Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

guile looks fun tbh, i just don't want to seriously pick up another character for a while (or juri comes along)

i'm on xbl, and will be for the next few hours, and i'll be on late tonight probably

Banned.

BG Level

If this thread is going to be about SF4, then it was premature to call it/make a SSF4 thread.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Can always use both, one for updates until SSF4 actually releases and the other for SF4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    I guess viper's lack of health hurts her a bit but C? I dunno, B at least I'd have thought and probably Abel lower with his horribad matchups against Gief and Akuma.
    It's all about the matchups. She sucks against most of the higher tier characters.

There's the big 3 horrible matchups - Honda/Zangief/Rufus
    And then there's the clearly disadvantaged - Sagat/Akuma/Ryu/Boxer/Dictator
    Even - Abel, Blanka, Ken
    Advantaged - Chun-Li

i'm on xbl, and will be for the next few hours, and i'll be on late tonight probably
    You're back on xbox now? I'll be on at 10:30pm EST or so.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

guile looks fun tbh, i just don't want to seriously pick up another character for a while (or juri comes along)

Whats your name? I'll be on once I pick my sister up from soccer practice.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Wtf man, that Rog vs Gief sucked. A well timed j.hk beats Gief's lariats, hell even an ex upper does.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

geez, i take back what i said about juri's custom combos looks fucking clean lol

i guess i just gotta turtle it out until the timer runs low just like yun. only hard part im gonna have is when to anticipate the throws i dont think you can do that option select thingy with those ridiculously fast pokes, it might come out as mashing lol

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Whats your name? I'll be on once I pick my sister up from soccer practice.
    wonkykillbishop, i may be a wee bit drunk but i'm going to try and play some.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Scunsion View Post
    stream from my house
    http://iplaywinner.com
    That is insane, however the dmg is only decent for a ultra I can see this haveing potential on a pros hand... They just will figure out some shit to take half of your health bar away lol

Quote Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
    Wtf man, that Rog vs Gief sucked. A well timed j.hk beats Gief's lariats, hell even an ex upper does.
    STREAM MONSTER SPOTTED!!

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    geez, i take back what i said about juri's custom combos looks fucking clean lol
    I don't know. In that video she used the whole super bar + the ultra to do that custom combo ;o

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, but you have to keep in mind she still had over half of her ultra left. Granted, you wouldn't have that much unless you were just a few hits away from death anyway, and realistically it won't be the constant barrage you see there, but that ultra is still looking to be a solid 20 seconds or so worth of pressure on a full bar. I have a feeling Juri's going to be a monster if she has a decent standing overhead.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Scunsion View Post
    STREAM MONSTER SPOTTED!!
    POTMONSTER SPOTTED.

Quote Originally Posted by Thulius View Post
    Yeah, but you have to keep in mind she still had over half of her ultra left. Granted, you wouldn't have that much unless you were just a few hits away from death anyway, and realistically it won't be the constant barrage you see there, but that ultra is still looking to be a solid 20 seconds or so worth of pressure on a full bar. I have a feeling Juri's going to be a monster if she has a decent standing overhead.
    I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not really all that high on an ultra that doesn't give you guaranteed damage. I don't think the pressure of 20 seconds is going to be too bad, especially to the characters that have a "get off me" move.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I see where you're coming from. Against a character like Ryu most of that 20 seconds would probably be spent trying to bait an SRK, but I think that's where the utility comes in. If you DO get in your opponent is either going to wait it out or mash SRK, as they really don't have any other options. Mashing SRK seems like a bad option though because unless you finish your blockstring with something like a cl.HK (or whatever her launcher is) I doubt it'll be punished. That's why I think the ultra's usefulness will depend on if she has a standing overhead, and if so, how quick it is.

If she has one that's safe to combo into during her ultra then that will add a ton to her offensive pressure. If not, it'll just be "hold down-back until it's over" with a tick throw or two from time to time.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

aww you're right lol

didnt realise that, and i totally forgot about combo scaling, they would have to connect another custom in order to outdmg her other one, im guessing? if she doesnt have a full super

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i remember from some interview with seth kill or somewhere else that there was talk of juri's overhead being something extremely fast, i heard this quite a while ago, before ces so i'm sure it's mostly just conjecture

i remember from some interview with seth kill or somewhere else that there was talk of juri's overhead being something extremely fast, i heard this quite a while ago, before ces so i'm sure it's mostly just conjecture
    its pretty fast, but more importantly it hits from wayyyy down town

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

awesome, i'm so looking forward to making juri a secondary, and for viper to have another really useful ultra

tomorrow i'll try and be on, sorry i keep missing you guys (if you've been on) but it's the weekend

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 599 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast