Closed Thread
Page 8 of 599 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    good games damane, good claw too, i realize i became extremely pattern-oriented towards the end but i can't really mindgame without being able to do feints, and i can't feint with that much lag :/

fun though! beastly chunners as always
    yeah noticed some of your combos not going off, lag was horrible, too bad we live so spread out! Your Viper surely rocks, the cross ups with burning kicks are especially good allways got me there, so tricky to guess whats next. In a match without lag I would have way more problems with my claw. I noticed tough you seem not very familiar against my claw then against my chun.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

well, you play your claw very differently from a close friend who i play with all the time, i'm very used to his habits and reactions when we play and you don't react at all the same xD

also @octo, i'm going to play for a while come join me, i have no sound and no mic though

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

You have PSN Ramor?

Yeah I'm actually not at home right now so I can't play. Will be on about 4 hours from now tho.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    You have PSN Ramor?
    not this year, next year (starting in early september) i'll have access to PSN, or whenever i win the rafflecopter and they send me that pstriple.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

GGs Ramor. Sorry I roll a shit load against Viper. Abel vs Viper is basically mixup vs. mixup lol

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lol yeah, ggs indeed. i keep fucking up the jump-in hk->cr fp for some reason, and it always gets punished xD, the mixups were fun i honestly didn't know where i was a few times what with the fire and the rolling

Next game after this new one will be called Street Fighter Alpha 4, and it'll add Rolento, Sodom, Karin, Birdie, and R. Mika (Zangief's protege with different moves). Quote me! Maybe even let Akuma be Shin Akuma eventually too.

Only Third Strike Characters that they might add (eventually in a really long time from now) is Makoto and someone else...everyone of the other characters are just Hybrid people lol, like that big blonde dude Alex, he's just Charlie/Guile/Zangief all mixed in one . Oro is just Dhaslim really, and etc.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/fadc-live

Anyone see that Dan that just owned a flowchart ken? It was hilarious. Dan busted out the Ultimate Taunt super on him lol

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    Isnt it viper with super jump?
    Never thought of that. I was hoping more of a Dan-esque jokester, but I'll listen to her tonight.

Trigun

That was the most awesome Dan ever. It goes to show how some people are tired of all the rules, and just wanna have fun kicking peoples butts.

Ramor, finally got to play viper mirror with you ;o Always love the mirrors. ggs.

I was actually a bit surprised at how good you are with her (even though the win/loss said otherwise) given that you just started playing with her? Keep at it and you'll get better for sure!

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

heh thanks, yeah i've only been at her for like 3 weeks but i'm picking up her basics pretty quickly

aside from not being able to do a shoryuken on the left side of the screen to save my life i like her a lot, but there was another mirror i had earlier where this guy was just....god awful ridiculous

your viper is awesome though :D was a lot of fun

BG Level

Anyone wanna get some games in on PSN?

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

how do i deal with gief, i honestly can't beat the worst of them unless i'm on dictator simply because of his roundhouse, stupid lariat spamming motherfuckers always win

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

how do i deal with gief, i honestly can't beat the worst of them unless i'm on dictator simply because of his roundhouse, stupid lariat spamming motherfuckers always win
    Bend over and apply lube generously. Seriously, Giefs are bitches. As Rufus, I space them with CF and tornados, with a splish splash of crossups to get corner ultras.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

who are giefs worst matchups? sagat and who else? i feel like i want to learn sagat just to stop those stupid lariat-whoring scrubs from thinking they have skill

BG Level

Akuma.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

patience kills gief the most lol

as my play style, i cant help but be naturally aggressive, so a turtling gief who know his distance can be a bitch. but when you are patient and bait him on lariats or spd's,make sure you know the best punish for which character you are on. if im on balrog (hard matchup, but i dont counterpick in general. i need to learn how to deal with it rather than picking someone else) i do a standing jab to rush punch, (or crouching M punch to head butt if the distance is right.) if im on blanka, its usually standing roundhouse or crouching Mk to ball.

but geif's mixup game is what you need to watch out for. when he gets you on that cross up, he got some good options that you cant option select out of and almost forces you to guess sometimes. balb helped me with that, since i usually focus/backdash, or back dash in general. or if your character has a good wake up, like ex up ball, or an SRK-fadc, you should do that. his EX command running grab after the crossup has insane priority on certain people, and his lariat's range is just retarded lol. which is why akuma really IS the hardest match for geif. he can tele out of there

Unfortunately as Viper, if the Zangief has any idea about the matchup you're dead (but most online ones do not). The margin of error that you can do is so small that my general rule of thumb is that if you get knockdown more than once, the game is over.

So my strategy comes down to this:
    - Get as far away from him as possible, and do seismo feints. If he jumps forwards, do a MP seismo and then do a chain. If he walks forward, do an HP chain instead. Gradually he'll be jump happy and by the time he gets to mid screen you can start anticipating the jumps to anti-air.

- If you knock him down, gtf out of there and don't worry about mixing up as Lariat will beat any sort of jump in.

- You can do mk -> mp thunder knuckle at max distance and if he blocks, jump straight up (Lariat will whiff), and then do your favorite combo. The problem here is that if Zangief knows what he's doing, he can time the Lariat to trade in his favor. Most online scrubs don't know that and this is something you can abuse vs Zangief.

- You can punish green hand even if you get hit!

So basically, lots of seismo when he's far away, neutral jumps when he's at midscreen, and gtfo when he's close.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 599 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast