Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Championship Week: The week of the Hall of Fame QB...errr

SUN, JAN 24

NY Jets at Indianapolis (-7.5) - I'll start this with some stats. Manning is 2-5 (1-5 previous to last week) against 3-4 defenses in the playoffs. The Jets have covered the spread in, I think, 7 of the last 8 games. the Jets defense is better than Baltimore's and their running game is better than Baltimore's. Revis has the ability to take away half the field, and with the Jets ability to pressure QBs, it'll be small windows for Manning to throw the ball. But we know Manning can do it. We found out last week that Revis isn't invincible. Yeah, he swapped off of Jackson and Gates here and there, but Jackson had over 110 yards and would have had over 150 if it wasn't for an illegal block in the back completely away from the play to call back a huge pass. Gates also damn near put up 100 yards. If you have weapons, you can move the ball in the passing game. The Colts have better receivers than the Chargers, but the Chargers are much better sized. The Chargers and Ravens both lost their games because they essentially shot themselves in the feet with penalties and immaturity. Both of last weeks games should have been much closer. If both teams can keep the flags off the field, this will be a competitive game (Colts Ranked 2nd in penalties, Jets ranked 14). So, the meat. I'm getting Manning vs Sanchez...Manning. I'm getting a team that's strictly business with experience, or a team that has shown complete immaturity from the head coach down and no experience. Only two rookie head coaches have won the superbowl, and one will get the chance after this game...his name is Jim Caldwell.

Minnesota at New Orleans (-3.5) - If this game was being played on a neutral field...

This game seems like such a mismatch for me. The Vikings line play was spectacular last week. Defensively, offensively...everywhere. That was against a Dallas team that came in with two of the hottest lines in the league. The Vikings made fools of Dallas. Favre has thrown for 28TDs and 3INTs in a dome this season. He is one of the best red zone QBs in the league. If they get to the 20, write down 7. The running game of Minnesota, while not what it has been, is better than the (4?) headed rushing attack on New Orleans.

...but this game isn't being played on a neutral field.

The Saints held the Cardinals to 14...FOURTEEN...UNO CUATRO points last week. Thats absolutely crazy, and it's not a fluke. Jabari Greer and Sedrick Ellis came back against Arizona healthy. They were able to get pressure on Warner, and they'll get pressure on Favre. Greer will hold down the fort against Rice. He's one of the best corners in the league. It took Fitz almost an entire half to record a catch. I don't expect Bush to have a repeat of last week, but I think he could be used to spread the field out and let Brees go to work. I don't think the Vikings defense will be affected by the crowd, they're used to it. Not so sure about the offense though. It's going to be a hell of a game, but I picked New Orleans in the preseason, and I have to stick to my guns. The Saints go marching in (how many times will Boomer say that if they win? +/- 7).

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

God damn I'm pro.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I should move them just to piss you off.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

You're too lazy.

Banned.

BG Level

What's the points mean?

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

new threads on wednesday night?

Banned.

BG Level

You can only fap so much with a) nfl/tennis thread, b) fuck or duck, c) that video thread I forgot the name d) something else I forgot too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Indy/Saints superbowl.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Brain says Colts/Vikings, heart wants Jets/Saints(you can run on the Jets, do not want to see AP).

The lines against the Jets have been fucking crazy though, I think they got 9.5 or something vs. the Chargers. What games are these guys watching.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Colts are trollin' themselves, I'm calling it now!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh, and Tyche, 4 balls were thrown at Revis vs. the Chargers. Four. One was completed to LT for -4 yards in zone, and another was intercepted.

Not sure what your definition of invincible is.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

I doubt the colts will lose unless they beat themselves like SD last week. But it will be close, less than a TD.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Also, if I had a choice of Jackson/Gates or Clark/Reggie Wayne.. Id dunno who I'd go with. Gates ha crazy size and speed for his position, and Jackson had an explosive year, while Reggie Wayne is doing what he normally does, and Clark had 100 catches at TE. D: I guess the Colts/Chargers WR core is discussed by who's better in terms of roleplayers.

I like the Colts, but I think if people all pile on the Colts as the winner, the Jets will pull it off and produce a super boring Super Bowl.

Banned.

BG Level

Of the 4 teams I'd put my money on the Jets, big win or big lose.

Maybe its a good thing I dont bet >_>;

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Oh, and Tyche, 4 balls were thrown at Revis vs. the Chargers. Four. One was completed to LT for -4 yards in zone, and another was intercepted.

Not sure what your definition of invincible is.
    Who was he covering then, legadu nene? Gates/jackson had, what, over 15 catches for over 200 yards? Jackson should have had over 150.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Saints/Indy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As much as I loved the Jets last week, they will lose this week. The Jets simply won't put up enough points to keep up with the Colts offense, although it should be fairly low scoring.

The Saints/Vikings game is a much tougher call. The Saints have homefield, but let's be real, Favre has played in every environment imaginable and I don't think it will be a huge factor in the end. Plus given the location I foresee quite a few Vikings fans in the stands as well, as Minnesotans will go anywhere warm for vacation this time of year. To me the deciding factor will be how well the Vikings do at getting to Drew Brees - if Brees can stand back and sling the ball around forget it, we're done. But if we can knock him on his back and force the Saints to keep players like Bush and Devry Henderson on the sidelines in favor of more two tight end and two running back sets, I think the advantage goes to the Vikings. So I'll have to go with the Vikings, if not for obvious reasons. If Favre can bring us our first Super Bowl ever, I hereby swear to abandon all of the disdain I have accumulated for the man over the past decade and declare him awesome.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Anyone picking the Jets is a fucking retard.

Take that advice from the 2008 AND 2009 Pick'EM CHAMP

GATTACA!

BG Level

I wouldn't read too much into the Saints dominant defensive showing. They have been great at times, but usually only once they get out in front. The Cards kept that game close for a while but the amount of dumb turnovers kept them out of it. That said, the Saints are a much better team with Greer healthy, expecting a good game.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

God, how I hope the Vikings win.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast