+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    How is it ruining it? Is the quality terrible? Either way I am going to wait until Tuesday.
    Yeah the quality I was watching earlier was cam quality but you was able to make things out of it. I would personally wait till tuesday and I probably will after seeing the first 25min has me reaaaady.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

Man Ninjavideo really doesn't afraid of anything.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So one of my friends and I are arguing about Juliet detonating the bomb at the end of the season. I say that it's the reason Desmond and co had to press the button in the hatch for so long, he doesn't think so. I argue that it's been referred to as "The Incident" since somewhere in the 2nd season(right?) and that's even what the damn S5 finale was called! Oh, can't fucking wait for Tuesday. ZOMGEE

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If the plane doesnt crash, it's safe to assume Desmond didn't fail at pressing the button (or didnt have to press it all).

Imo, Faraday made it clear that his plan was to cancel the "bright magnetic light" (or whatever it is) using the H-bomb. This way, they wouldnt have to seal it with concrete and build the hatch over it, and the plane would never crash because they don't have to deal with the pulse.

Since the plane never crashed, they want us to think Faraday plan was correct...it's hard however to say if it really worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    So one of my friends and I are arguing about Juliet detonating the bomb at the end of the season. I say that it's the reason Desmond and co had to press the button in the hatch for so long, he doesn't think so. I argue that it's been referred to as "The Incident" since somewhere in the 2nd season(right?) and that's even what the damn S5 finale was called! Oh, can't fucking wait for Tuesday. ZOMGEE
    I've been saying this since last year, Jack and co. detonating the bomb will come to be known as "The Incident."

It will allow Dharma to build the Swan. The bomb counteracts the electromagnetism sucking all the stuff down the hole, if it weren't for the bomb, that wouldn't have stopped and they wouldn't have been able to finish the Swan.

Because of this, the plane still crashes as we know it did.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Suit and Tie View Post
    I've been saying this since last year, Jack and co. detonating the bomb will come to be known as "The Incident."
    That's pretty much what Miles said...the real question being what happens to the survivors when the bomb goes off.

Not like we have to wait much longer to find out .

Well if we assume that what they did IS "The Incident" then the plane not crashing isn't an option. Everything we've seen still happened, and chances are we'll see something similar to when Desmond turned the failsafe key, only much larger.

And since we've been told there won't be anymore time travel this season, they'd have to be sent to 2007 to be reunited with the Ajira crew... right?

Just watched their recap episode. Holy shit at how much I forgot even happened. I really wish I would have started rewatching at least season 3-5 like 2 weeks ago.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Suit and Tie View Post
    Well if we assume that what they did IS "The Incident" then the plane not crashing isn't an option. Everything we've seen still happened, and chances are we'll see something similar to when Desmond turned the failsafe key, only much larger.

And since we've been told there won't be anymore time travel this season, they'd have to be sent to 2007 to be reunited with the Ajira crew... right?
    The "world" will send them back on the island one way or the other, and at that point, they will probably remember everything. This new timeline is obviously a small deviation of the original one, and nothing will be changed (for the same reason they can't avoid their death, just delay it slightly). This deviation was probably due to Faraday new calculations, but not good enough to actually create a whole new timeline.

Concerning Jacob, I wonder if the time loop was actually part of his "just as planned". If everyone is alive, Jacob should come back to life as well (until Ben kill him a few years later), and he will probably spend his time instructing Jack how to change their destiny.

My guess is that him and his brother (?) both have to die to free mankind from their destiny, because as long they know the future, no one is "free"...or something like this. His brother think he tricked him using the time loop, but Jacob knew all along and wanted to be killed, and is actually the one who will use the loop to "win" his bet.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dense Fever
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100201/...RoaXNzYXR1cmQ-

Fans search on Waikiki Beach for answers to 'Lost'

HONOLULU – What is that black smoke monster? Will Jack's plan to rewrite history work? Will Sun be reunited with Jin? Will the real Locke please stand up? What happens to the island? What does it all mean? How will it end?

Thousands of fans traveled from around the world to the home of "Lost" in a quest to get some answers to the questions that have piled up in the first five seasons. And they finally got what they were searching for — sort of.

A crowd of about 12,000 — some wearing bikinis — on Waikiki Beach were treated this weekend to a special screening of the season premiere, which airs Tuesday night on ABC (8 p.m. EST) and kicks off the sixth and final season of the castaway drama.

Stars and directors of "Lost" made an island-style, red-carpet appearance and bid "aloha" to the fans and each other.

Actor Josh Holloway soaked it all in amid a chorus of screaming, photo-snapping women packed 10 deep behind metal gates.

"It's like being in high school. It's like being a senior — getting near the last days of school," said Holloway, who stars as hunky, bad-boy Sawyer.

In 16 episodes, the emotional journey will be ending for the characters and actors, most of whom were unknown before "Lost."

"I was a struggling actor in the U.K. I came to Hawaii and now I'm on a hit show, so it's changed my life totally," said Henry Ian Cusick, who plays Desmond.

Nestor Carbonell, who plays Richard, the ageless Other, called it "an incredible ride," that he's not so certain he wants to end.

Jorge Garcia, who portrays the tormented Hurley, said he's pretty sure he'll shed a few tears when it's all over.

"Right now, it's just a lot of appreciation and savoring the moment," he said. "I think when that last script gets dropped off at my house, that's when the sadness starts."

Evangeline Lilly, who stars as sexy jailbird Kate, said it'll be an "end of an era" for her personally. She was 24 when she joined the show and will be 31 when the show wraps this summer.

"This show has carried me through some significant years and I'm going to miss it," she said. "I'm also excited. I'm excited for the freedom and opportunity it'll bring. But it'll be bittersweet."

ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson said the loyal and passionate fan base of "Lost" is a testament to the creative writing and compelling characters.

"It's captured people the way no other show has captured them," McPherson said. Viewers are passionate about other ABC series including "Grey's Anatomy" and "Desperate Housewives," he said, but "Lost" has a different "sense about it," with fans drawn in by its exploration of personal reinvention and discovery.

Even as head honcho, he said, he doesn't know how it'll end. The actors are also left guessing.

"I'm in a state of confusion," said Michael Emerson, who plays creepy Ben Linus. "Some big chunks are falling into place every week, but still I don't know where it's going. I thought midway through (filming) the final season, I would be able to begin to see the end. It's not the case."

Co-creator and executive producer Damon Lindelof is one of the few people who knows how it'll end and what questions will be resolved.

"Our rule of thumb is if the characters who crashed on Oceanic 815 care about it, or if the answer is relevant to them, we're going to answer it," he said. "But if it's a mystery that the fans care about that has no bearing on the lives of our character, we're not going to answer it.

"This is a character-based show. We care more about emotions, motivations and ultimate destinies of the people. We don't care about who built the statue."

Last season ended with Jack (Matthew Fox) deploying a nuclear warhead that, if things went as he hoped, would rewrite history by destroying a huge pocket of electromagnetic energy that may have been responsible for crashing Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 into a mysterious South Pacific island. If Jack's plan works, the plane could make it to Los Angeles as scheduled. If it doesn't they'll still be on the rock.

"For Jack, ultimately it's going to be about a sense of redemption, a catharsis and sort of finally letting go and fulfilling what his destiny is," Fox said. "He's finally gotten to the point where he's ready to do that."

Daniel Dae Kim said Jin's journey will be trying to find his wife, Sun.

"The audience has been kind of looking for that for a while and I'll be surprised if that didn't happen," Kim said.

There will be several characters returning during Season 6, including Claire, Michael and Libby.

But what does it all mean and how are all the stories tied together?

"I have no clue. But I like it that way," Garcia said.

Lilly believes the show is about "redemption and about the tug-of-war between faith and science."

"I think it's probably ultimately trying to say, that tug-of-war is two ends of the same rope. That's my interpretation," she said.

The show first aired on Sept. 22, 2004, with the unforgettable airplane crash on a mysterious island that got stranger by the episode.

When the curtains are finally lowered and filming ends in April, the actors say they'll miss working with such a large and diverse cast that has grown to become very close. They'll also miss Hawaii, which has provided the stunning tropical backdrops. "Lost" is the most successful TV series to be shot in the islands since "Magnum P.I." (1980-88).

"I'll miss being on a beautiful beach at sunrise or working at Makapuu or Kualoa or Makua Valley, just places with such staggering beauty that you think, 'No one should get paid to work here,'" said Emerson, who won an Emmy last year for best supporting actor.

Some of the actors plan to stay in Hawaii. Others will move back to Los Angeles, take time off or concentrate on film. Fox, who is building a home in Oregon and will spend some time with family, said he's done with television after two series that lasted six seasons a piece.

Garcia said he's unsure what's in store for him.

"I'm going to have to go back to civilization and see what my next adventure is," he said.

Just like Hurley would do.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Alright, until tomorrow after I see the episode.. I am definitely avoiding this thread. Don't need the lucky ass eastcoasters who get to see it first spoiling my shit up with ZOMG DID YOU SEE THAT SPOILER every goddamn 8-10 mins during commercial.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

I've thought of acting like I watched the stream and blurt out something random as if its true. But I'm sure somebody would believe me and get me banned.

Love Ksandras sig. Also, every single commercial break I've seen today has had a Lost preview. Also been seeing Ms. Lilly's hair commercial quite a bit as well.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

TONIGHT BABY!!!

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

so fucking stoked. I've been waiting for this since September 2004 lol

edit: after this is over dont think I'll ever love a tv show quite as much for a long long time..

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

hey can someone remind me how jack and kate and the slant got off the island back in the day? helicopter to safety or wat?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

DESMOND TOO RIGHT? and the male slant got blown up but he used his black magic to survive and swim to the island. i just cannot remember for the life of me how the F those clowns got off the island, didnt the choppa run out of gasolina?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    DESMOND TOO RIGHT? and the male slant got blown up but he used his black magic to survive and swim to the island. i just cannot remember for the life of me how the F those clowns got off the island, didnt the choppa run out of gasolina?
    Yeah it ran out of fuel but they had a life boat in the helicopter and was found by Penny's boat a couple hours later.

aduidarnenye

Just HOURS to go!

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Tonight's the night..

very appropriate.

+ Reply to Thread