy to lead into has his current) or Akuma's for that matter. And let's not even talk about the counter ultras.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i heartell (rumormill) you can lariat -> fadc -> new ultra for gief, so i wouldn't be surprised if that made it usable, i can imagine the damage won't be as good but it may be more consistently viable than his current one

and looooooooooool@ the counter ultras, there's no way anyone's going to ever use those, you'd have to be a goddamn psychic to pull them off, the only way i can see people using them is to punish guile's sweep kick and rufus' little combo thing (has three choices at the end, regular hit or a sweep or an overhead etc)

i imagine claw will be a lot more viable now if his new overhead is the same as it is now except that...it's an overhead, my friend only uses claw and that kinda scares me actually

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

So far I haven't read anything bout nerfing Rog, which is fine by me. It'd be cool if he gets a decent wake up move and fix some OP to c.mp issues too. Sakura isn't getting much love either ;x

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I dont normally pay full price for fighting games and I havent seriously played a street fighter game since MVC 2 on dreamcast, and generally street fighter is the only fighting series that I enjoy. I plan on getting this, how accessible is cammy and how close does she feel to Super Street Fighter 2/ MVC2 ?

BG Level

Cammy is solid enough to sport in tourney play. She is one of the more "MvC2-like" characters I guess with her triangle-style dives.

I actually expect a lot of the JP to start playing her if a Super is released in arcades there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Cammy is solid enough to sport in tourney play. She is one of the more "MvC2-like" characters I guess with her triangle-style dives.

I actually expect a lot of the JP to start playing her if a Super is released in arcades there.
    yup, i 100% agree

im wondering if they would consider soft banning anyone in particular. although i see no reason to. they just have to adjust to it when it comes out i guess. that is, if its released on arcades

we can only hope

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Well thats good news, thanks welt and rich, I fully intend on picking this up for the PS3, the super version for only 40 bucks is a pretty solid deal.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Well thats good news, thanks welt and rich, I fully intend on picking this up for the PS3, the super version for only 40 bucks is a pretty solid deal.
    oh damn kyo gonna start jumpin and lurkin' this thread now! does this mean i should pick up uncharted/demon souls or dante's inferno now so we can lurk in other threads together? <3

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    oh damn kyo gonna start jumpin and lurkin' this thread now! does this mean i should pick up uncharted/demon souls or dante's inferno now so we can lurk in other threads together? <3
    I lurk more than spiderman <3. God of War 3 tho, you better at least scoop that up.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    I lurk more than spiderman <3. God of War 3 tho, you better at least scoop that up.
    im on it baby. i need to rebuy a slim ps3 soon though hopefully they got a bundle deal coming out. i loved 1 (only one i played )

welt, you on now? i can play a few before i pass out

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    and looooooooooool@ the counter ultras, there's no way anyone's going to ever use those, you'd have to be a goddamn psychic to pull them off, the only way i can see people using them is to punish guile's sweep kick and rufus' little combo thing (has three choices at the end, regular hit or a sweep or an overhead etc)
    Rufus has a 4th option, he doesn't have to do anything which would make the counter ultra fail!

Anyways I read about how lots of moves seem faster, but I onwder if it also could be because the game is sped up?

I can see counter ultras working only if you get the animation when you actually do the counter (so you keep the ultra bar if there's nothing to counter)

As it is right now, counter ultras are useless

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 599 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast